The Buddy Complex Guide to Time Travel

• For those of you who are still a bit confused about the temporal shifts that occurred during the show, here's an explanation for everything that happened.

In Spoiler space for those who don't wish it to be spoiled:

!
    ! First thing to get out of the way is whether at the end of Ep.13, is if the current timeline a divergence?
    ! -No Divergent timeline was created, yet both events happened.
    ! -The reason for these dual outcomes is the link attempt between Skyknight and Firebrand (The link Prototypes) that happened in Ep. 11. Aoba attempts the link, and it both succeeds and fails (The afterimage of the Valiancer falling after Aoba attempts the link) which then all of a sudden it succeeds and Aoba and Dio share memories.
    ! -This dual outcome event in Ep.11 causes both events in Episode 13 to happen.
    -So when the link failed, Dio stops Aoba because he doesn't have Aoba's memory and stops Aoba from saving Hina from the time loop.
    -When the link in Ep.11 succeeds Dio helps Aoba save Hina, because he has Aoba's memories and understands what's going on.
    ! Darth Bizon can't act against Aoba, until the event occurs that sends him back to the past to become what he is at the end of Ep.13 or he jeopardizes the timeline, and his rise to power. At first I thought it was Ep.1 Bizon, but after rewatching the series, it's Ep. 13 Bizon.
    (Ep.1 Bizon's ship self destructed with him in it)
    !

• I agree with your reasoning for the most part. The episode 11 paradox makes sense when you put it in that perspective as a variable that breaks the chain. That being said I assume

! that the third time tunnel was the one that Bizon that appeared in ep. 13 fell out of in the past. If that's the case then all they need to address in the next season is how the process started, and from where and when Hina was from originally.

• @RoyalRaider:

I agree with your reasoning for the most part. The episode 11 paradox makes sense when you put it in that perspective as a variable that breaks the chain. That being said I assume

! that the third time tunnel was the one that Bizon that appeared in ep. 13 fell out of in the past. If that's the case then all they need to address in the next season is how the process started, and from where and when Hina was from originally.

Not when Hina was from originally, but WHO she was originally. (and I have an idea on that point)

! Since she has the same color eyes and the slight hair color change could be from aging, I suspect Hina and Lt.Cdr Kleinbeck are the same person.