Question

• I heard that there is a restart on the Case Closed series. I am soo excited, please tell me that it is true!!!!!!!!!!

• There is no truth to that and FUNimation said many times that they will not be licensing anymore of the TV series.

• Sadly this rumor is false, and as said Funimation has no plans to pick up any more of Case Closed TV. If we are exceptionally lucky we may get the rest of the movies eventually, as those supposedly sold decently well. But fans have been asking for more conan for years to no avail…sigh. I wish at the very least they would stream the rest...or that anyone would stream the rest for that matter.

But you know what they say, its always the simple pleasures in life that are over looked...why would anyone get more of a simple yet intruiging anime like Conan, when they can get more cliche ecchi & moe-blob... enters old man rant mode

But yeah, if there ever is a modern reboot of the series, I would love to see someone give it a go.

• I got really excited and all my friends were excited also, unfortunately I'll have to inform them that it was just a rumor. I have to say it would have been nice to have seen a launch to the series. Any way of convincing Funimation to re-launch the series? Or is it a lost cause?

• Funimation doesn't make anime, so them "re-launching" the series is impossible. Unless you mean them dubbing more episodes into English. Which as stated, they have already said they won't do sadly. Again at this point the only thing we can hope for is that we eventually get more movies dubbed into English, if were lucky knock on wood

• If we could prove their is the fan base for it, do you think they would reconsider? Like a financial fundraiser to give it base to start off on or something like that??? Any chance of that being an option or only pray for the movies and hope that isn't a myth.

• The size of the fanbase does not matter, only the sales from the DVDs and digital downloads matter.

• Wow I haven't posted on the funimation forums since the old one was shut down(anyone from the old forums still around? :P). So it seems that there has been no change to the situation since I last checked…which was almost 3 years ago! so sad funimation has not done anything with the series. Still no news on the movies either? .

• Sophie, the Community Manager, let us in that they're doing… absolutely nothing in terms of Case Closed. That was about two years ago. Frankly I'm surprised they even bothered to put up a new CC forum. I mean, their license to CC has to be close to expiring.

• It would be nice, but IMO it's not going to happen. Detective Conan's still going on… Funimation's got the first five seasons licensed and dubbed into English (though Anglicizing the names was not cool IMO) but where to get Detective Conan (subtitled) legally in the USA up to season 23… I don't know.

• It'd be nice for FUNi to relase more of the dub, but as others said, and as Justin Rojas answered my question in a YouTUbe Live stream (or GOogle+, whatever it is now), they do not have plans to license it themselves.

Anyone know how long that license Funimation has for Case Closed has left before it expires, if it does? If some other studio were to continue the series, I'd love that. I love Funimation, but when they aren't releasing more, I'll want to get more of it where I can.

Before you OG Anime guys say, "Where were you when they first released the DVDs?" Well, I got into anime in 2011, having never cared to try it. After seeing a few series, I finally got into Case Closed just earlier this year, and breezed through the first 5 seasons in a month, and then immediately bought all seasons and movies at Amazon and Moviestop– Both of whom report to Nielsen for DVD sales. So I supported their release (Viridian releases), just practically years after they decided to put the nail in the coffin. It sucks, because manga sales are still strong I hear, and I'm sure more people got introduced late to this amazing series, like me. They should hold a poll to see the interest, or maybe do a "made to order" DVD release of Season 6 (matching the cover scheme of the Viridian collection, please), where pre-orders cannot be cancelled unless the project doesn't hit good sales. I'd be more than willing to do that, even if they charge like $30-$40 a season. Hell, I'd even pledge on Kickstarter if they intend to fund at least another few seasons!

• @K:

It'd be nice for FUNi to relase more of the dub, but as others said, and as Justin Rojas answered my question in a YouTUbe Live stream (or GOogle+, whatever it is now), they do not have plans to license it themselves.

Anyone know how long that license Funimation has for Case Closed has left before it expires, if it does? If some other studio were to continue the series, I'd love that. I love Funimation, but when they aren't releasing more, I'll want to get more of it where I can.

Before you OG Anime guys say, "Where were you when they first released the DVDs?" Well, I got into anime in 2011, having never cared to try it. After seeing a few series, I finally got into Case Closed just earlier this year, and breezed through the first 5 seasons in a month, and then immediately bought all seasons and movies at Amazon and Moviestop– Both of whom report to Nielsen for DVD sales. So I supported their release (Viridian releases), just practically years after they decided to put the nail in the coffin. It sucks, because manga sales are still strong I hear, and I'm sure more people got introduced late to this amazing series, like me. They should hold a poll to see the interest, or maybe do a "made to order" DVD release of Season 6 (matching the cover scheme of the Viridian collection, please), where pre-orders cannot be cancelled unless the project doesn't hit good sales. I'd be more than willing to do that, even if they charge like $30-$40 a season. Hell, I'd even pledge on Kickstarter if they intend to fund at least another few seasons!

Kickstarter wouldn't help.there several factors that did CC in,it looks like a kids show,it's an on-going anime,i think the one factor that did CC in were the fans.they weren't patient enough to wait for the DVD's to release,FUNimation gave it multiple chances.it was even on TV,but that didn't help it.so FUNi isn't gonna put more money towards an anime that isn't gonna make them money.it was the fans that deiced weather it was gonna continue here in N.A or not.

• Hey, anyone else have the issue with the last half of the streaming seasons? every episode from season 3 on is 'is this a zombie?' for me, anyone else, I don't think this is a computer problem of any sort.

• it's unfortunate that they aren't dubbing the rest of the series because for me each role was cast perfectly. i hate starting a series dubbed and switching to subbed in the middle of it. but the point is that i want to know the exact reason for them not finishing Case Closed. like was it budget issues of cast member issues or copyright issues or something. i just want to know.

• @crimsonkid:

it's unfortunate that they aren't dubbing the rest of the series because for me each role was cast perfectly. i hate starting a series dubbed and switching to subbed in the middle of it. but the point is that i want to know the exact reason for them not finishing Case Closed. like was it budget issues of cast member issues or copyright issues or something. i just want to know.

Not enough sales of the DVD.

• In question, I just really miss Case Closed all together, i remember when i was younger i would accidently wake up at 5:30am and it was on Cartoon Network, and i thought it was so cool, but i guess it didn't do that good in rating, but recently two years ago i found it on the tv channel TV Japan, it was the ninth season of the show, it was cool seeing it again but after that brief time i moved and now where i'm at there's no anime channels and the anime i can relay on watching is Toonami or watching it online. But just one season just to get Case Closed back up again and i understand fully why FUNimation hasn't gotten any rights for the show right now there working on Fairy Tail dub and probably getting season 6 for One Piece, and looking at it Case Closed did better than Sgt. Frog or Shin Chan did on DVD, both shows got 3 seasons and only 78 episodes but Case Closed was much more popular and got 5 seasons and 130 episodes. I think FUNimation is just waiting until their done with dubbing Fairy Tail or maybe the rights for Case Closed are too expensive. All and all just one season would be fine to have just to see it again.

• Ah yes, I too have fond memories of Case Closed on late night cartoon network.
    But that's what DVDs are for, never a bad time to sit back and watch an old show or two.

• @jlaking:

Not enough sales of the DVD.

There's a very easy solution to that. FUNimation should release the DVDs in Region 2 (UK and other territories). That would easily boost the DVD sales WAY up.

• that only benefit region 2 distributors

• Funimation doesn't have the rights to release Case Closed in the U.K. And as stated that wouldn't help the American market.

• @Getchman:

that only benefit region 2 distributors

@Soundmonkey44:

Funimation doesn't have the rights to release Case Closed in the U.K. And as stated that wouldn't help the American market.

FUNimation could cash in on the success of the hugely successful British TV show "Sherlock" and use that opportunity to release their current dubs in Region 2. The sales, which WOULD be massive, would help pave the way for more dubs.