The World is Still Beautiful

• Plot Synopsis (from CR's show page):

Nike, the fourth princess of the Rain Dukedom and one who holds the power to call forth the rain, travels to the Sun Kingdom to marry Sun King Livius for her country, despite her own reluctance. She soon discovers that the King, who conquered the world in only three years after his ascendance to the throne, is still a child!! Furthermore, for trivial reasons, he has demanded that Nike call forth the rain…!?

So this is pretty much my favorite show of the season. Granted I haven't really checked out very many other shows, but this one is getting so much right in terms of the characters and not going on long info dumps about the setting that I think it'd be hard to top. It's got it's share of cheese, but it's also very charming and pleasant. Nike will likely end up as one of my favorite lead characters this year.

• Finally watched episode 4! I love Nike and Livius so much and it's only been 4 episodes.

I'm curious how the show will continue to deal with the ethnic/class superiority issues.

Nike's a little too trusting of people, so the fact that she didn't see the priests interfering during the end of the trial coming is perfectly believable. Livius, on the other hand, I would be shocked to learn if didn't suspect that that would happen. With how overtly they are opposed to Nike and Livius' engagement, it's beyond foolish to think that they wouldn't have had contingencies in place in the event that Nike did succeed during the trial (and she did). That ring Livius gave her probably has some sort of magical power that will help her.

• Episode 4 was definitely better than 2 and 3. Big Evil Churches and political conspiracy is totally what I signed up for.

Though the Priest's reasoning is kinda silly. "Stop tainting our royal bloodline with your magic weather powers!" Right, because that's not a useful skill for a royal family to have.

• Surprised that they're showing such leniency after such a blatant attempt on Nike's life. Seriously, how can you trust somebody who has tried to murder you once to not do it again? Aristes' (or however you spell the guy's name) change at the end wasn't convincing, it felt far too forced.