Hurry with dub for season 2

• come on funimation get act going here whats taking long for eng dub to come out it's like 2014 now the season must came out like 2012 or 2013 right so get it moving by now I hate this long wait like ever one else is with eng dub for season 2

• Season 1 was dubbed and released about 13 months after the final simulcast episode. Since season 2 ended in late December of 2013, the expected release date for the dub is early 2015 (which is subject to change since it's completely unconfirmed). 12-16 months is the typical release range from simulcast end to dub release, and Freezing is no different

Suggestion: If you hate waiting, watch the Japanese version with subtitles

• There have been instances where it takes longer for FUNi to dub and release a series; though it doesn't often ring true with shows that they know are sure-sellers. I can understand all too well the impatience of wanting a release. I myself signed up on the old FUNi forums in March of 2009, just to find out when the new Gunslinger Girl release was going to happen, because I thought that FUNi staff regularly visited the forums. I was wrong; and, I didn't get a release for GG: IT until 8/18/2009… that's 14 months after the series finished airing.

My only solace was that I could watch the series subbed on the anime portal that FUNi had at the time.

We feel your pain, and feel your impatience. But nothing... not begging, pleading, a divine message from Jesus, or even promise of money, could get FUNimation to dub and release a series ahead of their schedule, that they set in stone months in advance.

• Unfortunately the last time I tried to watch this on Funimation's site it was heavily censored.

While I did watch Season One of this in Japanese as it aired, ever since I saw the dub I just can't go back to the sub. The dub was hands-down better.

• @sidereal_presence:

Unfortunately the last time I tried to watch this on Funimation's site it was heavily censored.

While I did watch Season One of this in Japanese as it aired, ever since I saw the dub I just can't go back to the sub. The dub was hands-down better.

Really? I enjoyed the sub more, Rana's unique way of speaking wasn't accurately portrayed in the dub, and if you paid attention, you'll notice that the Seiyuu who played Ingrid Bernstein voiced her with a German Accent in the sub, but hey to each their own.

• @Series5Ranger:

Really? I enjoyed the sub more, Rana's unique way of speaking wasn't accurately portrayed in the dub

Freezing: Vibration's seiyu left me with the impression that they were "phoning it in". Season one's sub was better but it lacked verve when I tried to rewatch it after having heard the dub. Speaking of the sub, I try to ignore accents in the subs as the seiyu fail at them just as they fail at pronouncing any English or, especially, German words in general. Especially if the accent is supposed to be Chinese as the Japanese almost always affect that annoying "baby talk" accent when they're playing a Chinese character who speaks Japanese, but that's a bit OT.

The hilarity of Marchi's rendition of Rana's speech more than made up for any inaccuracies IMO.

• @sidereal_presence:

The dub was hands-down better.

I thought Freezing's dub was one of the best in 2012 so I definitely look forward to Freezing Vibration in 2015.

Caitlin Glass and Jamie Marchi were fantastic as Satellizer and Rana. Roxanne is one of my favorite characters so I hope her English VA is also good.

Hopefully Funimation also dubs the 6 new shorts. They did dub the shorts for season 1 but at this point it means nothing since for the past year and a half Funimation hasn't been dubbing extra content.

Sentai FIlmworks recently dubbed their Samurai Bride shorts according to a fan who got his copy early. Be nice if Funimation followed their example (they shouldn't have fallen this much after Charlene's departure from the company…)

• Sentai FIlmworks recently dubbed their Samurai Bride shorts according to a fan who got his copy early. Be nice if Funimation followed their example (they shouldn't have fallen this much after Charlene's departure from the company…)

Sentai also released BDs of Hentai Prince, Maoyu, and Leviathan subtitled only.

• @St0ck:

Sentai also released BDs of Hentai Prince, Maoyu, and Leviathan subtitled only.

…I'd like to pretend that they didn't. Sentai makes some odd choices with dubs and IMO some of their dubs are ridiculously better than others.

I do prefer it when the bonus extras are dubbed though.

Is it really because Charlene Ingram left though? I've seen that theory on the interwebs before but I'm not sure how much stock I ought to put in it as Viz hasn't exactly had a meteoric rise regarding extras now that she's over there.

• When is the dub for Season 3 coming out?

:) :) :) :)

• @rwoodard:

When is the dub for Season 3 coming out?

;P ;P ;P ;P

• Trolls are adorably dull creature aren't they!? XD

• @Soundmonkey44:

Trolls are adorably dull creature aren't they!? XD

They are about as adorable as members that spam the forums with nonsense posts, calling others trolls.

Seriously you guys; this sort of aggressive behavior needs to stop. You were all new, bright-eyed anime lovers at one point or another, and while it may grate on your nerves for fresh members to make their first post a post asking about a future season or a future dub or when something is happening; it's your responsibility as veteran members to not only show a better example than the one I've been seeing set, or guide the new members to the information they seek.

Is that too much to ask? Do I really need to start pruning posts?

@Soundmonkey44:
    Consider this your warning.

• @sidereal_presence:

…I'd like to pretend that they didn't. Sentai makes some odd choices with dubs and IMO some of their dubs are ridiculously better than others.

I do prefer it when the bonus extras are dubbed though.

Is it really because Charlene Ingram left though? I've seen that theory on the interwebs before but I'm not sure how much stock I ought to put in it as Viz hasn't exactly had a meteoric rise regarding extras now that she's over there.

It's not odd choices with Sentai's dubs, It's all about streaming numbers. Titles that have high streaming numbers during simulcast usually will be released with a dub included with it. Same way with Funimation and their home video releases. While Sentai negotiates for streaming and home video rights, Funimation only negotiates streaming rights, then goes back and gets Home video rights for the popular stuff and include a dub. Which is why you'll get separate announcements from Funimation when they decide to release a title on Home Video.

• @Series5Ranger:

It's not odd choices with Sentai's dubs, It's all about streaming numbers. Titles that have high streaming numbers during simulcast usually will be released with a dub included with it.

Which sounds logical, until I realize that I've seen basically 0 of Funimation's current simulcasts so far but I'll likely end up buying at least some of them. Streaming numbers being the "make or break" for shows has to be really convenient for Sentai/Funi but I don't believe that it is the most accurate one, if only because I know they aren't all that accurate regarding what I'll buy and because I've read a ton of "Why'd Sentai dub X instead of Y?!" posts. :)

• I would be shocked if Amnesia of all things did better as a simulcast than something, well, not Amnesia

• Has anyone heard any thing at all about the release