Well hello there :P

• i just got the evs service on this site because… i like anime :P im a philosophy major focus in existentialism (sartre and beauvoir iare my heros) and i love anime that makes us take a second look at things or question our idea of morality/ethics. I guess the best way to start out is to list my top anime series so i shall. this is only my top five and i think they are a good way to introduce myself.

1. Texhnolyze

From the creator of serial experiments lain but darker. the three fractions each have a point of view that are identifiable and interesting. this anime was amazing from start to finish and the ending made this beat lain.

2. Serial Experiments Lain

This is the first anime that really spoke to me. and to this day i still love it!

3. Moonphase

Ok the relationship between the two main characters makes this anime for me. i have shared this with my little brother and sisters and my ex. I love this anime even thought it isn't very deep.

4. Speed Grapher

This one.... just yes.... without spoilers its hard to say why i love this anime and so i wont.

5. X/1991

This one i havent watched in a long time but i remeber it being full of philosophical questions. from start to finish there are so many moments that make me think.

Aside from that... lets see.... The first anime i really got into was Tenchi Muyo and Dragon Ball Z. The biggest let down in anime was when the pretty sammy dvds were released. i didn't know they were a kids show and i bought them at 50 bucks a pop in high school. back then 100 bucks was a lot of money lol. i was excited to see a new anime featuring the characters from the tenchi series! then.... was left like... 0.0... so yea. anyway i like dubbed over sub. i read slow and pausing sucks plus the voice of Monica Rial just makes me happy, moonphase was the first time i heard her voice and every time i hear it i smile.

anyway I am always looking for new anime that explore different issues and such (western media doesn't do that to often and when they do its... just not as well done) so if you know any please let me know :)

• Welcome Metal_messiah3, hope you have fun. I haven't seen any of the anime you listed above but ill have to check them out, though I do own Speed Grapher I haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

• Welcome to the forums; hope that you post a lot around here.

For an anime that explore different issues, i would suggest Shingu: Secret of the Stellar War.

If you are interested, don't forget to check out the link in my sig about requesting the FUNimation Channel.

• Welcome to the forums. Enjoy posting with us.

• Thanks for the warm welcome. I haven't heard of that one jlaking I'll have took look into it, always looking for a good series.

• Hi and welcome metal_messiah3

I haven't heard of any of those you listed either but I'm sure I will be looking for them now; I'm always on the hunt for a good series myself. Hope you enjoy it here

• Welcome to the forums metal_messiah, great to have you aboard. Always nice to have someone else who enjoys Speed Grapher around.