The Future of Hell Girl

• Season 1 of Hell Girl was amazing I wish they would dub season 2 :( so is there any chance of season 2 being dubbed? If they don't intend to continue the show they should maybe sell it to another anime company. I actually think this show would fit in well on toonami they should play season 1 on there and see how well it does.

• sentai has had season 2 and 3 for several years now.

• The future of Hell Girl is that Sentai Filmworks has it.

• Yeah I wish Sentai would dub it then maybe I would watch it, but they haven't so I won't

• Sentai never dubs it, so I never buy it. Which is sad because I really liked season 1.

• wow thanks I did not know funimation sold the rights. Im kind of surprised they bought it and did not dub it. I am going to email them asking if they any plans to dub it but I doubt they will get back to me but hey you never know :)

• @logonin12:

wow thanks I did not know funimation sold the rights.

FUNimation never had the rights to seasons 2 & 3.

• Ok well I just got this reply from them "It's not scheduled to get a dub. If that changes I will be sure and let you know." It stinks because this anime was amazing dubbed :(

• not at all surprising. honestly glad they didn't since it would mean Ai and her companions would have been recast.

• I like the original cast, but I would gladly accept a new cast if it meant getting seasons 2 and 3 with a dub.

• Hey, Spiral… I know you've answered this before; probably on Shohan USA, but I was wondering if you could answer again why you personally refuse to watch Hell Girl season 2 or 3 subbed?

I switched to the sub half way through of season 1, because I anticipated watching 2 & 3, and didn't want that big of a shock to my little ears when the time came to switch.

• For me, watching a sub takes away from the experience. I tried watching a couple of Hell Girl season two subbed episodes, and I didn't feel for the characters as much. It's probably because I was spending more time reading what they were saying, then actually listening to them saying it.

• I feel like subtitles force me to pay attention to the screen, versus dubs where my attention tends to wander to my twitter feed or whatnot. To each his own, I guess.

• @spiralofdestiny:

For me, watching a sub takes away from the experience. I tried watching a couple of Hell Girl season two subbed episodes, and I didn't feel for the characters as much. It's probably because I was spending more time reading what they were saying, then actually listening to them saying it.

This is one of the reasons I prefer dubs to subs; I find with subs, if there's some intense dialogue, I get caught up in reading it and trying to watch the images on the screen to see the context or if there's say, some symbolism. This is why I was able to get far more out of Puella Magi Madoka Magica in terms of interpretation and enjoyment watching it dubbed as opposed to the couple times I streamed it.

I really enjoyed that English dub of Hell Girl, the cast was phenomenal and I almost ordered seasons two and three a few years ago, but when I checked the specs I noticed no English track, so I streamed them instead. I was bummed out to say the least because I really like that entire cast, especially Brina Palencia as Ai Enma.

Overall though, seasons two and three of Hell Girl are pretty good, season two possibly being the strongest of the series. Oh, and there is a live action series, but it's pretty bad.

I generally find, that if an anime is good enough, I find trivial external factors (unless it's the house burning down, or a tornado striking) don't detract my attention, when an anime sucks, I look at or think about other things.

• Loved Hell Girl Season1 but didn't watch the others because of not being dubbed. Subbed isn't bad but I loved the first season so much that I don't wanna finish it subbed lol. Maybe one day I'll give in but idk.

• I think you guys who haven't watched the 2nd and 3rd seasons really should. Personally, I liked them a whole lot more than the first season. First of all because they develop Ai and the other main cast members far more as characters, giving them more depth, and secondly because the story structure is different. Very Light spoilers follow but I'll tag them anyway.

! Basically season 2 and 3 have overarching storylines that kick in after a certain point, connecting various events where something major….I dare to say "epic" happens.