So far not too disappointed….

• You know after learning about the V.A. announcement's when they first came out, i was sorely disappointed on who they chose. Now after watching the first two episodes im starting to think that they might be able to make this work. Im still skeptical about mikasa because she is practically emotionless, so the voice actor should be too, but when I saw that early access clip of her she was too emotional. Hopefully after three more episodes ill be more into it.

• i still haven't decided if I'm going to be watching this subbed or dubbed. I've been growing fidgety with the VAs as of late, and I find it less aggravating all around if I just stick with subs. Now as to whether it has a decent sub script is another thing. Listening to a character say one thing in Japanese, and reading it translated as something not even close is just as annoying.

• That was a pretty emotional moment for her in that clip. Even the Japanese voice gives her more emotion there. Not quite as much as the English version but it is most definitely there. The weakness of that clip was the dialogue itself and using such an unusual moment for Mikasa to show off her voice, at least for me that was the case. I'm quite happy with the dub so far outside of some of the dialogue changes.

• For what it's worth, I have found that the dub so far has more…emotional impact than the sub. Probably because I don't speak Japanese :)
    No real complaints with the voice actors so far.

• From the dub clips and the first two episodes, I can say without a doubt that I don't mind spending £100 importing this to England.

• did you guys also notice the subtle video edits they did from sub to dub? what was that all about?

• @Muteki1993:

did you guys also notice the subtle video edits they did from sub to dub? what was that all about?

The video was touched up and fixed in places for the home video releases in Japan, this happens quite frequently. The content on Funi's BD/DVD release will feature the same footage shown on the Japanese releases like what Toonami is showing, not the TV version used with the simulcast.

• I love the show Subbed & I have no complaints about the Dub thus far. I've watched all the Sub episodes a good 6 times. I just really wish the new episode would hit the site already, I wanna watch it now!

• @rt_hammer:

I just really wish the new episode would hit the site already, I wanna watch it now!

You mean the OVAs that are being bundled with the limited editions of the manga? The OVAs are probably a tricky license because they are bundled with the manga and are not otherwise available. There's no season 2 in the works at the moment, though I'd be very very shocked if we didn't get one.

• I'm pretty satisfied for the most part. Eren is a little too over the top… Mikasa sounds a little bit stuck up and self centered and is a little annoying but that's Mikasa for you. Levi sounds way too emotional from the little bit of the last episode and I'm honestly really not looking forward to him being there more. Also, it is the most frustrating thing hearing what they are calling The Scouting Legion... Please for the love of everything in this world, can you not just stick with one name?