Sankarea Re Release

• Dear #Funamation I have not found a solid way of contacting you so I will attempt too with this Thred.
    In regards with this series. I was hoping you or someone else could tell me how do I go about getting this series now or when you will be releasing the re release? I love this show and I would love to add it to my library. So any information on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Also will it include the ova. If you can get back to me sooner or latter hopefully sooner I would appreciate it :) thank you again.

Rom116soulder

• they have not announced a release date yet

• They should had already tho, I mean the dubb was released last year rite, so all they have to do is change the rateing and some of the film. There shouldn't be much to deal with. Am I rite? If not please say so and tell me what I'm missing.

• It's a bit more complicated than that. They first have to get the unedited video masters from Japan, re-time the dub audio, redesign the packaging to accommodate for the change in rating, re-author the discs, re-press the discs, re-package the discs, get the discs out to all the resellers, etc. etc. etc.

And given how long it can take just to get the proper materials in from Japan, there's a chance they MIGHT not have even been able to start on it yet.

• Getting the uncensored version from Japan starts first. We'll have no idea when that happens.

• At this point, they should just create two different SKUs for it. Put the current release out as the "TV Broadcast Version" and re-release the "Uncut Edition" later when they have it.

• So rather than to wait, how can I get it now?? Rights tuff isn't selling neither is this site.

And thanx guys I had no idea that they had to go threw all of that yet again.

• Quick question how did u guys get your profile pic to work cause I can't on my iPad for some reason also spacemanhardy how did u get that cool image at the end of each of your posts

• @rom116soulder:

So rather than to wait, how can I get it now?? Rights tuff isn't selling neither is this site.

You can't. It was recalled so they would be able to re-do the release with the uncut masters this time.

EDIT: Spoke too soon, it looks like Amazon has some of the edited broadcast version.

• @rom116soulder:

Quick question how did u guys get your profile pic to work cause I can't on my iPad for some reason also spacemanhardy how did u get that cool image at the end of each of your posts

For your avatar, it has to be either 150 x 150 pixels or less than 300kbs. Also, it has to be a file uploaded directly from your computer or device; you can't link to your avatar picture.

For your signature, you can edit it by going into your account and clicking "Edit account and settings", then scrolling down to the bottom of your page. You can link to your signature, but it has to fit with 450 by 150 pixels.

• Thank you all for your info and help :)

• If any of you hear anything about this subject before me please inform me on here :)

• So why is the Sub still censored for elite users?

• Because FUNi doesn't have the uncensored version available for anyone yet.

• @napomkillz:

So why is the Sub still censored for elite users?

Pretty sure all subs are censored. At least, Freezing's sub is censored while its dub is uncensored

• 2 months on -nearly three-, and I have found no info. I know it takes a while but it's been about a frigen year, you sure they haven't just forgotten about it or something

• @royalkiller267:

2 months on -nearly three-, and I have found no info. I know it takes a while but it's been about a frigen year, you sure they haven't just forgotten about it or something

It's my guess that Japan made their deal and provided "materials" so their deal is done. Funi is probably fighting with the Japanese to get the correct materials without having to pay additional fees. I don't think they will forget about it because they are out a lot of money if they don't re-release it.

I am one of the people that bought it so I am looking forward to Funi eventually re-releasing the uncut version and I'll keep waiting until Funi makes it happen.

• @royalkiller267:

2 months on -nearly three-, and I have found no info. I know it takes a while but it's been about a frigen year, you sure they haven't just forgotten about it or something

Oh you can be sure they haven't forgotten about it, but yeah these things can take awhile and there's not much more they can say other then "it will be out sometime in the future".

• I was kinda disappointed that I missed getting the initial release as well. By the time I had heard that they finally released it had already been recalled and we have been in the dark regarding a re-release. I also hope something gets mentioned about this series soon.

• I think perhaps the wrong assumption is made in thinking that the Masters from Japan were actually censored. They are not in the habit of censoring their stuff and so wouldn't have gone through the added work and cost of censoring the material before sending it to Funimation for use. It is more likely that Funimation did the censoring, just as they did the sub\dub work as well. The delay is as a previous posted noted about the rework that has to be done on the video itself (not audio as that is a different track). They then have to add it in to the list of DVD\Blu-ray to be created. Now as they had never intended to have to do that initially that means that they either have to wait for a break in the schedule of releases or they have to bump something back further to make the room. It is doubtful they would push back something that has already been announced just to make room for something else. More than likely the new release will be added into the rotation at the end of the list once they are ready to go with it. Probably the later part of next year would be my guess.

• @Judged:

I think perhaps the wrong assumption is made in thinking that the Masters from Japan were actually censored. They are not in the habit of censoring their stuff

yes they are are. several shows are censored for Japanese TV every season. Sankarea was one of them.