Question about sharing a paid account

• Hey,

Just had a quick question regarding the Funimation policy for the paid account with multiple people using the account at the same time. For example with Netflix, I know you are allowed to stream at two different places at the same time so if i wanted to watch something with my Brother who is in another state we just use the same account. Does paid funimation work the same way? Am i allowed to stream a video at the same time as someone else on the same account? Thanks in advance for the reply :)

• I'm not entirely sure but I don't think that it would allow you to at the same time. If both of you tried, it may think your account has been compromised. That's just my theory though. Don't have any proof.

• We allow for you to be logged into several different devices at once, with different browser types counting as a separate "device".

We don't mind if a single user, or a single household is logged into the same account through multiple devices– in fact, many families share one plan with several "kids", or a kid and parent set, or a husband and wife, watching anime from the same account. However, it's technically against the Terms of Use/Service to use one account in two separate households like you're suggesting-- you really should have your own account. This is, in part, for reasons of account security-- if you're not physically present to see who's logging into your account and what they're doing, your security can more easily be compromised. :(

• Thanks for the response!

• @zepher1003:

For example with Netflix, I know you are allowed to stream at two different places at the same time so if i wanted to watch something with my Brother who is in another state we just use the same account.

Technically, this is against Netflix's EULA, it's just not an enforced rule (source; subsection 2.1).

• What about an xbox 360 some family's have more than two

• @CJ:

We allow for you to be logged into several different devices at once, with different browser types counting as a separate "device".

Which I appreciate that as it prevents issues like leaving my browser logged in at home from letting me stream on a mobile device when I'm away.

• It's actually an interesting question with the Xbox.

I'm not sure how that works if you're trying to sign in with different xbox profiles but the same FUNimation account. I would presume it would be fine, based on the infrastructure, but I'm not 100% sure.

Desired behavior would be for you to be able to do that, though, so please let me know if you can't, so that I can report it to our developers.

• The answer to the xbox and ps3's is they can as they are all using IP's and all IP's are different. I have tested it and it works enjoy.

• Question to admin. My son is away at college. Would he be able to watch with my account in his dorm?

• Technically he can, ethically he shouldn't.
    Since the account belongs to you, and not your son, if he used your login then the device would assume that you are present at the time; if you are however visiting him, then it would be fine, but if he's logging into to your account and you are not present, then it would be unethical, even if you had approved of it.
    But with all do honesty, an all access pass lasts an entire year and costs less than a new video game, granting access to a ton of anime, especially when you include the simulcasts, which is updated as each week of the season progresses.
    Since your son is an adult, I think it would be best for him to buy his own subscription, or you could look at gifting him one.

• Just a quick question. Me an my fiancee live together, would she be allowed to use my account at the same time I do? She's really into anime but I don't think paying for 2 subs for 1 house is really that fair, but I also don't want us both to be on the account at the same time then have my account terminated or banned just because we're both using it.

• @andrew135790:

Me an my fiancee live together, would she be allowed to use my account at the same time I do?

Shouldn't be a problem.

• Me and my fiancée don't live together, and she really loves anime too. Eventually we will be living together and we want to see if it is okay for her to watch it in a different household at the same time as me. If she were to Skype me to login to the account, it is like I am there would that count, since I am virtual being there to use the account. We want to live together but it is a income issue right now and it would make it harder on us if we paid for two accounts. It will be only me and her and we really love Funimation and we can't always be under the same roof. Is there any way to help us on this or ensure us that it will not be a problem as long as it wont be abused. Please Admin help us here.

• I haven't noticed this under a mobile device or laptop or not but if a couple are together under the same account and using different internet access due to traveling for instance for a job is it against the rules since they are technically under the same household? This has been a common part of my own daily life on numerous occasions when dating girls long term who have traveled between provinces to see family even if we are using separate laptops on a train and for myself going to university an hour away from home and connecting to the schools internet while waiting several hours between classes. Would this effect either me or them?

I'm also hoping to be a transfer student to Japan eventually for a year if I can get good grades to experience what it is like to be an Anthropologist and see how culture can be in various other parts of the world. This changes my access of internet everywhere I would go and the devices I tend to use to play anime. I wouldn't want to get in trouble and so far I only use Funimation on my laptop at home and school. As for Japan i assume I might lose access due to being in a different region if I do this.

• My 13 year old brother and I both LOVE FUNimation dubs and anime in general. We both have ps3's and have this app downloaded. I've noticed that only one of us can log in at a time (as opposed to Netflix where we just leave it on and don't worry about it). Is it a rule/specific setting that only lets one person be logged into the account at a time? Can we not both stream from our bedrooms?

Please get back to me! This is kind of annoying and I'd like some confirmation lol

• You guys are the Best!!!!!!!!!!

• is the 2 different household thing an enforced rule?

• would changing my password stop a person from being able to use my subscription on their xbox

• @0dder24:

would changing my password stop a person from being able to use my subscription on their xbox

It should unless they somehow get your new password as well.