Guilty Gear series discussion

• With Aksys getting the western rights for Arc System Works's Guilty Gear Xrd and releasing it in fall of this year, why not we discuss about the series.

• Best 2d fighter out there. Not a fan of the Accent Core changes though.

Definitely needs an HD remaster as its "sequel", BlazBlue, is no where near as good.

• I am not a huge fighting game lover, but I have played a frankly obscene amount of Guilty Gear. I'd eat an HD remaster of this game up.

• @CJ:

I am not a huge fighting game lover, but I have played a frankly obscene amount of Guilty Gear. I'd eat an HD remaster of this game up.

Same with me. I definitely would love to have a remastered version of all the classic Guilty Gear games (Guilty Gear, Guilty Gear X (Plus edition), Guilty Gear XX (Accent Core Plus R edition) and Guilty Gear Isuka). With Xrd on the way, I'm hoping that Aksys finally gives it an English dub cast. Here's my possible dub casts for the series (one from California, and another from FUNimation/Okratron 5000)

Guilty Gear (California)

• Sol Badguy and Order-Sol - Troy Baker (reprise)
    • Ky Kiske, Robo-Ky, Sin Kiske and That Man - Yuri Lowenthal (if Union) or Josh Grelle
    • May - Sandy Fox or Cherami Leigh
    • Millia Rage - Cindy Robinson
    • Zato-1/Eddie and Izuna - Keith Silverstein
    • Potemkin and Raven - Jamieson Price
    • Chipp Zanuff - Vic Mignogna
    • Faust/Dr. Balhead - Steve Blum (if Union) or D.C. Douglas
    • Axl Low - Kyle Hebert
    • Baiken - Tara Platt
    • Testament - Liam O'Brien
    • Kliff Undersn - Steve Kramer
    • Justice - Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (if Union) or Tara Platt
    • Anji Mito - Sam Regal
    • Venom - Crispin Freeman (if Union) or J. Michael Tatum (since he did Tales of Xillia 2, which is his first California-based work)
    • Johnny and Crow Kuwubara - Patrick Seitz
    • Jam Kuradoberi - Michelle Ruff
    • Dizzy - Stephanie Sheh
    • Bridget - Colleen O'Shaughnessy
    • Slayer and Dr. Paradigm - Michael McConnohie
    • Zappa - Johnny Yong Bosch
    • I-No, Ramletherl Valentine and Valentine - Wendee Lee
    • Bedman - Todd Haberkorn
    • A.B.A. - Kari Wahlgren (if union) or Lauren Landa

Guilty Gear (FUNimation/Okratron 5000)

• Sol Badguy and Order-Sol - Troy Baker (reprise)
    • Ky Kiske, Robo-Ky, Sin Kiske and That Man - Josh Grelle
    • May - Cherami Leigh
    • Millia Rage - Carli Mosier
    • Zato-1/Eddie - Robert McCollum
    • Potemkin - Christopher Sabat
    • Chipp Zanuff - Jerry Jewell or Jason Liebrecht
    • Faust/Dr. Balhead - Jason Douglas
    • Axl Low - Scott Freeman
    • Baiken - Colleen Clinkenbeard
    • Testament - Bruce Carey
    • Kliff Undersn - R. Bruce Elliot
    • Justice - Stephanie Young
    • Anji Mito - Joel McDonald
    • Venom and Raven - J. Michael Tatum
    • Johnny and Cow Kuwubara - Patrick Seitz
    • Jam Kuradoberi - Alison Viktorin
    • Dizzy - Alexis Tipton
    • Bridget - Lara Woodhull
    • Slayer and Dr. Paradigm - Kent Williams
    • Zappa - Micah Solusod
    • I-No - Luci Christian
    • Izuna - Eric Vale
    • Bedman - Todd Haberkorn or Austin Tindle
    • Ramletherl Valentine and Valentine - Brina Palencia
    • A.B.A. - Brittney Karbowski

• Given Faust's craziness I don't really see the actors that you've listed for the roles as I think of them as playing more "serious" roles. I guess Jason Douglas was kinda close in Borderlands 2 but the psycho was darker than I think of Faust as.

Kari Wahlgren can do non-union stuff, she just won't autograph it lol. I didn't get an "I wasn't in that" when I wasn't told that she used an alias in a show, I got an "I can't sign that" :)

I'm not sure that I'd really want this game to be dubbed. I've been underwhelmed with the CA dubs of fighting games that I've played. While the games dubbed by Okratron have been worth playing just on the merits of the dub (Borderlands and, especially, Deus Ex: Invisible War-Sabat, Douglas & Grant are great) I haven't played a fighter dubbed by them. I'd settle for the Japanese voices being reverted to the X2 cast.

Guilty Gear has a nice balance between "hardcore fighter player appeal" and "noob/button masher" appeal (unlike, say, Street Fighter), a nice variety of characters, some fun button combos for moves (SF4's move execution was kinda boring IMO) and a fun soundtrack. I've never found another fighter that appealed as much to me. BlazBlue just lacks something.

• @sidereal_presence:

Given Faust's craziness I don't really see the actors that you've listed for the roles as I think of them as playing more "serious" roles. I guess Jason Douglas was kinda close in Borderlands 2 but the psycho was darker than I think of Faust as.

Give me some suggestions for VAs then.

@sidereal_presence:

Kari Wahlgren can do non-union stuff, she just won't autograph it lol. I didn't get an "I wasn't in that" when I wasn't told that she used an alias in a show, I got an "I can't sign that" :)

Kari stopped using aliases for years in dubs, so it's very unlikely that she'll get into a non-union production with a surname credited in place of her real name

! (Steve Staley, however, did have his real name credited in Bleach and K, which are non-union (normally he would use the Steve Cannon surname for such dubs), indicating that he's a FiCore VA as opposed to union-only), unless if Aksys decides to make Xrd a union-contracted dub like XSEED's Killer is Dead
    ! proof: Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, who is a union-only VA, is credited with her real name for ADR Director[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUzNDXOcClU]](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUzNDXOcClU]), unlike in the non-union Cowboy Bebop (another dub she directed), where she was credited under the surname Melissa Williamson, which I think, at this point, they can.

@sidereal_presence:

While the games dubbed by Okratron have been worth playing just on the merits of the dub (Borderlands and, especially, Deus Ex: Invisible War-Sabat, Douglas & Grant are great) I haven't played a fighter dubbed by them.

It's Borderlands 2 that was recorded at Okratron 5000 (Borderlands was recorded at Dallas Audio Post).

• Well, I found a screencap of Deus Ex: Invisible War on Okratron's site. Even though it isn't as applicable after that edit, I'll still leave it here

!

Steve Blum has one voice that he uses in every role. He's instantly recognizable and he can't really deviate (if he can, I've heard him in roles recorded over ~10 years and he hasn't in any of 'em). From Bebop and Champloo through the reboot of TOM it has always been one voice. I don't see TOM's voice coming out of Faust. I'm curious as to why you think that Blum can do zany. On your CA list, I'd put Grelle as Faust before Blum. I see him in the crazy roles before I picture him in the "pinnacle of probity" roles like Ky "do no wrong" Kiske.

IMO Carrie Savage makes for the best "Cranberry" Jam (Ah, Genshiken) as she has a knack for playing the "extra special" characters. There are others who could rock the roll but when it comes to "extra special", Savage stands at the top of the pile.

Years have gone by, sure, but not that many since Walgren flipped the oppressive VA union the bird and did some work "on the down low". I believe that it could happen again :)

Priority One for Aksys should be fixing the kerfuffle with the licensing of the existing PC versions of Guilty Gear. Priority Two should be the release of PC + PS4/Xbone releases of 1080p (or higher, this is 2014-the year of 4K-after all) remakes of the 2d fighter Guilty Gear games. Priority 3 could be dubbing them, though that "Killer is Dead" dub you posted isn't my style (sounds like something that'd translate to the BlazBlue dub when applied to Guilty Gear) so perhaps the dub ought to be a bit further down the line IMO lol.

• @sidereal_presence:

Steve Blum has one voice that he uses in every role. He's instantly recognizable and he can't really deviate (if he can, I've heard him in roles recorded over ~10 years and he hasn't in any of 'em). From Bebop and Champloo through the reboot of TOM it has always been one voice. I don't see TOM's voice coming out of Faust. I'm curious as to why you think that Blum can do zany. On your CA list, I'd put Grelle as Faust before Blum. I see him in the crazy roles before I picture him in the "pinnacle of probity" roles like Ky "do no wrong" Kiske.

Roger Craig Smith could also work as Faust.

@sidereal_presence:

Years have gone by, sure, but not that many since Walgren flipped the oppressive VA union the bird and did some work "on the down low". I believe that it could happen again :)

When's the most recent non-union work she's done.

@sidereal_presence:

Priority One for Aksys should be fixing the kerfuffle with the licensing of the existing PC versions of Guilty Gear. Priority Two should be the release of PC + PS4/Xbone releases of 1080p (or higher, this is 2014-the year of 4K-after all) remakes of the 2d fighter Guilty Gear games.

The only Guilty Gear games ported to the PC were Isuka and XX (original iteration, not Accent Core), with the former being harder to secure rights to since it recently got ported to Steam by KISS ltd (with mostly poor review due to it being rippedit directly from the PS2 edition as opposed to the existing PC edition). This problem will also apply with BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger. For an HD edition, ArcSys is working really hard on Xrd and the fourth BlazBlue game, so it's going to be hard for them to find a company they can outsource to that can make a fighting game in HD, let alon have it run on at least Unreal Engine 3.

@sidereal_presence:

Priority 3 could be dubbing them, though that "Killer is Dead" dub you posted isn't my style (sounds like something that'd translate to the BlazBlue dub when applied to Guilty Gear) so perhaps the dub ought to be a bit further down the line IMO lol.

How should Guilty Gear's dub sound like?

• @Domayv:

How should Guilty Gear's dub sound like?

Fluid, with no "Captain Kirk"-ing (dramatic, stage-style emoting; so no Bryce Papenbrook lol) and, preferably, without cringe-inducing lines like "It's the boobie lady!" (BlazBlue dub). In short, like what Okratron 5000 has done.

It's too bad that Bang/Zoom doesn't seem to have released parts 2 & 3 of what was to be the Adventures in Voice Acting trilogy as I'd like to find out why CA game dubs sound as they do. I can infer from Part 1 (the anime installment) but I'd like to know more.

!
    @Domayv:

When's the most recent non-union work she's done.

…I don't know the answer to that.

I'm familiar with the PC editions of GG and BB. I have them, from before the ball was dropped with poor "subletting" of the PC versions. The original versions were pretty slapdash so if the new ones are worse then that's even more brutal. I'd like to think that redrawing the graphics of Guilty Gear at 4K wouldn't be overly difficult, but it does make me wonder if the game would, or should, be retooled to be 16:9 instead of 4:3. Prior to Slash I don't believe that it would make that much of a difference, though even post-Slash I don't recall any essential game mechanics that required a more "square" screen, unlike other fighters like Arcana Heart 3 (which desperately needs a real PC version and needs an HD remaster).

• @sidereal_presence:

In short, like what Okratron 5000 has done.

What makes Okratron (and by extent DFW) better for voice acting in general than LA?

• @Domayv:

What makes Okratron (and by extent DFW) better for voice acting in general than LA?

(I'm not willing to so readily lump this DFW in with Okratron for purposes of comparison)

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the same things that make many a TX anime dub better than virtually every CA anime dub are what give Okratron the edge over the CA video game dubs.

• @sidereal_presence:

(I'm not willing to so readily lump this DFW in with Okratron for purposes of comparison)

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the same things that make many a TX anime dub better than virtually every CA anime dub are what give Okratron the edge over the CA video game dubs.

The only issue is that Okratron's barely had any J-game dubbing work outside of DBZ or anything licensed by Funi, and no one really bothers to give a J-game dub to them. Their most recent J-game dub outside of DBZ or anything licensed by Funi was Lux-Pain back in 2009, which apparently wasn't that good of a dub, which probably discouraged other J-game distributors from having their game dubs outsourced to them.

So anyways, what you're saying Okratron's just simply offers better-quality (not just post-lay (i.e. dubbing J-games), but pre-lay voice work) than California. You could give some reasons to back them up.

FYI, DFW refers to Dallas-Forth Worth (the area where Okratron and Funi's talent are located).

• @Domayv:

FYI, DFW refers to Dallas-Forth Worth (the area where Okratron and Funi's talent are located).

While I am willing to lump together all of the CA dubbing studios, when it comes to game dubbing, I'm not willing to do the same with any TX dubbing studios. I've played scads of games dubbed by virtually every CA dub studio under the sun, and they're all lackluster and all much the same, but I can't say the same about TX game dub studios so I'm focusing on Okratron alone.
    @Domayv:

So anyways, what you're saying Okratron's just simply offers better-quality (not just post-lay (i.e. dubbing J-games), but pre-lay voice work) than California. You could give some reasons to back them up.

Okratron has delivered Funimation-style dubs to games, dubs that are fluid (ie:"Sound natural"), feature genuine-sounding conversation and are bereft of the audio equivalent of "acting to the camera". CA dubs either feature disjointed, disparate lines that are just tossed out there with no attempt to maintain the intended illusion of a conversation or continuity, or they feature stilted, stage-sounding acting where lines are melodramatic and conversations are directed at least as much "at the camera" as they are to the in-game participants in the conversation. An example of the latter would be that Killer is Dead dub that you posted.

Stage style acting is great on stage but it has no place in dubs (Sorry Bryce Papenbrook lol). Whether it be anime or games, CA studios just don't seem to understand that.

• @sidereal_presence:

While I am willing to lump together all of the CA dubbing studios, when it comes to game dubbing, I'm not willing to do the same with any TX dubbing studios. I've played scads of games dubbed by virtually every CA dub studio under the sun, and they're all lackluster and all much the same, but I can't say the same about TX game dub studios so I'm focusing on Okratron alone.

Okratron has delivered Funimation-style dubs to games, dubs that are fluid (ie:"Sound natural"), feature genuine-sounding conversation and are bereft of the audio equivalent of "acting to the camera". CA dubs either feature disjointed, disparate lines that are just tossed out there with no attempt to maintain the intended illusion of a conversation or continuity, or they feature stilted, stage-sounding acting where lines are melodramatic and conversations are directed at least as much "at the camera" as they are to the in-game participants in the conversation. An example of the latter would be that Killer is Dead dub that you posted.

Stage style acting is great on stage but it has no place in dubs (Sorry Bryce Papenbrook lol). Whether it be anime or games, CA studios just don't seem to understand that.

It seems you have a very biased opinion, in that you want EVERY single dub done in Dallas (I'm probably also gonna bet that you want more pre-lay VG work done there as well). It's not like that Dallas has the god-given right to dub every single anime and J-game out there, and not all Dallas dubs of recent days are exactly stellar (Future Diary's, We Withoug Wings's, and Haganai S1's dubs were hilariously bad). Look at Black Lagoon (the most recent installment Roberta's Blood Trail being dubbed in 2013). That was done in Canada. Look at Hellsing Ultimate. That was done to California. Even with dubs outside of Dallas that are really good, you automatically consider Dallas dubs, no matter how good or bad, better just because they happen to be recorded there. You have to learn to appreciate dubs done outside of Dallas.

FYI, do you consider Houston dubs as good as Dallas dubs because to me they sound and feel more like LA dubs than Dallas dubs.

• @Domayv:

It seems you have a very biased opinion, in that you want EVERY single dub done in Dallas…

Not so. I want the vocal work done by the best. Right now, Funimation/Okratron have the highest quality/consistency ratio, which I use as the metric to determine the best (where "quality" is determined by how natural and "inside the 4th wall" a dub is). If the actors are hamming it up, if they're under-emoting, if they sound like they're talking directly to the viewer or if lines in the same conversation sound very uneven in emotion or tone, killing the necessary illusion that the character is fluidly speaking them "then and there" and making readily apparent the reality that the actor recorded the lines in multiple sessions and/or in a non-chronological order, then the dub gets the thumbs-down from me.

TBH, despite the "amazeballs" performances by some of the Funimation actors (which ironically made the dub worse), I would have preferred that New Generation Pictures or, given their success with Fate/Zero (it was like that show was made for their dubbing style), had dubbed Psycho-pass.

While I have heard a handful of CA anime dubs that were amazing I do not believe that I have heard any video game dubs from them that were amazing. BlazBlue's certainly wasn't. Honestly, whoever let "it's the boobie lady!" as recorded be released has some 'splainin to do as while the words of the line are most certainly dumb, Funimation has said dumber and made it sound amazing (eg:"Chesticles").

The word that I would use to describe almost every CA dub, anime or otherwise, is "Serviceable". I don't want "serviceable", I want "mind-blowingly awesome" and Funimation/Okratron has the highest odds of delivering that to a Guilty Gear dub.

…BTW, why'd you preface the question about Houston dubs with "FYI"?

• @sidereal_presence:

Not so. I want the vocal work done by the best. Right now, Funimation/Okratron have the highest quality/consistency ratio, which I use as the metric to determine the best (where "quality" is determined by how natural and "inside the 4th wall" a dub is).

It pretty much stems from the fact that Funi has had so much experience with dubbing that their VAs and voice directors pretty much had become professional a lot quicker than their LA counterparts (heck, it's why Bandai Namco used Josh Grelle (though he had experience in prior LA dubs), Brina Palencia and J. Michael Tatum for Tales of Xillia 2), and I can see how they can provide better alternatives for LA dubs if they can't hire union VAs: Josh Grelle would be a true alternative to Yuri Lowenthal (Bryce's voice is more akin to a combination of Greg Ayres and Vic Mignogna than Yuri); J. Michael Tatum would be a true alternative to Crispin Freeman (sure Keith Silverstein and Marc Diraison could pull off a Freeman, but Tatum does it better than those two); Jason Douglas could act as an alternative to Richard Epcar and David Vincent; Colleen Clinkenbeard and Stephanie Young would be true alternatives to Mary Elizaeth McGlynn and could act as alternatives to Tara Platt; Brandon Potter would be a true alternative to Steve Blum; Luci Christian would be a true alternative to Kari Wahlgren and could act as an alternative to Lauren Landa; Kent Williams could act as an alternative to Michael McConnohie; Christopher Sabat would be a true alternative to Jamieson Price (I could see him doing a good Bi-Han Sub-Zero/Noob Saibot); Jamie Marchi could acts as an alternative to Julie Ann Taylor; and Alexis Tipton could act as an alternative to Stephanie Sheh (Cristine Marie Cabanos is more comparable to Jad Saxton and Tia Ballard).

@sidereal_presence:

TBH, despite the "amazeballs" performances by some of the Funimation actors (which ironically made the dub worse), I would have preferred that New Generation Pictures or, given their success with Fate/Zero (it was like that show was made for their dubbing style), had dubbed Psycho-pass.

So for Psycho-Pass, you would have preferred that either New Generation Pictures or Bang Zoom! (the company that dubbed Fate/Zero) dub it instead of Funi.

@sidereal_presence:

While I have heard a handful of CA anime dubs that were amazing I do not believe that I have heard any video game dubs from them that were amazing. BlazBlue's certainly wasn't. Honestly, whoever let "it's the boobie lady!" as recorded be released has some 'splainin to do as while the words of the line are most certainly dumb, Funimation has said dumber and made it sound amazing (eg:"Chesticles").

As for why you don't really like LA J-game dubs, most of the dubs (that includes the BlazBlue series) are directed by Kristi Reed, whose track record with the fandom when it comes with voice direction is rather polarizing (it's pretty much why Aniplex chose Tony Oliver instead of reprising Kristi from Fate/Stay Night 2006 and Unlimited Blade Works for voice direction when they dubbed Fate/Zero because they knew the how well the last time they made a union dub with her direction went…). Alex von David (the go-to guy for most Bang Zoom! dubs nowadays) and Tony Oliver (who directed the Fate/Zero dub) have a much better track record when it comes with voice direction.

@sidereal_presence:

The word that I would use to describe almost every CA dub, anime or otherwise, is "Serviceable". I don't want "serviceable", I want "mind-blowingly awesome" and Funimation/Okratron has the highest odds of delivering that to a Guilty Gear dub.

Well, the decision as to which dubbing studio to use for Guilty Gear Xrd is up to Aksys. Personally (as unlikely as it is), I would like to see Guilty Gear Xrd dub recorded in Vancouver, since Aksys, at this point, now has the resources and capital to go on a bigger-budgeted dub and it's a better alternative than contracting it to the SAG-AFTRA due to a lower price.

@sidereal_presence:

…BTW, why'd you preface the question about Houston dubs with "FYI"?

Well, since you mentioned "any TX dubbing studios." in your previous post, that made me think that you would also prefer Houston dubs alongside with Dallas dubs over LA dubs.

• @Domayv:

Well, since you mentioned "any TX dubbing studios." in your previous post, that made me think that you would also prefer Houston dubs alongside with Dallas dubs over LA dubs.

Sounds reasonable to me, but I'm not exactly sure why you said "[For your information], do you consider Houston dubs as good as Dallas dubs…" as I already know my opinion of Houston (Well, Sentai Filmworks/ADV-made dubs, to be specific). Confusion there aside, I do consider Sentai to be capable of great dubs (natural or "organic" sound) but they have issues with consistency.

I'm not really that much of a fan of the direction of any of those 3 Bang/Zoom directors. I've liked Oliver as an actor (and a con guest) moreso than as a director, and I'm pretty sure that I've thought that each of 'em have had at least one anime dub that I thought to be remarkable but they've had many that were only "serviceable"; AVR did that SAO dub though...
    @Domayv:

So for Psycho-Pass, you would have preferred that either New Generation Pictures or Bang Zoom! (the company that dubbed Fate/Zero) dub it instead of Funi.

Pretty much. Some of my reasons for it are selfish, others are objective but I believe that either of them could have likely made a dub that was more consistent and thus better, as IMO the inconsistencies in the Funi dub were a weakness even though the "inconsistency" was some actors giving borderline-career-best performances while others gave "merely" outstanding performances. My favorite NGP dubs involve a lot of monologued, "pretentious" dialogue so there are thus pretty decent odds that they could have really run with PP's dub. When you mentioned Funi dubs that weren't up to par, 2 out of the 3 were directed by the director of Psycho-pass. I can't say that I like pointing that out though :(

The more I think on it, the more I realize that perhaps it is the "nature of the beast" of fighting game dubs that, due to the number of possible char v char matchups, dialogue won't ever sound "organic" in the scenes where characters are supposed to be commenting to each other. Though I recall hearing a game dub or two that featured randomly generated dialogue that synced up surprisingly well, so I believe that it is possible and I'd like to see (hear?) Okratron give it a shot as NGP and B/Z had shots with, respectively, SF/MvC and BB and they missed the mark with them. Even if Okratron can't make any "conversations" in the dub sound more natural than could NGP or B/Z I believe that they could make the individual lines sound natural.

• @sidereal_presence:

Confusion there aside, I do consider Sentai to be capable of great dubs (natural or "organic" sound) but they have issues with consistency.

So they're more or less like LA dubs: great potential but often leaves a lot to be desired, like what I said.

• @Domayv:

So they're more or less like LA dubs: great potential but often leaves a lot to be desired, like what I said.

No. I'd put Sentai second to Funimation on the "best dub studio" list, far above the CA dub studios.

The only way to get to your statement there is if you finesse "more or less" to a point where I'd necessarily consider all dubs to be equal to CA's and that dog doesn't hunt. CA's exceptional dubs don't even truly rise to the level of the "B-list" stuff from Funimation/Sentai and while Sentai has some dubs that sink close to the level of "serviceable" , ie: most CA dubs, they are more than balanced out by the many that rise above that. My stance is as it was: CA < TX.

I want titles to be dubbed by the best and only once in a blue moon is the best going to be a CA studio (and that's being generous as far as I'm concerned). CA dubbers have had shots with fighting games and they've missed the mark with them. It's time to give Okratron a chance; they cannot do worse.

• @sidereal_presence:

No. I'd put Sentai second to Funimation on the "best dub studio" list, far above the CA dub studios.

The only way to get to your statement there is if you finesse "more or less" to a point where I'd necessarily consider all dubs to be equal to CA's and that dog doesn't hunt. CA's exceptional dubs don't even truly rise to the level of the "B-list" stuff from Funimation/Sentai and while Sentai has some dubs that sink close to the level of "serviceable" , ie: most CA dubs, they are more than balanced out by the many that rise above that. My stance is as it was: CA < TX.

OK you're pretty much just being biased that you pretty much prefer ANY TX dub over an LA dub, even if they are clearly bad. You're just simply saying that Sentai dubs are better than LA dubs just simply because they're dubbed in Texas, and there's so much that both areas can dub before reaching capacity. They can't dub everything. Also another fact, you're basing your opinions solely your on experience on fighting games. To me, a Houston dub feels more like an LA dub. As a matter of fact, I would like to see a greater variety of dubs in the future, such as more dubs coming from NGP and Ocean Studios (once the USD/CAD ratio settle in favor of the US).

Ever since I mentioned a possible English dub cast for this series on this thread, you've pretty much railroaded it into a discussion where you brag about that Texas is the best thing ever it is and everything should be voiced there. Sure, Funi has top-notch VAs, but they're not always going to be perfect. On the other hand, the LA dubbing landscape has been bouncing back from the recession. Stop bragging about this and just discuss about your experience of playing the series' games.

• @Domayv:

On the other hand, the LA dubbing landscape has been bouncing back from the recession.

Not in terms of quality it hasn't. It's the same as it always has been, perhaps worse. I have no interest in a dub that sounds like a cast of characters giving line readings better suited for stage ("inorganic") and that's all that LA can be expected to deliver.

You took this discussion to dubs and for reasons that defy sense you want the studios that have flubbed dubs of games like Guilty Gear to dub Guilty Gear. That brings to mind Einstein's definition of insanity: "Insanity:doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

BTW, I feel kinda bad for the word "brag" upon seeing you so shamelessly abuse it. What did it do to deserve such mistreatment? :)