New suggestion for Detective Conan

• I love this anime and just like many others, am very upset at how difficult it is to watch this show. Funimation, you have the rights and even though you stopped dubbing the show, you still close down any fan subbs I've been able to find of NEWER episodes. So, what are you going to do? I've taken the liberty of coming up with a few suggestions that could possibly help make this anime work in america;

1. Re-release a rebooted dub keeping the original script. When a Japanese word clue comes in, have the voice actors speak the Japanese word. I am sure the audience will get it. Fansubs explain jokes all the time. Just make a note on the screen when it needs it and people will follow.

2. If that doesn't seem like a great idea, just keep everything subtitled. Don't even bother with a dub. You guys are already releasing some stuff subtitled before a dub anyway, might as well do that for this. This show has fans and if they can watch professional subs, I am sure they will.

3. If you don't like 1 or 2, then allow SOMEONE to do SOMETHING with the anime! Give the rights to crunchyroll to simulcast the show or simulcast it yourself!! People are thirsty for this show and there MUST be a way to watch it outside of japan.

I've seen just way too many episodes of this anime to have this much trouble. I don't mind subtitles, I don't mind that it is nearly 750 episodes long, and I really don't mind watching another 700 episodes! There just has to be a way to make his anime work in the states.

• FUNimation is done with Case Closed and will not dub anymore or redub what they have (why waste the money).

If Crunchyroll wants Detective Conan, they can get if they want it, FUNi will not stop them.

• The most we will see out of them is if they dub the other 2 movies they have the rights to. As much as I would like to see it happen the only chance the show ever has if someone else picks up the rights for the show. Last I checked Funimation renewed it for future use, but I think that was only to put the show up digitally to make more sales.

• @jlaking:

FUNimation is done with Case Closed and will not dub anymore or redub what they have (why waste the money).

If Crunchyroll wants Detective Conan, they can get if they want it, FUNi will not stop them.

That is not actually true. Funimation gave the Detective Conan Translation Project a cease and desist order a bit ago. Truthfully, if Funimation has no intention of ever restarting Detective Conan, then either give up the rights and let another company take over OR let DCTP start translating again. It is NOT RIGHT for funimation to just decide that they don't want to translate the episodes anymore yet not let anyone else translate them either. Someone fansubbing it does not affect Funimation in any way, shape or form since they are not actively releasing episodes. And for them to say, No we aren't doing it anymore and no one else can either shows that Funimation does not care about their fans and only cares about money and what is popular. Frankly it disappoints me and makes me wants to contact the Japanese rights holders and ask them to revoke Funimations ownership of Detective Conan. I, and I am sure many others, are asking you once again Funimation, either release new translated episodes on your own, or give it to someone else who will. If you still choose not to, I hope others will join me in trying to get your ownership of the U.S. distribution rights for DC revoked.

• it was TMS Entertainment that ordered funimation to issue the C&D, and they have to comply. doesn't matter if funimation is no longer working on a show or even owns a show. if the Japanese rights holders want something taken down and tell funimation to do it, they have to do it

• @rgstorm:

That is not actually true. Funimation gave the Detective Conan Translation Project a cease and desist order a bit ago. Truthfully, if Funimation has no intention of ever restarting Detective Conan, then either give up the rights and let another company take over OR let DCTP start translating again. It is NOT RIGHT for funimation to just decide that they don't want to translate the episodes anymore yet not let anyone else translate them either. Someone fansubbing it does not affect Funimation in any way, shape or form since they are not actively releasing episodes. And for them to say, No we aren't doing it anymore and no one else can either shows that Funimation does not care about their fans and only cares about money and what is popular. Frankly it disappoints me and makes me wants to contact the Japanese rights holders and ask them to revoke Funimations ownership of Detective Conan. I, and I am sure many others, are asking you once again Funimation, either release new translated episodes on your own, or give it to someone else who will. If you still choose not to, I hope others will join me in trying to get your ownership of the U.S. distribution rights for DC revoked.

What DCTP was doing was illegal since they had no license to stream the show, so FUNi is in the right to project the show from fansubbers.

TMS Entertainment will not revoked FUNi's license to DC because some one(s) do not know how copyrights work.

• Yes please funimation please please please…..........................................dub more of case closed they'res alot of fans out here and news ones also who would love to see more of the case closed series

• Not gonna happen.

Thread is now locked.