Yen Press Licenses "A Certain Magical Index" Novels and More!

• http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-04-19/yen-press-adds-a-certain-magical-index-light-novels

Yen Press continues to be awesome. It's great that they're translating more and more light novels, and I hope they continue to bring over many more series in the future (like Baccano! and Durarara!!). Index should hopefully do well for them.

My favorite part of their announcements was the fact that they're releasing Pandora Hearts ~odds and ends~ in English. Already have the Japanese edition, but will definitely be picking that up in November. Hope they pick up Caucus Race and the guide books soon as well!

Might pick up the Another novel now that it's getting a print edition as well.

• I'm hoping they get the Kingdom Hearts Light Novels eventually.

• Sweet about time someone gets this an cant wait tell I get to start reading them

• Nice. Too dab they didn't get the Manga As well. Guess I still have to wait and see if Seven Seas gets it nor not.

• Yo, how is Yen's press translations and their books, such as paper and printing - I haven't ordered from them yet. It's just been Viz Media for me. And even with viz,…well it's not a big deal, but a manga I got from them had a bad printing issue on the rights page section near the end of the book.

• @AnimeTalk:

Yo, how is Yen's press translations and their books, such as paper and printing - I haven't ordered from them yet. It's just been Viz Media for me. And even with viz,…well it's not a big deal, but a manga I got from them had a bad printing issue on the rights page section near the end of the book.

I've purchased a lot of Yen Press titles and they do a good job with paper and printing, no issues with that so far.

If honorifics bother you then you might not like their manga translations because they tend to leave them in, even in stories like Black Butler and Pandora Hearts, both of which have European settings (England for BB, England/France mix for PH). I've purchased their Haruhi and Spice and Wolf light novel translations and both are well done. S&W doesn't have honorifics, and it's been a while since I read one of their Haruhi books but I don't think those had the honorifics left in either.

I have stumbled across the awkwardly worded phrase in their translations, but for the most part I don't have significant problems.

• I'm happy they got The Devil is a Part Timer! LN I can't wait for the second season of the anime it had the sales in Japan to warrant one (I think it had 7,000 sales per volume which is very good for one cour), but Whitefox was busy with other series so I'm sure sometime down the road we will get it. But at least I can read the LN now so I'm super happy about this I've been wanting to know forever about what happens next. I'm going to be preordering it once Amazon puts up the cover art so I can tell which one is which sometimes their product descriptions are misleading I hope I don't accidentally get the manga version instead. -__-

Black Bullet LN is also on my to buy list I loved the anime despite what I heard of it being rushed and the studio putting a whole volume into one or two episodes.

Durarara!! is on the list as well since we are finally getting it. Yen is easily my favorite manga company!

I want Yen to get the K novels too, but that will most likely go to Viz since they got the anime. I really want to read and own them thats pretty much the only other LNs I'm interested in buying besides the three above atm.

I really hope this means the Western market will be open to bringing more LNs over in the future just like the video game industry has been bringing over VNs on steam and physical releases.

• I'm looking forward to a very new LN series coming in June, called The Isolator. I'm interested in seeing how the author of this series does in venturing into uncharted territory.

• I hope this becomes an even bigger tread and that light novels become more popular so we can get more translations. I'm looking forward to reading A Certain Magical Index. :)

• For all you Durarara!! fans, the Baccano! LN's will be coming to the U.S. next year.

• Yen Press has announced at Anime Expo that they have licensed Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers. It's the only light novel among their most recent group of acquisitions.

• While the forums were down, a new company entered the light novel licensing field. It is called J-Novel Club, and it primarily publishes light novels on digital platforms such as Kindle and Nook. At the moment, they are working on ten titles, mostly obscure ones; I bring this company up because two of those titles are Occultic;Nine and Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash. The company has announced a collaboration with Seven Seas Entertainment to publish print versions of those two titles. (For comparison, Yen Press has the rights to the Grimgar manga.)

• Yen Press just announced new titles at Sakura-Con. Among the titles are Saga of Tanya the Evil and ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Department.

• Latest license acquisition by J-Novel Club: Clockwork Planet, whose anime adaptation is currently airing. Incidentally I find this out right after watching the latest simulcast episode.

• Seven Seas has just announced they'll be bringing print editions of two more of J-Novel Club's titles: Clockwork Planet and Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest. Oh, and they're also bringing the Toradora LN's to the U.S. as well.

• I've heard of VR games and VR movies, but VR books? No new licensing announcements this time, but this little thing posted on Crunchyroll piqued my interest; evidently a company called MyDearest is working on a VR light novel.

I can only imagine how this concept could be applied, especially around books where some form of virtual reality is an integral aspect. You know the ones I'm talking about; the company is even calling this concept "FullDive Novels."