Legend of Korra DIsscussion Thread!

• Come here to disscuss the Avatar: The Last Air Bender Spin-Off Legend Of Korra! Who are your favorite & least favorite characters, is this series a good sequal to the origional? Is Aang constantly face palming from the great beyong at how pig-headed Korra is!? Come disscuss all the Avatar awesomeness here!!!

Latest In Korra news!

• Book 2 of Legend of Korra entitled "Spirits" has begun airing on Nick.

• I'm a bit behind (only caught the premiere of Book 2 so far, the rest is waiting on the DVR), but already I've seen Korra getting a lot of heat for how she's acting thus far, yeah. Then again, she got a lot during season one too, where I thought she was awesome. :P So I guess only time will tell though.

• Gyt you should read the Avatar The Promise Volumes. They are very interesting and you find out a lot about what happens in between the end of The Last Air Bender and the beginning of Korra.

• Yeah both "The Promise" and the current comic story arc "The Search" are deffinantly worth checking out!

• Best new character

http://i.imgur.com/u1sfe5m.png

• The second season doesn't seem as interesting as the first. Maybe it's the way it's playing out so far or how some of the characters are acting but it's disappointing so far. I have hope for it though.

• @Forlorn:

The second season doesn't seem as interesting as the first. Maybe it's the way it's playing out so far or how some of the characters are acting but it's disappointing so far. I have hope for it though.

Korra is the only one being a major pain. Tenzen role has grown a lot. I feel like I know him better know

• I think the second seasons biggest problem is that for a book called "Spirits" it realls seems to be more about the political side of things, but, then again that is an important part of this world, so its to be expected, still I do hope as S2 goes on we see less politics, and Korra arguing with her now ex boyfriend, and more of her being an Avatar, kicking butt & taking names.

But yeah, ATM I agree that Tenzen's side of the story is far more interesting. But as for Korra's side, I do love her creppy/crazy cousins, that girl went full on Yandare at the end of the last episode, lashing out at Korra over Bolin. Poor Bolin, he just has really bad luck with the ladies don't he, oh well at least now he has a job in the Movie biz, so maybe that'll change XD

But ahh i'm rambling. I've enjoyed the season overall, but I do agree its a bit weaker then the first. But hey when you start off your series with a bad guy voiced by Steve Blum, kind of hard to top that. XD

• Aww crap. I just got spoiled by Soundmonkey. I knew I shouldn't have read this thread since I'm behind on Korra.

Grrr!

• @SS5ant:

Korra is the only one being a major pain. Tenzen role has grown a lot. I feel like I know him better know

Yeah, I agree with you there. It's kinda strange to me though that they sort of took him out. I suppose it's just that there's less focus on him.

With the characters, in my opinion, they aren't really the same as they were in season 1. Mako and Korra don't care about the pro-bending circuit anymore. That was an interesting part to me. It didn't explain what happened there other than Mako joined the police force for some reason. Tenzen went from being a main character to more of a side story. Maybe I'm looking too deep into things, but it doesn't entirely feel like the same characters.

I think Soundmonkey makes a good point that while it's called Spirits, there hasn't been much emphasis on that portion. That's another issue I have with this season: the "plot" doesn't seem to be what it initially started as. It went from being about the spirits being angry to a civil war between brothers(essentially). And it hasn't thoroughly explained, or much at all really, why the spirits are mad. Korra's uncle said it was because the South had turned their back on traditions and yet even with the spirit gate open, they're still angry. And as seen in the latest ep, it isn't with the south and the war has nothing to do with it apparently. Considering how season 1 was only 12 eps long, and we're on 5 or 6 now, you think they would've given us some insight into what's actually going on.

• @Davidism:

Aww crap. I just got spoiled by Soundmonkey. I knew I shouldn't have read this thread since I'm behind on Korra.

Grrr!

Yeah we need spoiler tags ASAP

also people should check Doug Walker's (Nostalgia Critic) Legend of Korra Season 2 Vlogs

http://youtu.be/3uy9wqdusNE

he also did season 1 and the original Avatar, seeing Avatar from the prospective of a professional reviewer was so enjoyable

http://youtu.be/Wc2MiIHl-Ak

• I just got caught up on this the other day, and while I'd have to agree that this season isn't quite as good as the first so far - and definitely isn't living up to the 'Spirits' portion of the deal like it should be - I'm enjoying it for the most part.

I also don't really have that big a problem with Korra as a character. She's always been bullheaded (that's why I like her so much), she's also young and making some bad decisions. The only thing I'd fault her with majorly is falling for the same tricks she did in season one…I expected better from her on that front.

Oh, and to Mars and Soundmonkey - I'm definitely interested in eventually reading those interquel comics, just a matter of time and money. I'll probably eventually end up with the trades of them though.

• GYT: The first story "The Promise" was recently collected into a nice Hardcover edition. http://www.amazon.com/Avatar-The-Last-Airbender-Promise/dp/1616550740/ref=sr_1_1/178-3953243-8705542?ie=UTF8&qid=1381519848&sr=8-1&keywords=avatar+the+promise

As for The Search, the last part of it is set to come out this month, so you can probably expect a collected edition for it sometime next year.

& yeah, i'm fine with Korra's stubborn/pig-headedness, but it was pretty dang obvious her Uncle was evil from the second you saw him, its crazy it took her 4 episodes to figure that out. I mean I get you don't want to doubt your family, but still. When someone says "I have big plans for you" that should be a red flag right there! XD

But yeah, looking forward to tonights episode, since we finally seem to be getting to the "Spirits" part of things. Hope we get a good fight scene in tonight!

• While I like Varrick, I'd actually like to see him turn out to be a villain. He's already shown he's willing to work both sides, is interested in building a military presence, and is open to manipulating people in order to accomplish his own goals. And it's not really something that's been done in the franchise before, not that I can really recall.

• So tonights Korra, not gonna lie, mostly felt like filler, but I will say, I loved the ending, that reveal with Varak… All I could think was.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJXKVOxqkWM

And Poor Korra, we don't see her till the end of the ep, but looks like she's not in very good straights ATM, hope the Fire Kingdom can help her recover from the apperant damage to her mind that the dark spirit caused.

• @EyeOfPain:

While I like Varrick, I'd actually like to see him turn out to be a villain. He's already shown he's willing to work both sides, is interested in building a military presence, and is open to manipulating people in order to accomplish his own goals. And it's not really something that's been done in the franchise before, not that I can really recall.

Hahaha, yes!

• I catch these episodes when they air on Nicktoons so I just finished episode 6. It's like they mashed together content from 3 different seasons. It all seems rushed Tarlock 2.0 is doing something in the Spirit World while Varrick is being a warlord then Bolin is kinda a sexual harasser. Season is a mess

• Potential Spoilers for those who haven't watched all currently released episodes of LoK.

This season of Avatar: The Legend of Korra hasn't been all that bad in my opinion. For me, the Avatar series isn't something that I like to watch 1 episode at a time. This series is something that you have to watch during a marathon to get the highest appeal.

As far as characters go this season, Mako won the award of being my favorite character. I don't like the fact that Korra is very emotional when it comes to handling any situation she is in. I have been hoping that she would fail a lot of times so that she would be forced to realize that not everything in life comes easy. People do have to struggle on an everyday basis to achieve whatever goal they set for themselves.

One of the events that got be angry this season was when Korra took out her frustration on Mako whenever he tried to give his opinion on whatever topic that Korra wanted to discuss. I just wanted to slap Korra silly for not realizing that she needs to just calm down and quit jumping to immediate conclusions that everyone is out to get her. Then it got worse when Korra decided to ignore the fact that Mako saw some fire benders ignite the explosives during the Southern Water Tribe (SWT) peaceful protest. I understand that the SWT is her hometown but as the Avatar she needs respect the citizens of the Northern Water Tribe (NWT) even if she doesn't like the leader of the NWT, her uncle, Unlaq.

But hey, not like I was expecting Korra to be the perfect Avatar immediately now. If she didn't have a whole lot of faults then I wouldn't find her character all that interesting to say the least.

As far as the latest episode goes, I liked seeing Mako and Asami work together to solve the mystery behind who is stealing Asami company products before they reach the recipients that paid for them. It has been a while since the two of them got some alone time together. Mako attitude to not give up on solving who the mastermind was that paid the gang of water benders to distract both him and Asami, shows the making of a fine future police officer and possible chief some day.

I am usually alone when I say that I didn't like Varrick character from the start of things. I don't know what it is about him that other people find attracting but to me he seems kind of plain, boring, and predictable to various degrees. He is basically the classic business man that plays dumb most of the time to ensure that hardly anyone would suspect him of orchestrating anything against them. Here is to hoping that Varrick turns out to be a good guy that just wants to increase his profits through this war between the 2 Water Tribes and the Spirit World. In short, I'm hoping that Varrick character is going to follow the idiom: "In order to deceive your enemies, you must first begin with your friends."

Basically, Varrick is acting as a spy (or informant) for Unlaq in order to maintain an informative communication network expanding between continents. While in reality, his allegiance is towards the president of Republic City.

• Now I got spoiled by Soundmonkey! Sorry. Not trying to put the blame on you, there just wasn't anything spoiler material til your post. My own fault. I knew I should've watched the ep before coming to this thread again. And it sounds like it'll be a good one.

• So far i have to agree with most people that i have talked to about the subject. The second season seems to be in a pretty good pace. Though i'd have to say at times i get frustrated at Korra for being…well Korra. She's to much of an emotionally responsive person that she jumps to often, barely looking to see where her feet would meet with the earth (Though i guess she doesn't need to since she does control the earth too haha) but yah her character is still fun though in her own way. And that difference is what i think makes it interesting to watch.

Though i would have to say a lack of a powerful male character on the good side (in my opinion of course) is very evident. Sure Mako is the more detective and plan out type. But in generally a full out battle i think he comes off as too soft. Which can cause the "conflictions" that may occur with the two. Though i could bring up that he has a higher sense of duty.

Again, i would have to point out that despite my opinions, i still like the show as it is. As they say, even if someone gives you something in a perfect platter, there will always be people or reasons you don't like what is on it. Other then that, i enjoy seeing the old cast come together. The first episode was slow for me (of the second season) but i got back into it after that. (Anime man just makes it so hard to watch some first episodes of series XD)

• Tonight we get to see the hour long episode of Korra, during which time she gets the chance to meet Wan, the first Avatar.

Hopefully, before this season ends we will get the chance to see Azula and Zuko make an appearance in the series. I would like to know what in the world has transpired between those two characters and where their life choices have taken them to.