Corpse Princess

• I just got done watching Shikabane Hime or Corpse Princess and I loved it up until the last episode where it cuts to the end before it lets you know who wins the fight. An ending like that would have been ok…but it ended with "to be continued" and its been over 6 years since that episode was made (I really doubt they will ever finish the anime, especially since it was 6 years ago and there hasn't been anything in the news about another season). now I'm really disappointed I wont be able to finish this, hopefully they at least finished up the ending in the Manga.

I know something like this happened with Highschool of the Dead, but at least H.O.T.D. could still have another season because of the huge fan base (if the creator ever decides to finally continue the manga).

Has anyone ever watched an anime where something similar to this happened?

• Welcome to the club. I try to avoid anything Gainax, personally, because I know I'm just going to end up disappointed.

• Since we've got a forum section for this, I'm gonna move this thread there, so we can keep the general anime section open for non-FUNimation title discussion.

• Funimation f up on the dvd release it's meant to said the end and not to be continued.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrX1Ybo2f9A
    go to 22:14

• even if there was some sort of screw up it still doesnt make sense, they end it at a major fight scene and it doesnt show who the victor is. If that was the way it was meant to end then that was a bad decision.

• Come on use your imagination, we all know how's going win the fight. Also i thought the ending wasn't so bad.

• Yeah, I guess. I personally didn't like the ending, but at least it was different than how most would end.

• This post is deleted!

• are there any OVAs for Corpse Princess?

• There is one. It's a stand-alone episode based around the character Minai, from earlier in the series. The OVA isn't up here on the site, but it is available on the DVDs.

It's not a continuation or epilogue from episode 25, though. Unfortunately that Gainax ending is all we're ever going to get. :hmm:

• @sandman64:

are there any OVAs for Corpse Princess?

There one ova but, what SpacemanHardy said, it's just a side story about Minai. Funny part is that if own the dvd release of Corpse Princess, at end of ova episode it's said the end.

• I'm just jumping in here to say that I loved this show! I almost quit halfway through because of

! Kaisei's death, but I'm glad I stuck with it. The action sequences were amazing. They kept up the momentum throughout the story. I really loved it!

This is another series that did a good job of balancing the fan-service. It was good to hear Josh Grelle associated with a sexy character. Most of what I've seen from him have been kid characters.

• @paige62182:

This is another series that did a good job of balancing the fan-service.

I feel the opposite. It had way too much fanservice. I didn't mind the perverted monk, but I couldn't stand that blonde shikabane hime. She was totally unnecessary.

• @spiralofdestiny:

I feel the opposite. It had way too much fanservice. I didn't mind the perverted monk, but I couldn't stand that blonde shikabane hime. She was totally unnecessary.

When I spoke of balanced fan service, I meant something for both orientations. Not just all bouncing boobs and up-skirts. I really enjoyed the bath scene with the mostly naked guys. I don't object to fan service, just to all-heteronormative male-oriented fan service.

I have no recollection of the character you are referring to. There were about 4 blonde shikabane himes.

• I misunderstood what you meant by balance. I agree that they did show an equal amount of male and female fanservice.

It's been awhile since I've seen it, so I can't remember her name. There was a contracted monk who said he had two shikabane himes. There was a blonde one, and one that I don't remember ever showing up. All I remember the blonde one doing is acting silly, and having her breasts bounce around.

• @spiralofdestiny:

.It's been awhile since I've seen it, so I can't remember her name. There was a contracted monk who said he had two shikabane himes. There was a blonde one, and one that I don't remember ever showing up. All I remember the blonde one doing is acting silly, and having her breasts bounce around.

I think you're talking about Flesh Backbone

• get used to never getting a end to anime, 80% end like this one, TBC or just a massive cliff hanger

• Remember Japanese anime is created to advertise the manga. It sucks.