Eren X Mikasa anyone?

• Does anyone else other than me that Eren might fall in love with Mikasa later on?

• I don't really think that's the kind of thing that most Attack on Titan fans think about. AoT isn't the kind of show that makes you think "Who will hook up with who" as much as it is "Who's gonna get eaten this week."

• mikasa likes eren but eren finds it annoying how over protective she is. personally I ship erenxlevi

• @SpacemanHardy:

I don't really think that's the kind of thing that most Attack on Titan fans think about. AoT isn't the kind of show that makes you think "Who will hook up with who" as much as it is "Who's gonna get eaten this week."

I agree, but since Zethus brought it up, I might as well say my thoughts about it. Their relationship might work out beyond friendship given the right circumstances, anything's possible…or whatever.

• @Zethus:

Does anyone else other than me that Eren might fall in love with Mikasa later on?

Mikasa certainly loves Eren, but whether it remains unrequited or not hinges on several factors. The primary factor: Eren clearly sees Mikasa as a sister, so unless something drastically alters that perception, as much as I hate to say it, it's highly unlikely.

• @falconeml:

Mikasa certainly loves Eren, but whether it remains unrequited or not hinges on several factors. The primary factor: Eren clearly sees Mikasa as a sister, so unless something drastically alters that perception, as much as I hate to say it, it's highly unlikely.

This. If Isayama's trying to keep Mikasa's feelings purely as sisterly love for her adoptive brother, then I'm not buying what he's selling. There's a scene later on in the manga that felt like she was right about to confess to him. Eren, however, shows no real romantic interest in her, or anybody else for that matter. Annie could be arguable, but I think he just has a lot of respect for her. Eren treats Mikasa like a sister, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

This series isn't really good for shipping anyway. Characters have to be alive to end up together. There's a select handful that seems pretty safe right now and probably will remain safe until the final arc, but at that time I wouldn't be surprised to see that safety disappear.

• I'm sure they "fall in love" online somewhere. Rule 34 and all.

(brings laptop into the bathroom)

• This really isn't the sort of series that seems preoccupied with characters hooking up by the end. As far as personal feelings on the matter go, It's very one sided. I'm fairly certain that Mikasa has romantic feelings for Eren, but to him, Mikasa is more like an overbearing big sister. That might change as the series goes on, but at this point, it strictly seems like something to build Mikasa's characterization rather than a legitimate subplot.

• Mikasa is yes in love with Eren and will likely not fall in love with anyone else. To her Eren is everything and she would go to hell and back for him, kill anyone in the process, and with no questions asked . Eren is too focused on moving forward to notice how Mikasa actually feeling about him. To him the only thing in life that matters in making all of the titans pay. He is so focused on revenge, that he doesn't realize that anyone close to him could have those feeling. Towards the end of part 2 you see that he confused about what he should be feeling towards Annie. This shows that he is starting to become aware of feelings of attraction. Eren will have to be told by someone else or by Mikasa in simple terms for him to become aware of how she feels for him. Even if he became aware of her feeling and actually understood what they meant. He wouldn't start having feelings of affection towards Mikasa, until he got his revenge or if he was about to lose her. In a show like this (AoT - Dark Fantasy) I wouldn't be surprised if one of them (Eren or Mikasa) died right when they be both confessed and acknowledge their love for each other.

• There is no romance at all between these two. However, their love for each other is stronger than almost any other couple I have ever seen in an anime (or any other deep story). It's just not anything at all like the normal infatuation/grounding/life-building stages normal people go through. That's part of what makes this show so different and so great and so realistic. In the ongoing apocalypse that they are living through, people who must face reality eye-to-eye (and weren't able to hide from it inside the third wall) like Eren and Mikasa have had to since childhood just haven't got the luxury to enjoy a relationship like that. I predict, if they both live–which neither might--that they will jump from the living-through-a-nightmare-apocalypse stage straight to building-a-life-together stage outside the wall somewhere and would be able to love each other more thoroughly and completely than most. Also, no one could love them the way they could love each other because so few would be able to relate to their ravaged psyches, even if they wanted to try. What a great show--so much psychology to mine in what these people are going through and it is also so well presented. Terrifyingly remarkable.