Roberta's Blood Trail

• So, only two episodes into this arc, and it's just as good as I would have suspected.

Most of all, I'm so glad that Funi went out to Ocean Studios and maintained cast continuity from the first two seasons. I really couldn't imagine this show with any other cast, even with Funi's great stable of actors. Dutch initially sounded a bit off from what I remember, but sure enough, it's still Dean Redman. Other than that small hiccup, everyone seems to have stepped back into their roles gracefully, despite the lengthy absence.

And does anyone still deny that Rock and Revy are an item?

• I couldn't watch this one. This was everything that I didn't like about Black Lagoon rolled up into one low-video-quality package (BD says 1080 but this was obviously a Japanese upscale).

I liked the more realistic, serious stuff in Black Lagoon, not the antics of a steroid-pumping maid and her antique musket or a little girl moe maid using submachine guns that are as large as she is; besides, AKB0048 did that better.

The Roberta arc was the worst part of Black Lagoon IMO. That they made a movie about it just goes to show that Japan is out to spite me ;)

• I thought this was every bit as good as the regular series has been. It really kept me on the edge of my seat to see how things panned out after they finally found her. It was even crazier to think that Rock had so much to do with the progression of the story this time too!

• @EyeOfPain:

And does anyone still deny that Rock and Revy are an item?

Yeah….! Keep watching.

I watched the OVA because I was totally into the first season, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the first season. I'm not saying that it was bad, but, maybe, not as good IMO! I hate it when writers jump onto the soap opera band wagon.

• @Osmostrix:

I thought this was every bit as good as the regular series has been. It really kept me on the edge of my seat to see how things panned out after they finally found her. It was even crazier to think that Rock had so much to do with the progression of the story this time too!

As the story progresses, I see Rock turning into more and more of a plotting villain. I don't know if Hiroe is going to continue down that path or turn it around, but that is one of the threads that has kept me interested after the excitement from the violence has died down.

• I enjoyed this too. You see Rock going through a kind of Walter White/Heisenburg type transformation. I'm am curious though, at the very end of the arc, Rock states that ultimately his game didn't change anything in Roanpur. Was that a general comment about how the city is incapable of being changed, or that Chang masterfully manipulated him into doing everything he wanted?

• @megrim27:

I enjoyed this too. You see Rock going through a kind of Walter White/Heisenburg type transformation. I'm am curious though, at the very end of the arc, Rock states that ultimately his game didn't change anything in Roanpur. Was that a general comment about how the city is incapable of being changed, or that Chang masterfully manipulated him into doing everything he wanted?

I think if anything, it was stating the obvious. That even though all hell breaks loose, and psychotic maids going on the offensive, that nothing's going to really change period. Everyone will just go back to what they were doing before. In that regard the city is almost like a living breathing entity. At least, that's my take on it.

• I wasn't sure. There's one scene with a conversation between Chang and his aide, where the aide admire's his manipulative abilities and that he was recruited by Dai Lo (?). The leader the American's were going after was different, Shing Li (?). In another scene, the Sister tells Rock that not all gods get along, so I was wondering if it was all about a Triad leader making a move against another one.