Quality Assurance?

• I think more time should be put into QC and general quality assurance of products. From what I've seen with some recent releases like Heaven's Lost Property Anime Classics edition, things like BD slipcovers on DVD cases shouldn't be happening. For whoever is working in Quality Assurance, please pay more attention to these things…. and if it's not that team at fault, SOMETHING needs to change so that we see these kinds of issues occurring far less than they seem to be recently.

Four other fairly recent issues including:

• the brightness of the retail Lain BDs being much higher than the original masters (JPN release),
    • the censored TV release of Sankarea on the original BD release,
    • the issue with the original print run of Psycho Pass boxes, and
    • the low-res artwork seen on the We Without Wings box set.

While some of these issues have been resolved, they shouldn't happen in the first place. If acquisitions does their due diligence in discussing all the materials available for license in North America and makes certain with the JPN licensor that they have all the content, the Quality Control department makes sure that all colour checking is correct on boxes / the correct content was sent to the mastering studio / the final retail version looks like the source material, etc, etc. people wouldn't need to worry about the aforementioned issues AND FUNimation would save a TON of money and time on issues that shouldn't happen in the first place.

There WAS a time when I could look at any FUNimation release and deem it as the definitive or at least a release with quality video, audio, etc., but now whether or not the release is a good one is far more up to discussion - only when the final product is on the shelves can I say that FUNimation put out a good release, where before I would have looked upon the release as a FUNimation "Seal of Quality".

--
    SIDE NOTE: Beyond these recent issues however, one thing that annoys me is that previously licensed content (from other NA distributors) is not included in FUNimation's releases. While some of these are not necessarily "essential" (like having ADV Notes from originally ADV licensed titles like Excel Saga), what happened to things like the OVA from the first season of Shana? Where did it go and why is the S1 re-release labelled "Complete" when the OVA url]http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency…e.php?id=6821] is not included (and in no other Shana release from FUNimation for that matter)?

• FWIW, when the box says "Complete", they mean "Complete TV Series" or "Complete Season One".

This is really excellent feedback. Could you please crosspost to www.funimation.com/support and select Product Concerns as the reason for contact? This is just so everything is documented in the system and will be seen by the right people.

Thanks!

• @Sophie:

FWIW, when the box says "Complete", they mean "Complete TV Series" or "Complete Season One".

This is really excellent feedback. Could you please crosspost to www.funimation.com/support and select Product Concerns as the reason for contact? This is just so everything is documented in the system and will be seen by the right people.

Thanks!

Alright, I added a little bit onto this and send it on through the support ticket system - hope some improvements can come out of this for the future.

And in terms of the box set names, I think it might be more descriptive to refer to the sets as "Complete Season One", etc. like you mentioned on all releases ALA Date A Live considering it would make those kinds of things more clear and what is meant by "Complete" - it's a little bit of a misnomer when "complete" should refer to all related content associated with a specific season of a show. Hence why calling the Date A Live set the "Complete First Season" while including the OVA is what I would consider the correct usage of the term "Complete First Season".

[[topic:guest-login-reply]]