Funimation on the FireTV?

• Are there plans to officially bring the Funimation app to Amazon's FireTV?
    I got one recently, and love it, and if the Funimation app was there, I really wouldn't need anything else.

For the curious/adventurous: I did try sideloading the original Android Funimation app, but it currently lacks proper D-pad navigation support, so you'll need to plug a mouse in to use it

• On the Fire Tv you can load the Funimation App for android?

How does it look?

Cause if it works well enough I'm totally trading boxes.

Thanks in advance.

• nope. no funimation on amazon fire tv. deal breaker for me.

• although there is no funimation app on fire tv, you may be able to sideload the android apk for it. I am not too sure how well this would work though

• Kinda old thread but the the app does not seem to work well at all when sideloaded but the funimation app with Kodi/XBMC works great. The only problem is if the hd video has a 720/1080 choice it defaults to 720. I have messed with kodi and the funimation app but can not seem to get around that but 720 is not all that bad I guess and beats the heck out of trying to watch on the webpage.

• Bumping this thread too. Want to subscribe, but you're not compatible with any of my Fire TV.

• I think FireTV support may be on their schedule. But it's probably coming after Chromecast support.

• This post is deleted!

• It probably is. At this speed though….. What's aggravating is that it seems like they already have an android app, and while I would never say it's trivial to convert over, I also can't imagine that it would too much work for an android programmer.

• Yes! +++! Amazon Fire TV box is the best of them all. Best specs, awesomely responsive. Can't be too much code tweaking to make this happen & it HAS to come out better than the PS4 app did.
    With all the various platforms you really should support now, lets hope your app development/support staff is growing at the same rate (as it should). I have to think that there are many more customers streaming than buying DVDs. Businesses need to be fluid to accommodate their growth properly. Maybe it is time to switch your focus and try to be/stay the best choice for streaming Anime. Apps and the streaming infrastructure is where your focus needs to be if you want to be a player in the streaming game.

• Would be nice if they would do this. I need a way to watch in my bedroom and all i have in there is a tv and want a streaming device for it without having to buy another game console

• @bigdogjsapp:

Would be nice if they would do this. I need a way to watch in my bedroom and all i have in there is a tv and want a streaming device for it without having to buy another game console

Have you considered a Roku?

• thought about it and am considering getting one since i have found out that the app is available for that device. Thanks

• @bigdogjsapp:

thought about it and am considering getting one since i have found out that the app is available for that device. Thanks

BTW, unless you have your heart set on 4K, I would go for the Roku 3. While even if you have only a 1080p display the Roku 4 is more powerful (quad core processor vs. the Roku 3's dual core), it is also more power hungry. We're still talking around 8 watts, but thats about 2.5 times as much as the Roku 3:
    http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/10/roku-4-review-a-future-proofed-4k-version-of-the-best-streaming-box-so-far/