From The Creators of "Does Anybody Even Care About That?"

• First off; as always, I wanna thank FUNimation for continuing to do some great work giving English dubs to anime.

Secondly, I STILL have issues with the anime industry continuing to churn out badly-written shows featuring spineless / non-existent shounens. But my blame mainly goes to the audience who continues to buy said shows and support said industry that makes these shows. So I decided to move on. But before I do, I wish to get this out of the way:

In every other trailer, there's "From The Creators Of 'I Beat The Crap Out Of My Big Bro & He Enjoys It.'" I DON'T EVEN LIKE THAT SHOW. And it annoys me that an anime I'm trying to enjoy is made by the same people that made an animu title I wanted nothing to do with.

Mentioning that the creators of "show A" is responsible for "show B." I don't know if it's a standard or something else. My hope is that you guys over at FUNi can cut back on it only because it's annoying. Everyone else will probably have a different opinion on it, but I just find it annoying.

At any rate; thanks in advance for reading this.

• You mention Shonen crap but oddly forget to mention, ecchi, harem, loli & more crap…..seems your just angry because not everyone has the same biases as you for or against shows.

Also, Funimation doesn't control what the people in Japan make...

Now I won't say I disagree with the initial statement, there's an arse-load of crappy anime, but as the rule goes, 90% of everything is crap. :p

But yea, This thread reeks of fanbrat stupidity & bias! This is basically SPAM!

• I, uh…that's the point, isn't it? To let you know that maybe you'll like this show or maybe you won't based on their track record?

• The Funimation ads for Michiko and Hatchin and Woman Called Fujiko Mine were hilarious because of this as they both referenced the other to back themselves up. Admittedly most of the humor came from Funimation playing the ads in quick succession an industry panel but still.

I can't say that I like this sort of recommendation technique much myself as it doesn't seem to do anything but get my hopes up. For example: Attack on Titan is billed as being from the director of Death Note. Titan is nothing like Death Note itself, of course, and the direction of the series was nothing like Death Note (much to my disappointment).

Okay, the Funimation forum is fail-tastic with YouTube links.

!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3xwSP-kDiE#t=25 (Fujiko trailer states "From director of Hatchin", 25 sec in)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQmWrRZKS60#t=61 (Hatchin trailer states "From director of Fujiko", 61 sec in)

• If the show comparisons in the trailers didn't make a difference, then I'm sure FUNimation would stop using them. But obviously they are, so they keep doing it.

Comparing one show that's by the creator of another, more popular show is nothing new. Hollywood's done it for decades. And it works. Regardless of whether the show in question is any good or not, slapping on "from the director of Cowboy Bebop" or "the creators of Fullmetal Alchemist" is guaranteed to, if nothing else, make people stop and pay attention. And when they stop and pay attention, that leads to more sales. And more sales, of course, leads to more anime being made in Japan and more of it getting licensed here in America.

And just because YOU personally don't like the show it's being compared to, doesn't mean that Joe Shmo isn't going to read that description and get excited about it. A sale is a sale, and whatever method is used to get that sale is fair game.

But yeah, I think this thread has gone on long enough. :P