Chibi Theatre Shorts: Fly, Cadets, Fly!

• These are so cute and funny. I've gotten a little tired of the swirl-eyed chibi designs that are so commonly used for this series, but seeing them animated just made them so much cuter.

Day 3 was especially funny with Jean's crush on Mikasa and Keith saying, "I'm sorry but I can't think of anything abusive to say to you." Poor Eren.

But why weren't these dubbed? I'm a little disappointed by this.

• Adam and Lance will be in this week's ANNCast, so maybe they might be able to answer that question if you send in a question to Zac's twitter or ANN email

• I don't have Twitter, but I'll think about sending Zac an email. I somehow doubt they'll have a real answer though….

EDIT: Okay, I sent Zac an email with my question.

And I popped the DVDs into my laptop just now and I'm not seeing the shorts on the DVDs.... Unless I'm just blind.

• Wow, Funi didn't dub the extras on a "flagship title" like Titan? I'm shocked.

• @Firefly:

I don't have Twitter, but I'll think about sending Zac an email. I somehow doubt they'll have a real answer though….

EDIT: Okay, I sent Zac an email with my question.

And I popped the DVDs into my laptop just now and I'm not seeing the shorts on the DVDs.... Unless I'm just blind.

No, you're not the only one! I can't find it anywhere on the DVDs!! I am going to be so mad if it is only on the BluRay, since I have absolutely NO access to a BluRay player >:c

• Actually im not entirely surprised, after this one and the ones on guilty crown those chibi shorts are a VERY Japanese goofy humor aesthetic not just with the art of course but with the vocalizations of sound effects by the characters and all. I'm not going to say its impossible but i think it would be VERY difficult to create a proper english dub version of them and keep the spirit and essence of that humor.

Not to say that i wouldn't mind seeing them make an attempt (especially since im a dub man) i think it could be done just would be really hard. They probably realized this too and decided that the cost of attempting versus's the likely hood of "prat-falling" was cost prohibitive for an extra.

• It's just that this isn't an isolated case. There are lots of extras lately that have not been dubbed. As expected, their answer on ANNCast was "don't know." Oh well, too late for them to change anything, and sub-only is much better than not having them at all.

• So I was just wondering… Has anyone confirmed or denied whether the special features that seem to be missing like the making of and chibi theatre are only on the blu ray? I've checked both DVDs and cannot find those, the trailers, eye catch gallery, textless songs, commentary episodes are there, but the other stuff isn't.

• I loved the Chibi Theatre! They were so funny!

• anyone care to explain how they got out of the colossal titan that kept eating them at the end of the episode? xD

• they are short, goofy, lighthearted, bizarre extras meant for fun and not to be taken seriously or follow any sort of logic. who cares would be my answer

• @jbmh0818:

So I was just wondering… Has anyone confirmed or denied whether the special features that seem to be missing like the making of and chibi theatre are only on the blu ray? I've checked both DVDs and cannot find those, the trailers, eye catch gallery, textless songs, commentary episodes are there, but the other stuff isn't.

yeah, they are only on the blu-ray. I don't know why =/ I borrowed the dvd/blu-ray set ep 1-13 from the library and just noticed it too