Ben-To stream is TV broadcast version.

• Hey Sophie & CJ. I came across an interesting bit of info and I thought I'd bring it to your attention.

Some posters on the Fandom Post have realized that the version of Ben-To streaming on both the website here and on Hulu is the TV broadcast version. They could tell because of some edited nudity and a few poorly drawn characters. Normally, this isn't such a big deal, as it's actually very common for the subtitled stream to be the broadcast version. However, they specifically mentioned that the dub that's currently streaming for EVS members is also the censored, unfinished broadcast version as well. Here's the post in question:

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?28588-FUNimation-licenses-Ben-To&p=249097&viewfull=1#post249097

This is not a good sign, because it's exactly the same thing that happened with Sankarea last year, and we all know how disastrously THAT turned out. I know that Ben-To is set to release on DVD and BD very soon, but if it turns out that this edited TV version is what gets put on the discs, people are not going to be pleased. We most certainly don't want another repeat of the Sankarea incident, which even almost 9 months later, still has yet to be resolved or even commented on by FUNimation.

Perhaps this is just me being paranoid, but I do think it would be in FUNimation's best interest to double check. If it turns out the physical copies are indeed the uncensored Japanese home video version, then no harm, no foul. If however this leads to the Ben-To release being delayed in order to fix the current problem, I think it would still be better than actually putting the release out onto the street and having to recall all the copies later.

Or, if they want, FUNi could just do like Viz did with the second season of Nura, throw their hands up in the air, say "We couldn't get it, sorry," and let that be the end of it. Their call.

Anyways, I just wanted to bring this to you guys' attention. I know you two actually work for FUNimation, so you could pass the word along faster than I or anyone else could. If you could just let the heads at FUNi's quality control know about this little mixup, that'd be awesome. ^_^

That's my report. Back to work. salutes

• Oh man… given how carefully they discussed Sankarea on the ANNCast I have to imagine this isn't an easy issue to deal with...
    As someone who pre-ordered Ben-To (and Sankarea) I'd definitely vote for a delay if anything needs fixing, especially if there is QC fixes, I just hope all gets fixed.

• I'm hoping if anything it's like the situation that's been popping up lately with certain streams: Someone mentioned recently that The Sacred Blacksmith was censored, even the dub version, though we know good and well that the physical release was uncensored. Hopefully this issue only affects the streaming and not the physical release, but I figured it would be a good idea to bring this to FUNimation's (and the forum's) attention just in case.

• Well shoot, I streamed Ben-to 1-2 dubbed and didn't notice anything really amiss (besides the whole zero-to-hero in one episode bit lol).

• From what I understand, the main difference between FUNi and Hulu's stream and the Japanese BD masters is "derpy faces", like so:

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=f1e4fe312368236c&id=F1E4FE312368236C!134&sff=1&v=3

Also, there's apparently a post-credits scene in episode 7 that takes place in an onsen with some nudity edited out.

But if you ask me, the ugly faces are reason enough to want the home video version. They uggggggly. O.o

• I think you helped Funi dodge a bullet there:
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-06-18/funimation-delays-ben-to-dub-release-until-further-notice/.75706

One the one hand I'm sad the release will be delayed, on the other hand I'm extremely happy that Funimation is working towards a quality product.

• @St0ck:

One the one hand I'm sad the release will be delayed, on the other hand I'm extremely happy that Funimation is working towards a quality product.

I'm also glad that Funi is going to retool this one. I'm sad that this wrong quality incident occurred.

I didn't notice anything off myself, but I've only seen the 2 dubbed eps that Funimation has up so I've nothing to compare it to. These Funi QA guys have to get it in gear. :)

• They removed the online dub release from the schedule as well as the physical release

I am not pleased. At least Sankarea got its dub out there before they pulled the plug. Now those two dubbed Ben-To episodes will be in limbo for an extraordinarily long time

• @Riles:

At least Sankarea got its dub out there before they pulled the plug.

What happened with the Sankarea release?

In any case at least they didn't cancel any orders yet, so that's a good sign they feel it can be resolved in a reasonable amount of time.

• @Riles:

They removed the online dub release from the schedule as well as the physical release

I am not pleased. At least Sankarea got its dub out there before they pulled the plug. Now those two dubbed Ben-To episodes will be in limbo for an extraordinarily long time

I was looking forward to that, so that means there won't be a dub for Ben-To for a while then? I'm not as familiar with FUNimations release protocols.

• I do wish that Funi hadn't pulled the video that they were going to release from the streaming schedule. It isn't as though we're strangers here to streaming the TV broadcast versions. Watching the TV version and then watching the home video version is kinda fun sometimes and this could be a rare chance to do that with both versions being viewed dubbed.

• Has anyone heard any updates on this yet?

• nope. we probably wont be hearing anything for the rest of the year

• @Getchman:

nope. we probably wont be hearing anything for the rest of the year

WoW! Okay, didn't think they would hold orders that long…... I can wait.

• yeah, it's not a quick process