Weekly Voice Actor/Seiyuu Poll: June 9th - 13th

• Wish I had gotten more input from the last poll I posted, but yes it is back. So who's up first? None other than Bryce Papenbrook of course.

Despite seeming very new to the biz, he's actually been voice acting as far back as playing a young Vash in Trigun. At the moment, I'd probably call him Mr. Adult Swim/Toonami for all of the lead roles he's had in shows that have appeared there. Roles such as Eren Jaeger in Attack on Titan, Rin Okumura in Blue Exorcist, Masaomi Kida in Durarara!!, and of course Kirito / Kazuto Kirigaya in Sword Art Online.

Anyhow, as usual here are some links to more info on him so y'all can make an informed vote and who knows, discover something he was in that you didn't realize before.

Official Site
    Wikipedia
    Anime News Network
    Behind The Voice Actors

So there it is all laid out for you. So cast your votes, leave your comments, and feel free to discuss favorite and least favorite roles.

P.S.
    Also if you have any suggestions for who to poll next feel free to drop me a private message.

• pinned

!

• Eh, honestly I'm not too big a fan of Bryce. He can be a really good actor when he wants to be, but oftentimes he's terrible at over-acting and comes across really hokey. His role as Masaomi annoyed the hell outta me for the first two-thirds of DRRR, yet once his character went into "srs mode" he sounded much better. Also, I'm kinda sick of him at this point. He seems to be Bang/Zoom's answer to Todd Haberkorn (which is ironic, considering Todd now works for them as well).

All-in-all, I find him just okay, but I don't think he's nearly good enough to deserve all this recent attention.

! But at least he's better than that God-awful Darrel Guilbeau. >.<

• I liked his dad.

• Sorry for the delayed response Lucky, but here I am finally getting to the poll. :P

Honestly, I haven't heard enough of Bryce to really judge him one way or the other. He did all right in Buso Renkin but was hardly a standout performance, even in a fairly major role; so far in Titan he's been doing pretty good IMO, but it's still too hard to judge; where he really shines for me though is in Tenkai Knights, but again, he's probably my least favorite in that show. So…it's just really hard to call.

In the end, I think I'll give him a 'He's Pretty Good' because I don't think I've heard a BAD performance from him, but he has yet to super impress me.

• He's okay. I haven't heard a role of his that I really dislike but there hasn't been anything that really stands out to me either.

• I like him until he put up one of his over dramatized speeches or thoughts to him self then he pauses for effect alot and reminds me of Captian Kirk, now each time he does it I get William Shatner in my mind saying the same lines. other than that I think he is good.

• Not much of a turnout for this one, perhaps the next poll will fair better, and hopefully the VA in question too. Mr. Papenbrook may be getting his share of lead roles currently, but apparently the people think that he could be better. Or that someone else would be better in the roles he's had.

As for next week's poll I'll just say that will be some one that has appeared in some of the same anime as Bryce. ;)

• @LuckySeven:

Mr. Papenbrook may be getting his share of lead roles currently, but apparently the people think that he could be better. Or that someone else would be better in the roles he's had.

Absolutely.

Though I believe that your post is missing "more than" after "getting" :)