Disturbing Anime moments

• WARNING!!!: DO NOT ENTER IN THIS FORUM THREAD IF YOU'RE TOO SCARED TO ENTER. May contains descriptions of violence, nudity, gore, and/or death.
    Anime can be full of laughs and fun, but sometimes they might scare your pants off with disturbing and/or gruesome images that make us think "What The Heck Am I Watching? Is this really what I'm seeing? Please Make It Stop!?"

You can post about a disturbing scene that gives you nightmares, even up to this day.

• The entirety of Mad Bull 34

• @Renzokuken:

The entirety of Mad Bull 34

How is it disturbing?

• @Renzokuken:

The entirety of Mad Bull 34

I think you mean the most "AWESOME" anime moments. :P

For me, it was nearly every episode of Shigurui. That show made it it's goal to shock, horrify, and overall upset it's viewers in cruel and unusual ways. Some of the more "unique" scenes in the show are (WARNING: NSFW; definitely not for the squeamish):

! • A man knocking out another man's eyeball, putting it in his mouth, chewing it up, then spitting out the gore
    • The same man mentioned above performing autofellatio upon himself
    • A different man snapping the nipple off of a prostitute's breast
    • Yet another man taking said nipple and EATING it
    • A guy getting punched so hard his teeth stick into the other man's hand
    • A close up scene of a sword slashing one guy's eyeballs
    • One man pulling out his own intestines as an offering of loyalty to his master
    • And last but not least…. a full, almost uncensored BIRTH SCENE

Some other memorable scenes are of course the infamous

! fingernails scene from Higurashi,
    ! Nishi's death from Gantz, and last but certainly not least….
    ! the puppy scene from Elfen Lied.

• @SpacemanHardy:

I think you mean the most "AWESOME" anime moments. :P

For me, it was nearly every episode of Shigurui. That show made it it's goal to shock, horrify, and overall upset it's viewers in cruel and unusual ways. Some of the more "unique" scenes in the show are (WARNING: NSFW; definitely not for the squeamish):

! • A man knocking out another man's eyeball, putting it in his mouth, chewing it up, then spitting out the gore
    • The same man mentioned above performing autofellatio upon himself
    • A different man snapping the nipple off of a prostitute's breast
    • Yet another man taking said nipple and EATING it
    • A guy getting punched so hard his teeth stick into the other man's hand
    • A close up scene of a sword slashing one guy's eyeballs
    • One man pulling out his own intestines as an offering of loyalty to his master
    • And last but not least…. a full, almost uncensored BIRTH SCENE

Some other memorable scenes are of course the infamous

! fingernails scene from Higurashi,
    ! Nishi's death from Gantz, and last but certainly not least….
    ! the puppy scene from Elfen Lied.

That would make a person hide from the world, isolated inside a bubble.

• I'll second the

! fingernail-ripping scene from HIgurashi. That series had it's fair share of disturbing scenes but that one springs to mind for this kind of topic almost immediately.

The scene in the very beginning of Darker than Black where the guy has to break his own fingers as part of his contract got me to cringe a little.

Deadman Wonderland:

! When Crow's eye gets taken out. Even though it was censored I still had to look away for that one. Similarly in Pandora Hearts, I winced when
    ! Alyss took Break's eye. but it didn't trigger quite the same reaction as DW did. I'm just really sensitive about my eyes.

Umineko's got several scenes, much like its sister series Higurashi.

! Happy Halloween for Maria standing out in my mind, along with Rosa
    ! being presented with various dishes made from her deceased family members, including her daughter's severed head being served on a silver platter. Oh, and Ange
    ! "melting" into a puddle of meat.

• Good Old Gore to start out.

• That scene in Kiss x Sis where

• @Riles:

That scene in Kiss x Sis where

Where what?

• I liked seeing that girl get stabbed by an umbrella in "Another" for some reason. It was amusing.

• AKIRA's blob scene is some good shit, along with the entirety of Genocyber; wish they had that kind of detail in horror movies