Anyone watch Sgt Frog dubbed?

• At first I thought it might be really kiddish, but then I watched the whole first episode and found it amusing, and really funny. So I kept watching, and wow :) it's pretty awesome.

I really liked the "Jack Baur" and "Christian Bale" references and all the mainstream American references in the jokes :). It surprised me, cuz it's the first anime that I've watched that does this :).

So I wiki'd Sgt Frog and to my surprise, the anime started 2003. It suddenly didn't make sense XD, Dark Knight came out in 2008, how did… they know about Christian Bale and Lucius Fox using the smartphones to find Joker?

I haven't watched the sub yet, (and I'm not really planning to), but if it's the voice actors and ADR who changed up the joke to make it more modern, I think that's pretty cool :D :D

• Since there is a forum for Sgt Frog; I'm gonna move this topic there.

• @lambofgenesis:

the voice actors and ADR who changed up the joke to make it more modern, I think that's pretty cool :D :D

Scriptwriters, actually. ~_^

If you're enjoying them, mission accomplished.

• I've seen all the episodes of Sgt. Frog, and a large portion of the subbed episodes of Keroro Gunsou. I've also seen all 5 movies (subbed) and the 3 Kero shorts (subbed); Keep in mind that the only episodes reliably subbed are 1-158, so you'll miss out on the Shurara Corps, who appear in 159. You will, however, get to see Garuru's Platoon, who appears in 100.

I recommend checking out the subbed episodes. What would be cool is if FUNimation at least acquired rights to produce official subtitles. This would be a good platform for getting more dubbed episodes.