Blood +?

• Anyone know who owns the rights to Blood +? I see sony pictures on the wiki page but doesn't Sony own aniplex USA? I'm trying to find out so I can strongarm them into making another release. I can't seem to get the entire series without paying over $200. Letting this show become so hard to obtain and be forgotten is a crime especially since blood c was made so recently. Also, is there any way studios can buy titles off of other studios? Can Funi buy a title from aniplex usa?

• Unfortunately, Sony Pictures has pretty much let Blood+ go out of print. What adds insult to injury is that they never released the final single volume, so you can't even buy the last few episodes of season 1 without getting the full season set.

If it makes you feel any better, you can watch the entire series, dubbed, for free on Crackle. But as far as owning a physical copy… It's either pony up the dough, or let it slip. :hmm:

• Thanks for the info. I've seen it on crackle and Netflix but Netflix does have a habit of dropping anime at random because it doesn't want to renew the licensing.

• Considering Crackle is actually run by Sony, the show is more likely to stay on it instead of Netflix.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Considering Crackle is actually run by Sony, the show is more likely to stay on it instead of Netflix.

The full TV anime (and that live action movie, unfortunately) are available to stream on Netflix at the moment. I don't think it gets cycled out as much as some other titles.

• @EyeOfPain:

The full TV anime (and that live action movie, unfortunately) are available to stream on Netflix at the moment. I don't think it gets cycled out as much as some other titles.

True, but Crackle have Blood+ in eng dub and Netflix have blood + only in Japanese sub.

• @Zzdog30:

Netflix have blood + only in Japanese sub.

I watched it dubbed on Netflix in March no problems, unless something has changed recently.

• @Firefly:

I watched it dubbed on Netflix in March no problems, unless something has changed recently.

I just checked, and it is only the Japanese audio. Don't think I've seen just a language track cycled out before.

• Really? I'm getting English. Netflix says Japanese, but it's English with closed captioning.