Opinion! IS Evangelion 3.33 good or bad?

• This question makes a lot of EVA fans confused since 3.33 came out in 2012 but the response was mixed upon reviewers and fans. They'd kinda liked it or hated it. Is Evangelion 3.33 good or bad? It wasn't what we'd expected.

! There was a 14-year timeskip to provide a glimpse of post-third impact earth. Nerv split into two. WILLIE which is mostly a ragtag team of Nerv personnel led by Misato and the other side is where Gendo Ikari kinda rules the world with an iron fist. (I haven't seen the movie yet.) Shinji is hated mostly everyone (except for Kawaru for some odd reason) due to the belief he caused Third Impact 14 years ago. Rei Q (A new clone for another odd reason is told by Gendo Ikari to get Shinji to him to make him join SEELE which he rejects. because Rei Q is not "his" Rei. A battle between both sides near the end. Rei is shocked by the answers. Fourth Impact starts. Kawaru dies (he'll be back). Asuka is later seen dragging a sleeping Shinji in a red desert (probably a blood desert) with Rei Q following (because she had nowhere to go) which the fourth film.

In my opinion, even I haven't seen it yet, it is a good film. A film good enough to make people wait for another film, which is rumored to be in released in 2015. If it was review (or a preview), I would give it a 7.75. Not as goog as Evangelion 2.22 but it was way beyond what we expected to happen.

Was 3.33 good, okay, or not up your alley? Reply below

• 3.33 was okay, but I've only seen it once, so I can't really say it's "grown on me." I believe it will mostly serve as a transitionary film between 2.22 and 4.44, and suffers a bit due to the fact that, supposedly, 3.33 and 4.44 were originally written as a single movie, but are being split apart.

We really won't be able to judge until 4.44 is out and available, but I'm personally not planning to pick up the movie until the fourth is also released.

• Where's the poll option for "Don't know; Don't Care; Have No Opinion"?

Because those are basically my thoughts on the entire EVA franchise. :hmm:

• Don't just use (spoiler), use the correct spoiler tags.
    On one side put [‏spoiler] at the start of your comment, and [‏/spoiler] on the other side.
    This will make it look like this:

! this is a spoiler

• @St0ck:

Don't just use (spoiler), use the correct spoiler tags.
    On one side put [‏spoiler] at the start of your comment, and [‏/spoiler] on the other side.
    This will make it look like this:

! this is a spoiler

I heard it's getting released on August 25, 2014. I may be wrong but I hope I'm right.

• Since it hasn't been mentioned on any reputable news sites I'm going to claim bullshit until you post your sources.

• @St0ck:

Since it hasn't been mentioned on any reputable news sites I'm going to claim bullshit until you post your sources.

If they say it's officially cancelled and will never be released until the end of time, there would be a lot hate at FUNimation.

• "I haven't yet seen it at all, and have no opinion, but I appreciate you guys keeping things in spoilers.:

• Yeah it sucks it go delayed but at least they are sharpening up the voice acting. I have only seen the dub twice when it was doing the theatrical tour and it did feel a little off. Especially after watching the sub so much which has fantastic voice acting btw. But anyway, I love 3.33, I watch it constantly like I did when 2.22 came out. It gets a lot of hate but whatevs, I say 'more for me then'. It was a unique experience for me cause I went in spoiler free thinking it was gonna be like the preview in 2.22. Boy was I surprised!

! As soon as they showed the Wonder, I was like wtf?! Then when they did the 14 year reveal, I was like wtf? Then the outside world, WTF!?!

I was sitting forward the whole time, sometimes forgetting to breathe. When it hit credits, I sat there for a second dazed and confused, then all of a sudden broke out in laughter and was like 'that was awesome!, Anno, you bastard, you got me good!' But I realized what he was doing

! putting us in Shinji's shoes so we feel the same as he does and have the same reactions

as we journey through the film. I loved that. Most people had the opposite reaction. When the end hit they were like WTF? F that BS! lol But to each his own. I'm just glad I got another Eva movie I love which I can't say for most people. Can't wait for 4.0!!!!!

• Ok i was jus wondering is the august 25th release date still right bc ive been waiting along time to get my preordered copy of this movie?

• @evangelionunitx:

Ok i was jus wondering is the august 25th release date still right bc ive been waiting along time to get my preordered copy of this movie?

No. It's still unknown when 3.33 will be released unfortunately.

• I think I have a theory on why Evangelion 3.33 was delayed

Hideaki Anno decided to work closely with FUNimation with the dubbing as well as adding new scenes exclusive to the North American release.

• @Zethus:

I think I have a theory on why Evangelion 3.33 was delayed

Hideaki Anno decided to work closely with FUNimation with the dubbing as well as adding new scenes exclusive to the North American release.

That's just my theory. An ANIME Theory.

• We might see 3.33 later this year or earlier next year.

• would be nice if they would actually say something this year about it :U
    unless they have and I'm just oblivious