Funimation Exclusive Collector's Edition

• I received this in the mail today and just wanted to let everyone know that if you purchase this version you will receive the same packaging as the regular limited edition version.

The 4 emblems, sword and key are NOT integrated into the packaging in any way, they come wrapped in plastic inside a white envelope.

I was kind of disappointed about this but I probably would have ordered it anyway (especially since it basically comes with a free t-shirt) but I figured I would put a PSA out there for anyone thinking about buying it.

• I honestly thought that was obvious based on the pictures provided on this website, their facebook page and the "hey nice package" segment on their youtube channel

• Thanks for this. I was curious if the CE got a box since I'm not too fond of the digibook packaging, but since it doesn't I'm glad I went with the cheaper LE in this case. I've got the only pin I wanted (Survey Corps) on order from Animate, so the trinkets weren't enough incentive to upgrade.

@Getchman:

their facebook page and the "hey nice package" segment on their youtube channel

I don't pay attention to their YT, so I haven't seen that video. The pictures did make it look like one wouldn't be included, but it's nice to have it confirmed.

• I liked the collectors edition stuff, but im also in love with any extra anime bling so meh…

Im just hoping that the LE and or collectors edition of part two comes with OST cds because i think the soundtrack is really awesome. Probably too late now because im sure if they haven't licensed the ost for it by now there is no way they could and meet the i would assume/hope aug. or sept. release date for part two but i think i will throw a request up on the suggestion board for the hell of it anyway, nothing ventured and all that.

on an closing note im glad they included the eye-catch translations in the extras because i was about to have a minor nerd tantrum from all those untranslated eye-catches, it was becoming my one sour spot over the show... other than the nightmares that have been cropping ever since i just saw the trailer. Haven't had those about a show or movie in probably a decade, i feel like a kid again :)

• How is the limited edition packaging? I heard many complaints over it not being able to close good leaving the inside easy to get dust in and stuff. I noticed the standard Blu-ray has a slip cover though but it's not in digibook form.

• @Justin2014:

How is the limited edition packaging? I heard many complaints over it not being able to close good leaving the inside easy to get dust in and stuff. I noticed the standard Blu-ray has a slip cover though but it's not in digibook form.

I don't like it that much personally. I would have much preferred their usual boxes and have the booklet separate. It's not necessarily bad, I just don't care for it. Here's a video of what it looks like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cettsR0-4HM

I also feel like I should mention that there have been reports of scratched discs with the LE. My BDs were fine but DVD 1 in my set is scratched.

• I'll say this the LE case looks cool and seems like a unique design which I'm sure they were trying to make something special for such a big release but the functionality does seem a little flawed with the discs being proned to scratching with the way they are layed out. Hopefully that is only primarily the case when involved in the bump and grind of mass shipping and not during general usage.

• Yeah that's what I have heard too a lot about the discs getting scratched but while I wish the boxes where big to support the booklet in there with it like the Dragon Boxes Funi released and love the idea of a book in big releases I can live with getting the standard Blu-ray that closes and has a slip cover to really protect from dust and I can just read the information in the book on the wiki and I don't care for the chi-bi comics.

• I got my Collector's Edition on July 28, 2014. It arrived in excellent condition. I have posted a video of what comes in the Collector's Edition. I also plan on getting a shadow box to put the four pins, key, and sword necklaces in.
    http://youtu.be/74a9lfWYvXw
    Comments are appreciated on both this forum and on Youtube