Will Funimation ever get any Gundam series?

• hi i like to now if gundam well come to funimation any time in the Future?

• It's possible, but reports are saying that Sunrise, the animation producers behind Gundam, are shopping around the franchise as a whole, and won't separate out individual series. So if Funi gets any Gundam, they'll get the whole kit and kaboodle.

• Sometimes I wouldn't even be surprised if Sunrise were to open its own Gundam-only anime branch - there ARE a ton of Gundam titles that have come out since it's inception.

• Rightstuff recently picked up some Gundam Titles. But no word on Funimation doing so ATM. If you want to see Funi pick up some Gundam, the best bet would be to purchase simmilar titles they already have ( like the Eva movies) and theres a thread in the anime section of the forums that you can go to & reccomend titles you would like to see Funimation pick up.

• Weren't there some Gundam titles on that list somebody put up of titles Funi was looking to get from Bandai?It was in a thread back on the old site.

• @Forlorn:

Weren't there some Gundam titles on that list somebody put up of titles Funi was looking to get from Bandai?It was in a thread back on the old site.

I beleive there was at some point on one of theri little surveys. But it doesn't mean they will. It'd be awsome though.

• I would love it if SOMEONE would speak up and buy up Gundam AND Hayate the Combat Butler and release them again. I'm loving the hell out of Hayate on Crunchyroll and wish someone right buy it up and release it right… I hated the way Bandai released it. I mean, don't get me wrong... they did it well, but the pricing and the way they issued it was just shameful. Would also like Sacred Seven to be picked up and finished. I loved that series. Unfortunately, Bandai folded before they could finish it. Hell I just wish ALL of Bandai's stuff would just be re-licensed by Funi or Sentai and re-issued. I especially want Eureka Seven back and fixed! The last few episodes were an absolute mess. And what about fixing Gundam Seed Destiny, huh?

• ^ Sacred Seven did recently get picked up…. by Sentai Filmworks.

And what do you mean about "fixing" Eureka Seven and Gundam Seed Destiny, exactly?

• Not sure I could support a Gundam release. Every Gundam series that I've ever seen has come on strong but didn't last long; by the halfway point or thereabouts the interesting plot and characters that the series started with have fallen to pieces.

Maybe if they were on Blu-ray, or had some other bonus to put them above the Bandai releases, but otherwise I don't think that I could vote "yes" on any Funi survey.

• Well I already most of the Gundam titles that were released in the US except for Wing, G, SEED (going to buy remaster when I get a job), and 08th MS team. I doubt Funi would get the classics like Victory, ZZ, Turn A,etc…. too old to profit from a dub so it would be a waste.

Sunrise already made a remake of Seed/Seed Destiny with English subbed releases. I'm guessing they will eventually re-release all the past series with English subs as well. Gundam Build Fighters and AGE have english subs.

If we do get Gundam it will be from Rightstuf just DVD releases though to prevent reverse importation.

• @sidereal_presence:

Not sure I could support a Gundam release. Every Gundam series that I've ever seen has come on strong but didn't last long; by the halfway point or thereabouts the interesting plot and characters that the series started with have fallen to pieces.

Wing, Seed and/or 00? Everything I've heard from more "serious" Gundam fans is that those are just not very good. The UC series seems to be where the franchise really shines, but most of the core canon was animated in the '80s or early '90s, and therefore too old to garner interest from a new generation of fans.

• @EyeOfPain:

Wing, Seed and/or 00? Everything I've heard from more "serious" Gundam fans is that those are just not very good. The UC series seems to be where the franchise really shines, but most of the core canon was animated in the '80s or early '90s, and therefore too old to garner interest from a new generation of fans.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head there. I also saw 08MS Team, as I was told that it was the "gritty, realistic Gundam"…it wasn't lol.

I've thought about trying Gundam Unicorn (sigh...that name) but that's all I've done-thought about it-due to the high cost of getting the series to check it out. :(

• I'd personally love for them to be the new Gundam go to guys, though I have pretty much everything Bandai put out already. I've liked most of them. Aside from Unicorn, which is an awesome OVA, the franchise has failed to entertain me recently with the last couple TV installments. The last good one was Gundam 00.

• @Kruszer:

I'd personally love for them to be the new Gundam go to guys, though I have pretty much everything Bandai put out already. I've liked most of them. Aside from Unicorn, which is an awesome OVA, the franchise has failed to entertain me recently with the last couple TV installments. The last good one was Gundam 00.

Maybe season one of Gundam 00, but I'm of the opinion that season 2 more than negated any goodness of Season one. The best character in the show died without actually getting to really do anything, the plot went out the window and the show became only a step away from full-blown yaoi.

That episode of Haganai where Rika (Alexis Tipton) discusses the fictional battling of giant robots as if it were a rather explicit yaoi pairing of the 2 "male" characters in Haganai was funnier than it should have been for me as it almost could have been mocking Gundam 00.

• There's been talk of an animated version of Gundam The Origin (retelling of the original story of 0079) but chances are like Build Fighters and AGE it will only get a subbed stream on Daisuki/GundamInfo and then subbed Blu-rays with no dub at all, unless by the time they actually get to making it (which will probably end up being 2015) someone actually levels with Sunrise on releasing Gundam here on home video.

• Yeah, I'd watch that, or at least give it a shot. There's still the final (double length) episode of Gundam Unicorn to look forward to as well.

• I'd heard that Eureka Seven AND Seed Destiny BOTH had disc read issues (surprise, surprise) towards the end of the series, making them both virtually unwatchable. That's what I meant by them needing to be "fixed".

• @Soundmonkey44:

Rightstuff recently picked up some Gundam Titles. But no word on Funimation doing so ATM. If you want to see Funi pick up some Gundam, the best bet would be to purchase simmilar titles they already have ( like the Eva movies) and theres a thread in the anime section of the forums that you can go to & reccomend titles you would like to see Funimation pick up.

Any idea which ones they were? Right Stuf buying Gundam… Well, I knew SOMEONE recently finished releasing Unicorn (That might've been them.) I'd really like to see Turn A Gundam. Curse you Bandai for leaving us so soon after acquiring it... I'd love to have all of the movies back... I never did get to see 0079 even with the Complete Collections out. I was hoping it would be restored to have ALL of the episodes but if only 2 of the 52 were removed, I guess I can live... My Gundam knowledge is pretty limited, I'm afraid. I've seen the 0079 MOVIES, Seed, some of Wing, Most of MS Team 08, and some of 00. I have tried to sit through Destiny but I never finished it. Discs were twitchy so it wasn't just me.

• @sidereal_presence:

Maybe season one of Gundam 00, but I'm of the opinion that season 2 more than negated any goodness of Season one. The best character in the show died without actually getting to really do anything, the plot went out the window and the show became only a step away from full-blown yaoi.

That episode of Haganai where Rika (Alexis Tipton) discusses the fictional battling of giant robots as if it were a rather explicit yaoi pairing of the 2 "male" characters in Haganai was funnier than it should have been for me as it almost could have been mocking Gundam 00.

I knew there was a reason I was hesitant about 00… I actually was starting to wonder if I should continue it... now I know I definitely shouldn't. ~_~ I actually like Haganai but I haven't gotten to that episode yet... at least I don't think I have.

• @sidereal_presence:

Pretty much hit the nail on the head there. I also saw 08MS Team, as I was told that it was the "gritty, realistic Gundam"…it wasn't lol.

I've thought about trying Gundam Unicorn (sigh...that name) but that's all I've done-thought about it-due to the high cost of getting the series to check it out. :(

If 'Unicorn' bothers you, just call it UC. Everyone will know what you mean. At least, they SHOULD.

• @reionpremente: There is no need to post multiple posts one after the other in the same topic. Please use the Edit button instead.