Xbox 360 app now available…sort of

• I received an e-mail today stating that the Funimation app for Xbox 360 is available, but when I checked the Xbox Live Marketplace it wasn't there. Some people say they got the app, so that leads to my question: Do you have the Xbox app if so are you in the US or Canada?

• @blarghonk25:

I received an e-mail today stating that the Funimation app for Xbox 360 is available, but when I checked the Xbox Live Marketplace it wasn't there. Some people say they got the app, so that leads to my question: Do you have the Xbox app if so are you in the US or Canada?

Check the New Releases section; that's where I found it yesterday morning. It might not have been filed in an app category just yet. If you still can't find it, try rebooting a couple times.

As far as I know, Microsoft doesn't approve apps per region. If you still can't find it, you may want to contact their support staff in order to determine if you should be seeing it or not, as well as a support ticket with Funimation.

• Have you guys been getting Username Errors when you try to log in it?

• @GokuElric:

Have you guys been getting Username Errors when you try to log in it?

I was getting a "Server Unavailable" message, but maybe they fixed that discrepancy already.

The issue(s) is listed on the FAQ. Make sure you're using your username and not email address, and if you have a password longer than 16 characters, or it contains any special characters, you'll have to change it to something simpler.

Hope that helps.

• @GokuElric:

Have you guys been getting Username Errors when you try to log in it?

Not me. I'm able to sign in without any problems.

• It doesn't say error but after it signs in it stills say unlock thousnads of videos by getting EVS, like i dont have it. My password doesn't have any special characters and it works on my roku. I guess its a bug or something, I made a report on suppport yesterday but i have not heard anything yet.

• Are you sure you have a paid EVS subscription? it doesnt have the subscriber badge on your name like it usually would.

• I don't see the funimation app either. It is still not listed under new releases or even if directly search funimation.

• @4wesome0:

I don't see the funimation app either. It is still not listed under new releases or even if directly search funimation.

Other users have reported that it's not available to Xboxes registered as Canadian. There are a couple ways around this block, which are posted elsewhere on the forums.

• @sandman64:

Are you sure you have a paid EVS subscription? it doesnt have the subscriber badge on your name like it usually would.

Well for some reason it wasn't current but we watch it every day on the Roku and i was subscribed but apparently it hadn't continued as a recurring debit. I didn't even suspect that because it was working fiine on the Roku. Anyway problem solved.

• @robsnator:

Well for some reason it wasn't current but we watch it every day on the Roku and i was subscribed but apparently it hadn't continued as a recurring debit. I didn't even suspect that because it was working fiine on the Roku. Anyway problem solved.

I had a similar experience. last month when I tried buying the 6 month for $20 I realized the system already had me as a current EVS member on all devices and I had the subscriber badge/could watch any show ad free, but I never actually bought an EVS membership. o.o

• I'm hoping these are just bugs but the dubs keep disappearing from my choices. Even though I just watched 5 dubbed episodes of Karnavel. Really good show by the way.

• According to the FAQ page you simply need to restart the app. I was having issues with DUBBED missing from the menu bar. Simply quit the app and start it again.

• @Treyvalyn:

I'm having the same issue. When I log in (after changing my password 2 times) I get subs but NO dubs. Am I missing something or is this just an issue that needs to be worked out. I verified under my registration information that I am an EVS member. Anyone else had this issue and resolved it?

It's a known issue. Check the FAQ for more details.

• Sorry about the weekend delay, but I can confirm that the app is not available yet for Canadian users. However, we will be adding Canadian users in a future update.

Sorry about the delay/confusion.

If you're having any other issues with the Xbox app, please check the FAQ first and then submit a new ticket with the reason code "XBox App". We're aware of a number of the issues with the app already, and in most cases the solution is to restart the app. We're working on those fixes for an upcoming update.

However, it's possible that we don't know about your issue yet, or we can otherwise solve it for you, so please go ahead and make that ticket if the FAQ doesn't address your issue. Thanks!

• For us Canadians if you don't want to wait for the FUNI app to appear on the Canadian Xbox Marketplace the easiest way around this is to create a US Xbox Live account on the SAME CONSOLE download it from there and you can use your Canadian XBL account to launch the app that's how I did it hope this can help if you don't want to wait

• so this leads to my next question where is the ps3 app and when are we getting one?

• @blarghonk25:

For us Canadians if you don't want to wait for the FUNI app to appear on the Canadian Xbox Marketplace the easiest way around this is to create a US Xbox Live account on the SAME CONSOLE download it from there and you can use your Canadian XBL account to launch the app that's how I did it hope this can help if you don't want to wait

Let it be known that its against the ToS to falsify personal information on a Xbox Live account. When you register for a Xbox live account you AGREE to the terms and services.

The page the information is on: http://www.xbox.com/en-AU/consoleban

"Online fraud: Attempting to social engineer users, take over Xbox LIVE accounts, or other fraudulent activities."

Meaning don't make a fake account to gain access to the american market or you'll regret it. even if the app is free.
    Is it worth getting your console banned?

• I think everyone is aware that its a risk to make an account for the US to use in Canada, but I don't think its considered fraud. We had a big discussion about this type of thing, that being: using proxys and other type of stuff to get content in an area that the content is not available in, but I think that thread disappeared o.o.
    Microsoft isn't going to do anything about it. it isn't a big deal (its a free app, that I subscribe/pay to stream on).

@devinator12:

Is it worth getting your console banned?

Having the Funimation App is definitely worth getting my console banned :P