FUNimation New Title Solicitations (July '14)

• Did you ever think the one reason you aren't as informed as you want to be is because Funimation isn't as informed as they want to be? Not like the Japanese companies that make/distribute these shows are the easiest to work with. Hell working with other companies in general even domestic ones can be a hassle at times. There countless factors you're not taking into account just because you want something. :/

• @Soundmonkey44:

Did you ever think the one reason you aren't as informed as you want to be is because Funimation isn't as informed as they want to be? Not like the Japanese companies that make/distribute these shows are the easiest to work with. Hell working with other companies in general even domestic ones can be a hassle at times. There countless factors you're not taking into account just because you want something. :/

If that's the case, why'd they even bother announcing that first release date in February? Even you have to admit that there was some poor planning going on, regardless of which side of the distribution it was/wasn't/et cetera.

• It's very similar to how UDON kept botching (still botching?) their release schedules…it seemed like the problem was they announced releases before they actually knew that they were able to publish/distribute their products.

• @axlegear83:

If that's the case, why'd they even bother announcing that first release date in February? Even you have to admit that there was some poor planning going on, regardless of which side of the distribution it was/wasn't/et cetera.

Meh, these things happen. Shit Happens, life goes on. :p

Yeah it's nice when things come out fast, but it doesn't always happen. I'd like Bebop to come out faster, but it won't kill me to keep waiting.

• I agree about how it really blows that there was a confirmed Evangelion 3.33 release due February from Funimation and how it was abruptly changed. As a consumer, I am disappointed, but I also understand that there are factors beyond Funimation’s control that have a profound influence on when a title is permissible for release. Aside from that, it’s really not a big loss, there are other shows that can hold me over; it’s not like Evangelion is the only good show they have.

I think one of the factors is that Evangelion 3.33 had to run its course throughout theaters during January. Obviously, having the release for the Blu-ray in February at that point would be pointless, stupid and just bad marketing, after all; why bother seeing it in the theaters when people can watch it in the comfort of their own homes in Japanese or English because it would come out on Blu-ray in a month?

I have run across a few anime, no, sorry, correction; Hard Core Evangelion Enthusiasts already going on the “Fuck Funimation” warpath bandwagon because “they postponed a title I wanted and how dare they!”

Unfortunately, these days in the anime community and fandom, ignorance on various topics is encouraged rather than logical consistency and intellectual honesty and misguided blind anger at a North American distribution company is no exception.

I will admit, as a long time anime fan and customer, it would be greatly appreciated if Funimation could provide some information about the tentative release of Evangelion 3.33. Say, a ballpark estimate in the form of “Evangelion should be out sometime later this fall.”

If there is no information in that regard, then some sort of formal announcement or even a thread started on this forum letting everyone know the basic idea of what’s going on and why there’s a delay or lack of information; under the conditions that such information can be disclosed. If not, then it can’t be helped.

• Evangelion's delay timing is certainly better than Sankarea's, at least

EDIT: On the plus side, it has a new tentative release date of December 12th, 2027

• @neonwalrus:

I will admit, as a long time anime fan and customer, it would be greatly appreciated if Funimation could provide some information about the tentative release of Evangelion 3.33. Say, a ballpark estimate in the form of “Evangelion should be out sometime later this fall.”

If there is no information in that regard, then some sort of formal announcement or even a thread started on this forum letting everyone know the basic idea of what’s going on and why there’s a delay or lack of information; under the conditions that such information can be disclosed. If not, then it can’t be helped.

THIS…a thousand times THIS. It wouldn't kill them to simply post a "we're working on it" statement.

• Regarding 3.33, if you guys want an idea from someone who has experience waiting for a delayed title…Strike Witches 2 was supposed to be out in February of 2012, but got pushed back to late October. So chances are it'll still be some time before we hear any word on it.

• @Riles:

On the plus side, it has a new tentative release date of December 12th, 2027

I saw that when I was checking over my orders with Rightstuf and I have to admit I got a pretty good chuckle out of it.

@7jaws7:

Regarding 3.33, if you guys want an idea from someone who has experience waiting for a delayed title…Strike Witches 2 was supposed to be out in February of 2012, but got pushed back to late October. So chances are it'll still be some time before we hear any word on it.

Yes, I remember that and I can see how, if you’re really into a particular series how that experience would be unpleasant. I think something happened with Rosario + Vampire where there was a massive delay as well if I’m not mistaken.

In the grand scheme of things, it would be awesome if Evangelion was coming out sooner, or Funimation could divulge some information to us, however; from the way things appear; we have to consider the possibility that Funimation may not be in a position to reveal any information. I believe some empathy and understanding from the fans for this would be the proper course of action.

Lastly; it's only a Blu-ray, we'll get it in good time, in the mean time; there are plenty of great shows coming out. I also hope that a release date for Cowboy Bebop is soon announced.

• This post is deleted!

• @Riles:

Evangelion's delay timing is certainly better than Sankarea's, at least

EDIT: On the plus side, it has a new tentative release date of December 12th, 2027

Despite being thirteen years away, I find the fact there is a actually date rather then some vague time period comforting even if the date may not be true

• Yeah it's a placeholder date, and a hillarious one at that. XD

• These things happen, unfortunately. If I recall correctly, My Bride is a Mermaid was delayed 3 or 4 times before it finally got released. And just last year, Fam the Silver Wing got pushed back something like a full 7 months the week before it was supposed to come out (perhaps GONZO is to blame in both these cases?).

At least with 3.33, we at least KNOW that FUNimation has it and that it IS coming out. It's a much better situation than with Battle of Gods or Hellsing: U 9 & 10 to where we're not even sure if they've licensed them at all or not.

• Assuming there's validity to what all of you are saying, then why was Manga UK able to post that release date in August after the knock-over effect that the American delay caused? Aren't they being held under the same conditions as us, considering that they've claimed that their delay is being caused/influenced by ours?

I still feel like there's either a lot of miscommunication or corporate backpedaling going on (granted, there's sadly nothing unique in both cases). I really wouldn't believe that the British distribution is somehow different then our situation if they weren't having to delay their release too. (On that matter, did their theatrical showings even start, or is that just another bit of rumor/speculation/et cetera?)

• Delays happen all the time, dude. Just because it's finally happened with something you're interested in buying doesn't mean it's suddenly become a significant problem that needs an explanation

• @axlegear83:

Assuming there's validity to what all of you are saying, then why was Manga UK able to post that release date in August after the knock-over effect that the American delay caused? Aren't they being held under the same conditions as us, considering that they've claimed that their delay is being caused/influenced by ours?

I still feel like there's either a lot of miscommunication or corporate backpedaling going on (granted, there's sadly nothing unique in both cases). I really wouldn't believe that the British distribution is somehow different then our situation if they weren't having to delay their release too. (On that matter, did their theatrical showings even start, or is that just another bit of rumor/speculation/et cetera?)

-Funimation hasn't provided a set release for Eve 3.33

-Terrorism

• I think they'll cancel Eva 3.33's DVD/BD release and let another company like Aniplex to handle it.

• @Zethus:

I think they'll cancel Eva 3.33's DVD/BD release and let another company like Aniplex to handle it.

I seriously doubt that.

• @Zeether:

I seriously doubt that.

It was just a possibility and it's a low possibility indeed.

• EVA is not produced by Aniplex, so Aniplex USA cant touch it