The Pointless Argument Thread

• This is the place to come and engage in silly and pointless arguments, it’s meant to be obnoxious, frivolous fun. Basically it’s an opportunity for everyone to take that inner troll off the proverbial leash and allow it to run loose for a while.

I’ll start with a topic: Pepsi is an immensely superior cola drink to Coke. I think Coke tastes fine, but given the choice; I’ll go with Pepsi every time, I just think Pepsi is just a much better pop.

I find Pepsi to be sweeter, more quenching; it has that patented burn to it, no obnoxious aftertaste and has a better logo. This is especially true if it is consumed from the glass bottles, which by the way is the absolute best way to consume pop.

Although, the greatest cola drink ever made is Boylan’s Cane Cola made with cane sugar; not too sweet or bitter, just perfect. The runner up is Fentimens Cherry Tree Cola.

So yeah, Pepsi is better than Coke.

• @neonwalrus:

I’ll start with a topic: Pepsi is an immensely superior cola drink to Coke.

While I will agree that Pepsi PRODUCTS outclass Coke products in most soda mediums (Mountain Dew > Mello Yello, Sierra Mist > Sprite, Mug > Barq's, Aquafina > Dasani), but to say that Pepsi itself is a better cola than Coke is objectively incorrect due to its confusing aftertaste

• King is an amazing game company and makes great original content, Nintendo should be more like King instead of rehashing previously made games and selling them at full retail.

• @St0ck:

King is an amazing game company and makes great original content, Nintendo should be more like King instead of rehashing previously made games and selling them at full retail.

• I will take Coke over Pepsi any day, but I prefer Diet Pepsi to Diet Coke.

I was actually SUPER sad to see Crystal Pepsi not continue on. I really, really liked it. The soda I miss the most though was OK Soda.

Best soda is definitely anything by Maine Root, but particularly Doppleganger, which is the same recipe that Dublin Dr. Pepper was, which is to say, Dr. Pepper with cane sugar. That stuff straight up got me through college, no lie.

• @Riles:

, but to say that Pepsi itself is a better cola than Coke is objectively incorrect due to its confusing aftertaste

Pepsi has more bite to it with a sweeter flavor; which is why I say it's better.

@CJ:

I will take Coke over Pepsi any day, but I prefer Diet Pepsi to Diet Coke.

Woo, no diet pop for me, no thank you.

@CJ:

I was actually SUPER sad to see Crystal Pepsi not continue on. I really, really liked it. The soda I miss the most though was OK Soda.

I haven't had Crystal Pepsi in years, I remember that stuff, I remember SNL did a sketch called Crystal Gravy to parody the Crystal Pepsi.

@CJ:

Best soda is definitely anything by Maine Root, but particularly Doppleganger, which is the same recipe that Dublin Dr. Pepper was, which is to say, Dr. Pepper with cane sugar. That stuff straight up got me through college, no lie.

Sounds pretty good, I always love trying the pop that are lesser known, and it must be from the glass bottle.

• Anything from a glass bottle is always better… though these days if I'm drinking something from a glass bottle, it's usually not soda. ;)

Still, even the IBC Root Beer in the bottles is something I'll get occasionally in the summer. I swear bottles seem like they make things colder, and in Texas, having that refreshing burst of cold in the summertime heat is a must.

• Cheddar Cheese is better then American Cheese!!!

• This thread seems like it would be better at home on the "Fun & Game" section.

I'm gonna wait a while to see what sorts of "topics" we can generate here first. So in the mean-time, carry on.

• @CJ:

Anything from a glass bottle is always better… though these days if I'm drinking something from a glass bottle, it's usually not soda. ;)

I see what you’re implying, but for me, my only recreational drinks are pop, juice and iced tea; I can’t really have the other stuff, I may sample a sip of wine at a family gathering and the last one I had I stuck to water, a little Pepsi and some juice.

On the topic of juice, I really like that cranberry cherry juice that’s out, very good. I miss that strawberry Snapple iced tea; that was awesome and very nostalgic of my junior high school days because that was about the only time I could get it.

@CJ:

Still, even the IBC Root Beer in the bottles is something I'll get occasionally in the summer. I swear bottles seem like they make things colder, and in Texas, having that refreshing burst of cold in the summertime heat is a must.

I also find that the glass bottled Pepsi and other pop has fewer ingredients in it and real sugar as opposed to the corn syrup sweetening that the plastic bottle and can Pepsi use. I’m sure this is the same for Coke, which also tastes great in the glass bottle. The glass bottle pop is more expensive, but there’s less crap in it than when it’s from other containers.

About the Root Beer, I can't seem to find Hires Root Beer anywhere and that was my all time favorite Root Beer. It seems all that available is Barq's,Dad's and Mug; all of which are decent, but A&W Root Beer is my favorite that's out now; and watching Cat Planet Cuties always causes me to have a craving for it. I wonder why.

On the topic of pop, I really like that Vanilla Coke; it’s great, but we can’t get it in Canada anymore. It was available for a few years, then it was taken off the market here; the last time I had a Vanilla Coke was when I was in Hong Kong.

@Davidism:

This thread seems like it would be better at home on the "Fun & Game" section.

I was thinking about that when I created this thread, but then I thought, maybe put it in the Member’s Lounge for some of the casual chit chat we can get going here that’s about something other than anime.

This isn't really a fast flash make a claim and one person disagrees or agrees and move on; take some time to savior the topic, see where it goes, sometimes it can lead to some nice casual chit chat as I said earlier.

• @Soundmonkey44:

Cheddar Cheese is better then American Cheese!!!

All of your cheeseburgers are malignant filth

• Your waifu is not Best Girl. Fite me IRL

• @Renzokuken:

Your waifu is not Best Girl. Fite me IRL

Oh yeah? Well then why does she have more Beach Queens than your waifu?

• My Waifu is a cyborg therefore she beats all your waifus! :p

• Guys… neonwalrus made this thread in the hopes of getting some actual discussion, rather than single sentence replies. Try a little harder to keep this thread from being moved to Fun & Games. Thanks.

• @Davidism:

Guys… neonwalrus made this thread in the hopes of getting some actual discussion, rather than single sentence replies. Try a little harder to keep this thread from being moved to Fun & Games. Thanks.

I disagree completely, this thread is built for one-sentence replies, since all of these posted opinions are completely without legitimate data to back up these opinions, such as your own

• @neonwalrus:

On the topic of juice, I really like that cranberry cherry juice that’s out, very good.

OMG, I love the Ocean Spray Diet Cran-Cherry! It tastes like cherry kool-aid yet it's diet. I haven't tried the regular Cran-Cherry, I'm afraid the flavor may put me into sugar shock. As far as diet sodas, the only one I will drink is diet Dr. Pepper 'cause it tastes just like the regular Dr. Pepper to me. And for Coke vs. Pepsi, I'm a Coca-Cola fan. I prefer the taste, and I love the polar bears. <3