Weekly Voice Actor/Seiyuu Poll: June 16th - 20th

• Back once again with the weekly voice actor poll, this time we go with someone a little better known around this parts (and hopefully one that'll bring in a little more participation). The one and only Cherami Leigh!

She was quite the staple in FUNimation dubs for a while, but recently moved out to Los Angeles from what I've heard. It seems like all of FUNi's really good VAs make that move at some point. Usually playing kids and teens, though every once in a blue moon they give her something less typical. She is probably best known for her roles as Lucy in Fairy Tail, Patrica "Patty" Thompson in Soul Eater, Shana in Shakugan no Shana (excluding the first season), and of course Asuna Yuuki in Sword Art Online. Plenty of other characters are lucky enough to be voiced by her, but I figured I'd hit the biggest ones.

Anyways, here some extra info on her in case you wish to make a more informed voice or just to help refresh the memory.

Anime News Network
    Behind The Voice Actors
    IMDB
    TV Tropes

• I like Cherami quite a bit, her role as Asuna notwithstanding. Although it did seem for a while that (at least during her FUNimation days) she was starting to get overused just a bit.

If I had to pick a favorite role of hers, though, it would probably be Tama-chan from Bamboo Blade. The ultimate mix of adorable and dangerous all mixed up in one tiny little package.

• I was lucky enough to get a picture with her and an autograph at Animazement 2011. I think she's a terrific actress - as far as voice acting goes, I'll go with "she's pretty good". I can't really say what her best performance was, since there's really no clear separation from her roles. Tamaki definitely stands out, but Bamboo Blade had a terrific dub overall.

! Oh who am I kidding, I might as well just be my old biased self and post Cherami's best character! ^_^
    !

• I'll have to go with a 'She's Pretty Good' vote as well. I love what I've heard of her in Sgt. Frog, Soul Eater, and so on, but I've still yet to hear her in that one role that pushes her to absolute favorite status - though Patty is a pretty close shot at that. Perhaps Lucy will manage that once I get around to watching my Fairy Tail sets.

• I like her work quite a bit, so I gave her a "pretty good" vote.

• I give a "She's great" can't say too much about her portrayal of Lucy Heartfilia in Fairy Tail though. Loved her as Patty

• Slightly better turn out than last weeks poll, and better results for the VA in question too. Overall the people seem to like Cherami Leigh though there doesn't seem to be a consensus on what her best role is.

Up next we'll finally live up to the 'seiyuu' half of the topic title. Who shall it be? Well you'll have to check out it, won't you?