New Forum Post Policy

• As of today, the FUNimation Forum will only accept the term "cartoon" for Japanese animated content and "comic" for Japanese visual novels. This decision was based on user feedback and FUNimation's own research on the subject. Thank you very much for your understanding, and we welcome any feedback on this new policy in this thread.

Update: Thanks to all of your feedback, FUNimation has reversed its the policy. "Anime" and "Manga" are once again acceptable terms on the forum.

• You have no idea how much this made me smile. :D Thank you for brightening my day.

Now to get through my afternoon class so I can get to watching some cartoons.

• Logic triumphs again!

• I agree with this Cartoons are best anime after all!

• Oh, I see, you updated the censor to replace every instance of c-a-r-t-o-o-n with cartoon

Look who thinks she's Clever Dan!

I laughed

• Bullies! Tyrants! Literally Hitler!

Cartooooooooonies 4eva!

• Best cartoons of 2014 Kill La Kill, My Little Pony Season 4, Upcoming Sailor Moon Reboot & Adventure Time! :p

• It's just an April Fools present.

• If I say "April Fools" in this forum, It translate to "Happy Birthday". What happens If I Say "Easter" in this forum?

• I can't even say April Fools in this site. What's next? FUNimation to produce their own cartoons to rival Disney and Nick. FUNimation to development the Live-Action Evangelion movie and teaming up with Warner Bros. to release it in theaters in 3D.

• What does that mean?

• โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–„โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–„โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘
    โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–Œโ–’โ–ˆโ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–„โ–€โ–’โ–Œโ–‘โ–‘โ–‘
    โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–Œโ–’โ–’โ–ˆโ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–„โ–€โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘
    โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–โ–„โ–€โ–’โ–’โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–€โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘
    โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–„โ–„โ–€โ–’โ–‘โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–ˆโ–’โ–’โ–„โ–ˆโ–’โ–โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘
    โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–„โ–€โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–€โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–€โ–’โ–Œโ–‘โ–‘โ–‘
    โ–‘โ–‘โ–โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–„โ–„โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–€โ–„โ–’โ–’โ–Œโ–‘โ–‘
    โ–‘โ–‘โ–Œโ–‘โ–‘โ–Œโ–ˆโ–€โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–„โ–€โ–ˆโ–„โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–ˆโ–’โ–โ–‘โ–‘
    โ–‘โ–โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–Œโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–€โ–’โ–’โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–€โ–„โ–Œโ–‘
    โ–‘โ–Œโ–‘โ–’โ–„โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–„โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–Œโ–‘
    โ–€โ–’โ–€โ–โ–„โ–ˆโ–„โ–ˆโ–Œโ–„โ–‘โ–€โ–’โ–’โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–โ–‘
    โ–โ–’โ–’โ–โ–€โ–โ–€โ–’โ–‘โ–„โ–„โ–’โ–„โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–‘โ–’โ–‘โ–’โ–‘โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–Œ
    โ–โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–€โ–€โ–„โ–„โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–„โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–‘โ–’โ–‘โ–’โ–‘โ–’โ–’โ–โ–‘
    โ–‘โ–Œโ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–‘โ–’โ–‘โ–’โ–‘โ–’โ–‘โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–Œโ–‘
    โ–‘โ–โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–‘โ–’โ–‘โ–’โ–‘โ–’โ–’โ–„โ–’โ–’โ–โ–‘โ–‘
    โ–‘โ–‘โ–€โ–„โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–‘โ–’โ–‘โ–’โ–‘โ–’โ–„โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–Œโ–‘โ–‘
    โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–€โ–„โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–€โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–„โ–€โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘
    โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–€โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–„โ–„โ–€โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘
    โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–’โ–€โ–€โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘โ–‘

• @Zethus:

What does that mean?

This.

• 20 years of dubbing those anime or Japanese Cartoons. Hopes to FUNimation for another 20 years.

• @Zethus:

I can't even say April Fools in this site. What's next? FUNimation to produce their own cartoons to rival Disney and Nick. FUNimation to development the Live-Action Evangelion movie and teaming up with Warner Bros. to release it in theaters in 3D.

Does anyone take a joke for once. It's Robots in Disguise.

• Damn you Micheal Bay!!!
    http://youtu.be/sXoYK4b_q24

• Funimation will only accept the term "cartoon"? Please tell me this a April fools joke because it is beyond stupid!!

• The policy is official as of today.

• @Habeke In all seriousness, Japanese Animations ARE STILL CARTOONS! Acting like toon is a derogatory word or somehow lesser then a Japanese animation is flat out WRONG!

I think that's part of the point of this Little exercise on top of the joke.

I for one Would LOVE to see Funimation distribute U.S. Toons as well! Maybe team up with Cartoon Network and get The rest of Edd, Edd N Eddy out on DVD already ! Or even better, Dexter's Lab & Samurai Jack Blu-Rays! Now that would be awesome!!!