Would you guys continue an anime series if…

• There was enough interest in another season and/or it was funded by the fans/lovers/community of the anime series?

Like if there are enough people who would like another season or season(s) of an anime then would you make another season? Or if the cost to make a new season was given to you or even 50% of the cost?

I know it costs alot per episode to make anime but I am just curious.

What is the estimated cost per episode, if you don't mind me asking? Lowest and highest amount?

Thanks a ton and I look forward to your answer.

Also, sorry if this is in the wrong section.

• Well first off Funimation doesn't actually make the anime, so even if it's a best seller they can't release what isn't made in Japan.

As for the crowd funding idea, never would really fly, you're looking at 100-300 thousand per episode for your standard release, but can go up to 1-3 million.

That said your interest does impact Funimation licensing an anime, if no one watched or purchased Fairy Tale the series would have dropped long ago, so keep watching/buying your favorite series to insure it keeps coming to the states.

(Lastly if can be sad when a series you love finished, but that's always a good time to find another series, or heck check out the manga since often times they continue the story).

• How many times do we have to say this?

FUNIMATION DOES NOT MAKE ANIME TITLES!!

THEY ONLY LICENSE THEM!!

• @ Stock & Zethus: THANK YOU! hugs

@12sky Seriously!?

• @ Soundmonkey44 Choking, not breathing
    @ St0ck "Fist bump"
    @ 12sky Get outta here

• @Zethus:

How many times do we have to say this?

FUNIMATION DOES NOT MAKE ANIME TITLES!!

THEY ONLY LICENSE THEM!!

At least once more.

• seriously, questions like these are always going to happen. your not just automatically going to know these things. you have to learn somehow, and asking questions is definitely a good way to learn stuff. so take a chill pill before Davidism starts punishing people or whatever it is he plans to do

• @Getchman:

seriously, questions like these are always going to happen. your not just automatically going to know these things. you have to learn somehow, and asking questions is definitely a good way to learn stuff.

uh NO, it is our JOB to be CONDESCENDING to NEW POSTERS about INFORMATION that they COULDN'T REALISTICALLY KNOW ALREADY

• Anime is made in Japan though, this is jarringly obvious, how people fail to realize a simple fact amazeses me.

There's some things that should be common sense.

I mean it's like asking if an apple is a veggie or a fruit.

Technology may be evolving, but humans are deffinantly devolving.

….good lord the Matrix was right!!

• @Soundmonkey44:

I mean it's like asking if an apple is a veggie or a fruit.

Somehow it doesn't seem appropriate for you to belittle the children that ask this daily

Unless you're implying that humans are born with the fact that apples are fruit

Unless you're implying that humans are born with the knowledge that Funimation is an American company that specializes in the localization of anime

Obviously it happens enough for you to think that maybe this isn't as stupid an assumption as you assume

Obviously you shouldn't assume that because you understand something, everybody else understands something

Certainly you aren't suggesting that you have always identified your first anime as a Japanese import by an American company

• True, but at least I knew it wasn't made in Texas. XD

When I was a littke kid I thought anime was made in China, I was corrected at the age of six.

It's true we aren't born knowing anything, but most toddlers could tell you an Apple is a fruit. A teen or adult not knowing where anime comes from is simmilar to not knowing an Apple is a fruit.

I understand people of any age not understanding complex concepts, but this isn't rocket science, it's anime.

And now in the digital age when we have so much info at our fingertips it's even more aggravating/depressing!

• so take a chill pill before Davidism starts punishing people or whatever it is he plans to do

Oh no… they're on to me.

@OP:
    FUNimation is a company that only puts the English voices to the anime, and distributes it. They don't make it.

please try reading through the forum before making a thread; as this question has been answered many times before.