Blood Lad

• I was in our local book store looking at manga and I saw this series that peaked my curiosity. The art style reminded me of the Gorillaz. So after seeing it there for a couple of weeks I decided to read it a little in the store and thought it was really good. Anyway after I read a little I ordered the second one as that was the one they didn't have there and love it. I'm about to start 3 and 4 and have 5 pre-ordered. Can't wait for the anime to get dubbed. Has anyone else tried Blood Lad?
    attachment_t_4370_0_blood-lad.jpg

• Yeah, I've read the first 4 volumes and have the 5th on PO. The anime was okay, but far too short. I like the series more when it sticks to comedy, but it really started to hit its stride around the end of the 3 volume, and now that Braz's plan is playing out things are getting even better.

I like most of the characters, especially Staz, Liz, and Bell. Fuyumi, sadly, doesn't feel very significant. She's just there.

• @Firefly:

Yeah, I've read the first 4 volumes and have the 5th on PO. The anime was okay, but far too short. I like the series more when it sticks to comedy, but it really started to hit its stride around the end of the 3 volume, and now that Braz's plan is playing out things are getting even better.

I like most of the characters, especially Staz, Liz, and Bell. Fuyumi, sadly, doesn't feel very significant. She's just there.

I like them too as well as Saty. Fuyumi is defiantly more of a support character but she is still a good character. Have you read any of Blood Brat? I'm interested to see how the short stories are.