I think soul eater not! May be a hint toward a soul eater remake.

• Ok now I know by the title of my post you probably think im crazy but hear me out. I think the release of soul eater not could be a test to see if the show is still popular enough to have a remake for. Now soul eater was made a while ago but it did amazing in both Japan and America in fact its still on funimations best selling list. The manga ended about a year ago and I think when it did they wanted to make a remake of it. But they weren't sure if it was popular enough so they decided to make soul eater not to see if it was still popular. Now you probably think this makes no sense but think about it why would they do a anime for this side series in the first place? I mean attack on titan has a side series and code geass has like six but you dont see them making them into animes. Plus not only that but soul eater not compared to the original is kind of bad. Plus since it has Maka, Soul, and the rest of the old characters why would they make them come back to the show for only a few lines? I think they want to have them ready in case a remake does get announced. More evidence of this is soul eater not itself. Now soul eater not is the prequel to soul eater. But from what I have seen so far it only explains stuff in the manga and not the anime since it has a alternative ending. So why bother making it if it explains nothing from the main anime itself? Not only that but last year in Japan they reaired all the soul eater episodes with new opening and endings. We have no idea why they did this but my guess is another test to see if people still like it. So ya this is just my theory but even if this is false soul eater was popular enough to make soul eater not into a anime so it should definitely be able to get a remake.

• give it time. Attack on Titan is a license to print money, so i have no doubt the side stories will eventually be animated in some capacity. Wit is a small studio so they cant really work on a lot of stuff at once

• @Getchman:

give it time. Attack on Titan is a license to print money, so i have no doubt the side stories will eventually be animated in some capacity. Wit is a small studio so they cant really work on a lot of stuff at once

I kind of hope they dont do the side storys but if they do I bet it will be when they are recording season 2 because why get the cast out there for something thats probably not going to do that well?

• the cast doesn't have to go anywhere. everything, except Kyoto Animation, is is Tokyo

• I would love to believe that there could be a remake of Soul Eater in the works, but I think it's a bit too early to get hyped up.