**Do NOT Request Future Seasons of Anime** (New Forum Members: Please Read)

• **The following opinions expressed herein are my own and do not represent the views or opinions of FUNimation or its affiliates in any way. I am not an employee of FUNimation, of any of its affiliates, or of this website. I am not an admin or even anyone special relating to www.funimation.com.

I am simply another fan, just like you, with an opinion to share.**

=======================================================================================

So you just finished watching Spice & Wolf, Seikirei, Rosario+Vampire, Cat Planet Cuties, etc., and you still want more where that came from, eh? Would you like to see another season of your favorite show so you could enjoy the characters & storyline that much more?

Some of you might assume that the proper course of action would be to ask FUNimation about it.

In reality, though, this is not the case.

Before you post on the FUNimation forums with your requests for a second or third season of your favorite show, please take the following into consideration:

1. FUNimation does not make anime. I will say that again: FUNIMATION DOES NOT MAKE ANIME. Anime is made in Japan by a number of different animation and production companies. FUNimation is an American company located in Texas. Other than creating English subtitles, directing an English dub, and designing box art, FUNimation has absolutely NOTHING to do with the creation, writing, direction, animation, or production of any anime series whatsoever. They only license what's available from Japan. If it doesn't exist in Japan, then FUNimation cannot localize it. While this should be common knowledge by now, many would be surprised by how many people still think that FUNi actually makes all their shows themselves.

2. FUNimation cannot influence the Japanese to make another season of an existing anime. No matter how popular the title in question is here in the States, the creation of a second season depends not on American sales, but almost entirely on Japanese sales. These shows are, after all, originally intended for a Japanese audience. If the show is a hit in Japan, then a second season is all the more likely, even if it doesn't do well over here. If the show bombs in Japan, even if it's extremely popular in the West, then there's little to no chance another season will ever see the light of day. Animation studios make the majority of their money from Japanese DVD and bluray sales, which is why they tend to be much more expensive over there than they are over here. A typical 13 episode show will run you well over $300. Compared to that, U.S. sales are pocket change. The studios have to go with what sells over in Japan. If the people aren't buying, they're going to drop it and move on to the next project.

There have been a few times in the past where U.S. sales influenced the production of a sequel season, such as in the case of The Big O and IGPX. But those were directly co-funded by Cartoon Network, and let's face it: FUNimation doesn't exactly have Cartoon Network money.

3. Petitions for anime don't work, have never worked, and more than likely will never work. Anime costs millions of dollars and requires hundreds of man hours worth of labor to create, so a handful of signatures on a measly piece of paper alone is not going to get you a second season. Like mentioned above, Japan is only interested in Japanese sales. It doesn't matter if you get 10,000 signatures or not; they make significantly more money from Japanese DVD/BD sales than from North American sales. If it's not popular in Japan, then they could care less about how well it does in the U.S.

4. If you do not know if a second or third season is in the works or not, please do some research first before asking about it. Some excellent sites to check out for the latest anime news are Anime News Network, Crunchyroll, and The Fandom Post, and of course, there's always Google. If you can't find out any news or info on a new season of a certain show, then it simply doesn't exist. Unless an official announcement is made by the studio or production company themselves, then any and all discussion about a future season is nothing more than conjecture and holds no truth to it.

5. Above all else, please remember that no one is entitled to another season of their favorite show. Anime, just like TV, movies, video games, books, and all other forms of media, is "entertainment". Entertainment, by extension, is a luxury. It is not food, water, clothing, or shelter. You do not need it to survive. If the companies responsible for your favorite show decide not to produce another season, then that's sadly something you're just going to have to deal with. Japan doesn't owe you another season of your favorite show, and FUNimation doesn't always owe you a license of said show if it does end up being made. Sure, it always sucks when the story is cut off right in the middle before you get to see how it ends, but trust me, it's not the end of the world. If your favorite show gets canceled, it's okay to feel upset, but please don't rant & rage and hold a grudge. Instead, pick up a different show. Or read the manga. There are so many different and wonderful series out there in the world of anime that you're guaranteed to find something else that you'll like.

So before you ask "Will we ever get season 3 of _______?", odds are the answer is, "Probably not."

tl;dr version: If you want to finish the story, just go read the manga.

• I just wish this could be stickied to every shows subforum, too.

• It would be nice if we had a global sticky option, honestly.

• Also we love you all.

• Well, there is that one guy, though…

• !

• Maybe make this a required reading while signing up for the website? If the responses I see on a weekly basis are any indication than this sounds reasonable :P.

I personally only got into manga and anime this year and have already read and watched a fair amount, but I researched and found out pretty quick how the industry works (sad face). This thread is pretty handy though for anyone that is new and it doesn't come off as hostile, but let's be honest here….. some of the new people post out of ignorance and some honestly don't know what they're getting into once long time readers/viewers comment.

• Even if the 1st post of this thread was required to be read before creating an account on Funimation forums, that doesn't mean that people will actually read the paragraphs. This would be no different than any other company informing the individual(s) to read the contract before they can continue with the use of "X" company product. People would just click the radio button for "Yes, I read the contract and understand the Terms and Conditions stated within the contract," in order to register faster and post their question in the forum.

• I suggest people who ask Funi to make anime be forced to wear a dunce hat for one month! evil smile

• ^ Be nice, Monkey. -_-

• Fine well just force them to put a wet mackerel in their pants instead. :p

• I hate it when that happens! :P

• Oh come, now. You think so small, SoundMonkey.

! Obviously THIS is the only appropriate punishment:
    ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DopGxUAoAY

• dear funimation i know many people ask a lot of things to your company but am asking if you could English dub soul eater not! and fairy tail episodes 121 and on plz

• @taiz1love:

dear funimation i know many people ask a lot of things to your company but am asking if you could English dub soul eater not! and fairy tail episodes 121 and on plz

they are dubbing the rest of fairy tail, probably already finished. just gotta be patient and wait for those uploads.

• I am going to be polite about this Funimation is going under their getting bought out by a christian organization group out of Texas and there for all Funimation shows are dwindling down. its also poor service by Funimation not even their own employees like working for Funimation due to the fact of their poor track record of sales and service. If you think for one minute their wont be second or 3 seasons your sadly mistaken. If the fans want it it will happen scripts and timing is crucial. sorry had to clear some things up. this was coming from Monica Rial herself her words. Im just repeating what she told me.

http://www.kinematicent.com/monica-rial-to-guest-at-pensacon/

• …I'm not even going to dignify that with a response. -_-

• Demon, it would appear you have no idea what you are taking about. but thanks for the laugh

• @demonxstorm:

I am going to be polite about this Funimation is going under their getting bought out by a christian organization group out of Texas and there for all Funimation shows are dwindling down. its also poor service by Funimation not even their own employees like working for Funimation due to the fact of their poor track record of sales and service. If you think for one minute their wont be second or 3 seasons your sadly mistaken. If the fans want it it will happen scripts and timing is crucial. sorry had to clear some things up. this was coming from Monica Rial herself her words. Im just repeating what she told me.

http://www.kinematicent.com/monica-rial-to-guest-at-pensacon/

• If the Japanese fans want it it will happen

Fixed that for you. ~_^

• I find this to be good info, but do you know if they have control over any of the dubbed content? Cause I would REALLY a like to be pointed in the right direction to seeing if there will be any One Piece episodes coming out on bluray.