**Do NOT Request Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero Season 2**

• For all Rogue Hero fans who are either wishing FUNimation would make a second season of the show, wanting FUNi to influence the Japanese to make another season, or are wanting people to sign a petition to get a new season made, please read the following:

1. FUNimation does not make anime. They only license what's available from Japan. If it doesn't exist in Japan, then FUNimation cannot localize it.

2. Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero didn't do so well in Japan. Due to poor sales, there are no plans at this time for a second season. That's not to say it's entirely impossible, but the way things are going it is incredibly unlikely.

3. Petitions for the creation of a new season will not work. They do absolutely nothing here in the States, and they won't do anything in Japan. It doesn't matter if you get 10,000 signatures or not; the Japanese are first and foremost interested in selling to Japan, not North America. They make significantly more money from Japanese DVD/BD sales than from North American sales. If Japan doesn't have any plans for a second season, then a simple petition isn't going to change their minds.

I'm sorry if this news bursts anyone's bubble, but in all likelihood, it just isn't ever going to happen. :hmm:

• Funimation just needs to change their slogan to "STOP ASKING US FOR MORE SEASONS OF AN ANIME, WE'RE IN TEXAS NOT JAPAN!! XD"

• What about starting a Kickstarter? If you listen to the fans you it'll be worth it in the long run! I think it would be a good idea to make a season 2 because a ton of people are interested and it'll make a ton of money! I heard from a friend season 2 is coming out when is season 2 coming out?

• dawg u playin ;P

• dude i just asked a question not for a link to why funimation doesn't make anime. simple yes or no with out the drama would have worked

• My apologies. It's just that we've been seeing this question a LOT recently, so I may have misinterpreted your post. :hmm:

• @SpacemanHardy:

My apologies. It's just that we've been seeing this question a LOT recently, so I may have misinterpreted your post. :hmm:

whats at least this time you was nicer going about :). and hows it going been some time since we butted heads

• It would seem to me that there could be at least a little pocket change that could be netted for Funimation or anyone else for that matter, if they were willing to buy the rights to some of the anime that is popular in the states but not in Japan and simply make the sequels already in english. Then they wouldn't even have to do the dubs. I've noticed a shit ton of these shows are popular here and not over in Japan. Someone could net some serious cash doing that.

• ^ That wouldn't work because:

A. FUNimation isn't an animation studio. They don't have the resources nor the means to "make" the anime themselves. They would have to pay an outside production source to create the series, which costs a LOT of money. The kind of money FUNimation simply does not have.

B. Unless the anime in question is DBZ, Pokemon, or Studio Ghibli, anime doesn't make, nor has it ever really made, a "shit-ton" of cash. It is an extremely niche market even in Japan, and is even more-so here in the States. What seems to constitute as a "hit" for FUNimation over here in America really only needs to sell around 10,000 units which in the long run isn't very much.

Buying the rights to a show like Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero, paying an outside animation studio to create it, then covering all the production, dubbing, distribution, and advertising costs would be a terrible waste of money over a show that probably will only move a couple thousand units.

So no. That idea of yours, while certainly novel, definitely won't work.

• You make some good points about it, but I still think that there could be a way to make it viable. I just have nowhere near the business experience to come up with the arguments or methods to justify it. Again, I don't think it would have to be Funimation that does it.

• Season 2 does exist under HAGURE YUUSHA NO ESTETICA Episodes 1-12 and Hagure Yuusha no Estetica: Hajirai Ippai Episode 1-6 so far. These are not available with Crunchroll either Funimation.

• @shygoofy:

Hagure Yuusha no Estetica: Hajirai Ippai Episode 1-6 so far. These are not available with Crunchroll either Funimation.

they are short 4 min extras included with the Japanese release of the show

• I think you guys should get a loan and try and get your own studio going. With all the shows you've dubbed you got to have great experience I'm sure. I bet you'd make some seriously awesome anime. Who knows.. maybe if you did well enough you could take anime over. Than you can stick it to the guys in Japan when they're second best. That'll show em.

• @animecritic69:

I think you guys should get a loan and try and get your own studio going. With all the shows you've dubbed you got to have great experience I'm sure. I bet you'd make some seriously awesome anime. Who knows.. maybe if you did well enough you could take anime over. Than you can stick it to the guys in Japan when they're second best. That'll show em.

It is nowhere near that simple. Animation production costs a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of money, and if FUNimation wanted to make any of that cash back, they would have to produce the kind of stuff that would sell well here in America. I.E, Stuff like your Spongebobs and your Adventure Times and your My Little Ponys, shows that appeal to a large North American audience and get played on US television. Other than a few megahits like DBZ and Pokemon, anime just doesn't pull in that kind of capital. ESPECIALLY uber-niche shows like Aesthetica which are tailor-made for a very specific audience and which aren't expected to sell more than a few thousand units total.

So no. That idea isn't really feasible, I'm afraid.

• Thts low wb here in America theres alot of people who love this show I know I do

• Dude…. Chill out these people are just wanting their show back, stop bursting bubbles with some pretty extreme logic. Animation isn't expensive when it comes to just doing it. Takes time without a hundred employees to speed it up but take it from an animator it requires some software programs and some artistic talent. The worst part is trying to find a station to air it/sponsors, which funimation has their own place to air obviously since we're using that place for this exact discussion. I see where youre coming from, in the grand scheme of things it's unlikely and will cost money that I'm sure they don't want to risk. But no reason to storm peoples hopes into the ground, I've seen kickstarters do A LOT more than get some animes going.

• extreme or not, it is correct.

• AGREED soundmonkey44!!!!!

• If what u say is true then y not make ur own version of the show and sell it change almost everything or do what ever from what I can tell u have a lot of people hassling u about it so give it a try or u could also ask for vying rights to make it here idk much about the business world or how things work just that I would say that good luck

• @mlesley23:

If what u say is true then y not make ur own version of the show

Because FUNimation doesn't have an animation studio. :hmm:

• They aren't trying to "shatter anyone's dreams", they're just giving you the facts. No one would like to see more of this anime than I would, but the reality is it's probably not going to happen.

Funimation is not an animation studio, that's one of the reasons for their success; low operating costs…

Anime is really hit or miss, even in Japan, and even when the show turns out to be a hit, the profits are not generally enormous. That's the reason there are so many short 12-13 episode single season anime around. True, production costs for animation are not terribly high, but that's relative. Compared to other forms of media the costs are fairly low, but the dollar amounts are still high enough to make it unfeasible to create as a passion project.

For Funimation to create a 12 episode season, they would be looking at somewhere in the neighborhood of 2.5 million dollars, that is NOT including the cost of purchasing the rights to the property, nor does it include any other associated costs, that's the cost to simple create the show...

They would need to sell all sorts of units to turn a profit. The show would need to do A LOT better than it did in it's original marketplace(Japan), considering it would not be televised and Funimation would need to rely solely on DVD and internet video sales. Knowing this, does it seem likely that Funimation would take a gamble of that magnitude with a fairly obscure franchise?

A more reasonable request for Aesthetica would be to see about getting some proper English translations for the light novels...