Is there going to be a second

• i watched the anime and played the game i love both. u cant jsut leave a awsome anime like this opend and u did whit the part of them heading back to the other world. that tells me that thir has to be a second in the works.

• Nope. No second season in the works ATM, sorry.

• There are currently no plans for a second season in the works. The series underperformed in Japan, which makes a continuation rather unlikely.

• Which is tragic, but not unexpected, as this show was essentially an apology from the anime industry for ~20 years of Shinji-esque testosterone-free male leads and the reason that we have had to suffer through "Shinjis" for so long is because they are, for some ridiculous "reason", what the Japanese otaku, primary purchasers of anime, want.

That said, the Japanese dub for this was terrible. Just awful. I can understand the Japanese not watching it simply because of that. The character voiced by Monica Rial in the dub was given that "woman voicing a little boy" voice in the Japanese dub, just to pick an example (there are so many) of the suck.

Hopefully this can make Anime Classics here in the US. If there's some justice left in the anime world, it will.

• yeah, they gave us a potential rapist instead. how awesome is that

• I've said this before, but I was under the impression that the other world's adventures didn't matter in the slightest, since the story was all about what the hero does when he's not being a hero

It's my assumption that, if there was to be a season 2, it would skip over the events in the other world entirely, and pick back up to when they return from their adventure that was the "cliffhanger" of the first season

• How he got to the other world and his journey to defeat the Demon King would probably make a more interesting story. those brief flashbacks we saw in the show give the impression he wasn't always a boring invincible hero

• @Getchman:

yeah, they gave us a potential rapist instead. how awesome is that

Since you missed it the first go-around, I was stating that Akatsuki was the _anti-_Shinji. As such, Akatsuki isn't a potential rapist as that would make him Shinji. Bleh.

…those brief flashbacks we saw in the show give the impression he wasn't always a boring invincible hero

Season One made it clear that Akatsuki was quite far from "invincible". Going back to his journey through the other world would be rather boring as we already know the ending and the gist of the story that would be told.

• sure seemed that way to me. The only person who could supposedly be a challenge for him was conveniently absent for most to of the show. Phil provided a challenge, but Akatsuki was never going to loose since he had a counter for everything Phil threw at him. Chii manipulation sure is handy

• @Getchman:

sure seemed that way to me. The only person who could supposedly be a challenge for him was conveniently absent for most to of the show. Phil provided a challenge, but Akatsuki was never going to loose since he had a counter for everything Phil threw at him. Chii manipulation sure is handy

Sounds like you missed the part where his friends (and others) had to take over because he was otherwise done for, as well as forgetting about Motoharu (Joel McDonald) who was able to negate Akatsuki's "uber" attack without effort. Besides, was not part of the reason that the Student Council President (Jerry Jewel) absent because he was charged by his shadowy confederates with observing Akatsuki to see if he measured up?

They're making the case that he's some sort of "chosen one", like every Shinji-esque protagonist. The Shinjis always win, they just have to be whiners about it every step of the way. Akatsuki doesn't moan about his fate or drag his heels when it comes time to do what needs doing, screaming how it "isn't fair" and he "doesn't want to do it" and all of that other Shinji-ish nonsense, he just does what needs doing with alacrity and he has fun doing it. If you only want protagonists the toe the Shinji line then there's no shortage of 'em out there.

In essence, your quoted complaint is that the hero faced a challenge and won. That doesn't seem like much of a complaint as criticism that abstract could be thrown at virtually every show.

• My complaint was that, to me, along with all the other issues the show had, was that it was boring. the moment Miu knocked the teacher off his ass and sent him to the infirmary and the Student Council Prez deemed Akatusiki a worthy opponent in that test they were given, they should have been transferred to a different Babel Academy. given him something to do other than beat up bullies, humiliate the Student Council Vice Prez, save his pathetic class from an out of control cockatrice hologram, constantly strip and molest women, humiliate Haruka, expand upon the bike and his father instead of doing almost nothing with it, encounter a student council vice prez who's not Haruka. anything would probably would have been more interesting than what we saw before Phil showed up.

I watched it twice, regrettably, and yes, his friends did step in, but frankly, they barely did anything. sure they gave Akatsuki more time to nullify that poison, but it would have happened with out their help. It was cool fight, but Phil very obviously never had a chance.

• I didn't really like the show, due to its surface plot that revolved around mistreating women, but I can definitely appreciate the fact that they tried something that isn't done often in anime, which is make the protagonist in a harem show very self-aware. Pretty much all of his actions were deliberate, and that added a degree of intelligence to something that was otherwise reserved for the lowest common denominator. It was a high mistreatment of women, but it was in a way that was completely different and somewhat less offensive than the trash that Maken-Ki! came up with

I really liked the game of beach tag where the winner would remove Akatsuki's swimsuit because it added a degree of intelligence when Akatsuki deliberately turned the tables on everybody chasing him. It could've started with a far more predictable "Get the most swimsuits in the allotted time!" but by going with the "Take his swimsuit to win!" it kinda made it smarter

I, for one, am very glad that Funimation dubbed this one, because at least they made the urinating scene sort of humorous. The original was borderline unwatchable with how uncomfortable it made me

• all of you who are bad mouthing the show need to just shut up, if you dont like it, dont watch it. I happen to agree that they need to make a second season but i am tired of reading your bitchy remarks about every little thing that you think the show writer did wrong. If you think you can do better then prove it.

• Oh no someone has a different opinion about a piece of fictitious media then I do! Let me join this forums specifically to chew them out instead of tolerating their view that is different from my own! #InternetProblems.

Not the best way to start out on a forum there Mr. Doger.

• @doger493:

all of you who are bad mouthing the show need to just shut up, if you dont like it, dont watch it. I happen to agree that they need to make a second season but i am tired of reading your bitchy remarks about every little thing that you think the show writer did wrong. If you think you can do better then prove it.

But how will I know I don't like it if I don't watch it?