Aquarion Evol thoughts

• Hey guys, I recently finished watching the dubbed version of Aquarion Evol (since Funimation rocks with their interpretations), and I must say I was pleasantly surprised by all the twists and turns Evol threw at you!

I especially liked how all the romances were fully developed and that the character progression felt real and believable. Sure, Evol won't be the best thing ever to hit the screen, but it was still a fantastic performance. I also really liked the stance on men and women that Evol, like its predecessor, isn't afraid to say they were made for each other and are inseparable. Maybe not quite the Yin and Yang of things, but the idea is the same. God made us all in His image, both male and female, and to that end for them to be united here on earth. Its a wonderful picture…kudos to Aquarion for hitting the right strings. ;)

The ending was a little trippy too, and I appreciated the twist from the original that Evol evoked. I thought the sequel was a lot more careful to avoid useless episodes (save one. xD) and found myself guessing what would happen next throughout the series even to the end, for the most part. WELL DONE!!

Oh, and did I mention romance!?!?!?! Evol clearly rocked with our main characters, but also with the others too, especially Mix and Andy. The fact that all the side characters have an importance to the show was very crucial to the success of Evol, since it didn't feel like you were wasting your time on anyone like the first series unfortunately did.

YEAH FOR ZESSICA!! I have to finish this part by saying how much I liked her twist in the series and the scene with Kagura (can't tell you since that would be a serious spoiler)! Wow, so awesome and sad.

• Evol was a ton of fun with some cool character relationships, flashy action, at least one amusing case of otaku culture insider joke not translating well, and in general enough delicious cheese to clog an artery.

Alot better than the original in my opinion, probably in good part because i actually liked these characters heck of a lot more

• @8hatman8:

Evol was a ton of fun with some cool character relationships, flashy action, at least one amusing case of otaku culture insider joke not translating well, and in general enough delicious cheese to clog an artery.

Alot better than the original in my opinion, probably in good part because i actually liked these characters heck of a lot more

yea i agree i thought the chars in EVOL were so much better then the first one. I couldnt stand the first one and never finished it. logos i am not even sure if i want to bother with it.

Dont get me wrong…the mecha crap was crap in my book. I really dont get why they make such a stupid mecha....cant make something cool looking? I really only watched evol because of the chars. They were great and the only good part about the show.