Finally A FORUM!

• Ben-to Forum IS GO! Use this thread for everything Ben-to! Hopeful for a July or August release personally. Can't wait to own one of my favorite shows of Fall 2011.

• Not sure I understand the decision to release a dub so quickly after its "simulcast," mere weeks after it was confirmed that simulcast numbers play a huge part in whether or not a show receives additional licensing or a dub

Ah well, that's just me being a little salty about no OniAi dub. It deserves a dub anyway, so I can't complain too much. Decent, straightforward show with a goofy concept powering it, much like how I feel about Kampfer or Noucome

• I feel like OniAi only got shafted because "Woah, there is a lot of incest stuff going on here!" I think it might have caught Funi off guard or something. As for Ben-to, I don't think it really needs a dub, but its setting might work well in English.

• @ArmyofDarkness:

I feel like OniAi only got shafted because "Woah, there is a lot of incest stuff going on here!" I think it might have caught Funi off guard or something. As for Ben-to, I don't think it really needs a dub, but its setting might work well in English.

OniAi wasn't dubbed because of the streaming numbers.

• Officially, yes. But I have a hard time believing that was the only reason.

• well, if they really are telling to truth about venturing into sub only releases and Oniai is a test bed, and we get more anime that would normally be passed over, I'll be happy. of course, i wont care if that turns out be to false, since watching oniai once was enough for me, and i was never going to buy it so i dont care about it not being dubbed

• I really wish funimation would have uploaded this hulu too when it was releasing it to us free subscribers here on the main site. I know it's a licencing issue and they cant discuss it openly but what I've seen of the first 4 episodes did't seem to be more then good comedic fighting series with an implied semi-incestuous attraction between the cousins but beyond that that none of the sexual violence that that seems part and parcel of all the fan service fighting series.

• Thought I'd put my two cents in. Loved the show and the music. Can't wait for more.

• This show is surprisingly fantastic. Funimation picked up a good one.

• In episode one, the lead was a human punching bag, what the show called a "dog". By the end of episode 2, he has become a "wolf", someone who can beat other "wolves" and can hold his own against legendary "wolves".

Almost literally (I know..) overnight he went from punk to "kung-fu master". I was expecting a Kenichi-esque "train the ultimate ben-to fighter" show,

• Loved this show, it's amazing to see how Anime creators can take a mundane or ridiculously simple concept like poor students/people wanting to get the marked down Pre-made meals at a grocery store and turn it into something that was so epic, hilarious, and action packed. The sheer ridiculousness of it's premise is what makes it Original and it has all the right elements in all the right quantities to make a series like "Ben-to" Instantly memorable and a fan favorite. I was hooked on this show after the first episode and was sad that it only had 12 episodes and only one season (MAKE A SEASON 2! DO IT!) The dub's were pretty good for the show as well and I thought they did a good job. Music=5 stars Animation=5 stars characters= 5 stars Story (with what they're working with lol)= 5 stars Dubs=5stars Subs= 5 stars.