Angel Beats!

• Via ANN

Genres: action, comedy, drama, romance, supernatural
    Themes: amnesia, girls with guns, life after death, school, tragic past
    Objectionable content: Significant

Synopsis: It sucks being dead. It sucks even more to be trapped in a surreal afterlife where you're caught between the living and the dead - where a mysterious, violent Angel is trying to pull you over to… somewhere. What do you do? Well, if you're this group of rough-and-tumble teens, you grab every weapon you can get your hands on and give Heaven hell!

via TRSI:

Angel Beats! Blu-ray Complete Collection (Hyb)

Angel Beats! DVD Complete Collection (Hyb)

Contains episodes 1-13 plus the OVA

Special Features: Clean Opening Animation. Clean Closing Animation.

Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles.

• This was a lot of fun to watch! It had something for everyone, and it was kid friendly so that I could watch it with my daughter.

• I enjoyed this as well, but this really should have been a 24-episode series. There were too many good characters that could have been explored (how they each died, etc.) A lot of fans have been asking for a second season, and I can't really blame them. The ending, however, was par for the course for Key/Visual Arts, so another season isn't really happening.

• I really enjoyed this series. I also loved the ending of this anime. This is one of the few anime's that made me tear up at the end. I do agree, that it could have been longer, so we can get more character development from other characters.

• @conan1992:

I really enjoyed this series. I also loved the ending of this anime. This is one of the few anime's that made me tear up at the end. I do agree, that it could have been longer, so we can get more character development from other characters.

Spoiler I didn't care for the last episode that much, mostly the part when Yurippe disappeared before Kanade.

• "Spoiler alert"

Yeah! The ending struck a nerve for sure. I was happy to see that glimpse of the possible future where fate connects them somehow. Even if it was only for a moment!

• Yeah this series was phenomenal, one of my all time top five.
    Definitely do think it could have used more time to develop but i like the end, i thought it was totally appropriate for the series and the "reveal" there at the end i thought was awesome, really brought it together for me and explained one facet of the series better.

• Spoiler

I didn't get the ending, I don't understand how Angel made it there before Otonashi when Otonashi died before Angel and Angel was given Otonashi's heart. That was a huge problem for me for what otherwise should've been a great ending

• @Riles: It really doesn't matter who died first, or who got to purgatory before who. It's just one of those things where the less you think about it, the more you'll enjoy it.

• Defintelty could/should have been longer. But a fantastic show none the less. I din't have a problem with the ending. And like the tease of them meeting again in another life. Its not a show I would want another season on. But maybe an OVA or soemthing to see how some of the charcter have developed since moving on. But this is definetly one of my favorite series.

• I completely loved this series. . It blew my mind from just two episodes and I knew right then that I would like Angel Beats. Its story is phenomenal and it really makes you think of the afterlife and how people move on. A straight 10 out of 10 for this anime

• this anime was awsome and one of the only that made me cry at the end, i really connected with the characters and when angle never even kissed :(

• This show was hilarious. Somewhere between Metalocalypse and Faulkner on the "dumb-funny dark comedy" scale.

I thought that the alternate ending should have been the real ending as the real ending didn't have a sense of loss and really cemented the show as being the "non-ambiguous Haibane Renmei" in terms of the whole quasi-afterlife construct.

Haibane Renmei: fewer giant hammers and corpses but more fulfillment and more "feels"

• I liked the show a whole lot. But something caught my attention and I'm really curious about everyone's opinion on the matter. At the end of the show, Kanade tells Otonashi that his heart extended her life. But, why is it that Otonashi ended up in the afterlife AFTER Kanade?

• had the episdoe count not been slashed in half, they likely would have had time to explain this. best guess is that since Otanashi died fulfilled, he didn't need to go to the school afterlife. no idea where he was between the end of his life to showing up at the start of the show, but he was probably sent there to fix things

• Personally I credit ~MAGIC~ and ~BAD WRITING~