Please acquire Oreimo.

• I've notice that no American studio has acquired the rights to Oreimo yet even though it was a success in Japan. I was hoping Funimation would. I wouldn't think the premise would be too risky since OniAi is very similar. I love this show and hope it gets considered.

• Already licensed by Aniplex of America

• ….You're joking, right?

Aniplex has already released OreImo. It's been out for like... THREE YEARS.

Here. You can buy it right now if you want:

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=aoa1002

• I was hoping it was only an import since the price tag for the bluray is $250. I'll cry myself to sleep (three years late apparently) but thanks for the info.

• @h1k1k0m0r1:

I was hoping it was only an import since the price tag for the bluray is $250. I'll cry myself to sleep (three years late apparently) but thanks for the info.

The bluray is indeed an import, which is why it costs so much.

If you're okay with DVD, the standard release is only $45, which for AoA, is probably their most reasonably priced item in their entire catalog.

• I HATE Aniplex… Why won't they LOCALIZE these things instead of KEEPING them in Japan? Wouldn't that cut down the cost for God's sake? $250? It's not even worth that!

• I'd love to see NIS localize the things that Aniplex has instead of 'importing' them. That would wipe their smug faces when they charge a helluva lot less for them when they localize them and sell them PROPERLY.

• ^ I'm sure NIS would love to license some of those titles and put them out at their prices instead. The problem is, Aniplex of America simply won't let them.

As the American arm of their Japanese parent company, they get first refusal rights to any and all Aniplex-connected series and products. And they've been using that right more and more often these days, snatching up pretty much everything that they can lay their hands on with the Aniplex name on it. I still think it's little more than a miracle that FUNimation was able to convince them to let them license Black Butler: Book of Circus, and I dread to think of how much money they had to pay just to get a hold of the license.

Sadly, the only way AoA is going to die is if everyone decides to stop buying their shit. But unfortunately, there seem to be more and more people who are either brainwashed into thinking that their products are worth the exorbitant prices, or they feel blackmailed into thinking that the only way to own their favorite show is to break down and pay for it. And because of those people, Aniplex doesn't seem to be showing signs of slowing down.

What can I say? You folks fed this monster. Hope you're happy. -_-

• @SpacemanHardy:

You folks fed this monster. Hope you're happy.

I'm quite pleased with what little Aniplex items I have. ~_^

• I like you SpacemanHardy, you, and all mods on funi, seem to be more awesome and less douchebaggy then the CR mods and admins.