One Piece TV Listing Misspelling

• I was watching Toonami last night, and i looked on the TV guide to see next week's showing of One Piece and there were two big misspellings in the description of the episode and i qoute from the Cox Cable Tv Guide "One Piece: (TV-Y7) - Sanji tangles with a deranged gook", i did a double take when i saw that, i was floored that they misspelled the word cook with that racist term, obviously whoever was in charge of doing the descriptions for the shows might possibly heave been a racist. What it should have been was "Sanji tangles with a deranged cook", cause in the episode he fights a cook by the name of Wanze who's fighting techniques are all little twisted. Even though this seems small it should be changed to the right word, and whoever did it whever it was on purpose or accidentally should be demoted.

• @DBZfan:

I was watching Toonami last night, and i looked on the TV guide to see next week's showing of One Piece and there were two big misspellings in the description of the episode and i qoute from the Cox Cable Tv Guide "One Piece: (TV-Y7) - Sanji tangles with a deranged gook", i did a double take when i saw that, i was floored that they misspelled the word cook with that racist term, obviously whoever was in charge of doing the descriptions for the shows might possibly heave been a racist. What it should have been was "Sanji tangles with a deranged cook", cause in the episode he fights a cook by the name of Wanze who's fighting techniques are all little twisted. Even though this seems small it should be changed to the right word, and whoever did it whever it was on purpose or accidentally should be demoted, and or canned. And i'm against all racism & bigotry.

Or ya know…. It could've been a simple typo. :hmm:

I agree that it needs to be changed, but firing someone over what was more than likely just an accident seems rather extreme.

• @DBZfan:

i did a double take when i saw that, i was floored that they misspelled the word cook with that racist term, obviously whoever was in charge of doing the descriptions for the shows might possibly heave been a racist.

!

• It looks like a pretty simple typo in this case, to me, but you would need to contact your cable service provider about the mis-spelling. FUNimation doesn't have anything to do with how the show appears in your television on-screen guide– unless that term was in the original copy, which I very much doubt it was.

I'll be happy to double check if you can give me an episode number and make sure the typo isn't somehow with us-- but we're not the ones who enter that information into the guide.

Thanks!

• It Was Episode 258 - Showdown Between Cooks! Sanji vs. Ramen Kenpo

• All of our official copy I can find has it as "cook". You'll need to contact your cable provider about the TV guide information the have for the show.

Thanks for checking with us, though!

• That's okay, thank you for checking, probably what happened was someone didn't double check their spelling before finalizing the synopsis for the schedule at the cable company probably.