Why is hulu being used for some of the videos?

• I am a elite subscriber and yet I still have to watch commercials on hulu. Why is hulu being used?

• You do not currently appear to be a subscriber in the system, which is probably why you are seeing commercials.

If you are seeing any charges on your bank statement for May, please submit a ticket through our ticketing system with the reason code "Subscription Billing."

If you are not seeing charges, your subscription has probably lapsed– if this is the case, you will need to resubscribe. If you experience any trouble with this, please let me know and I'll be happy to assist you!

• Oh wow, is it really more profitable to push all the free users to Hulu's servers and give them the ad revenue than to take the revenue yourself and purchase your own servers?

• It's pretty obvious they would have an agreement with Hulu, these choices are made with customer experience, revenue, contractual obligations, and more in mind.

• @Dorsch:

Oh wow, is it really more profitable to push all the free users to Hulu's servers and give them the ad revenue than to take the revenue yourself and purchase your own servers?

It actually is more profitable to put their videos on Hulu. Even though they take a percentage they can sell their ads at much higher rates than anyone else, they usually show more ads too so that is one reason to use Hulu. It's also going to reach a much larger audience on there than on Funimation's site.