~ SGT. Frog ~

• I am a fan of anime, especially of Sgt. Frog and like some people I have been wondering when will FUNimation lift the hiatus on dubbing the Sgt. Frog episodes in English? There is literally hundreds of more episodes and there is only 78 episodes dubbed in English. Can someone please tell me when they will start dubbing new episodes give an explanation of why they stopped?

• @lucky_frog:

give an explanation of why they stopped?

Sales were low and dropped off as the series went on. Same story as always.

• @TIL:

Sales were low and dropped off as the series went on. Same story as always.

What do you think of the "hiatus" situation? Do you think they will continue it any time soon?

• I'll never say "never" directly, but I would be surprised.

• 1. At this point, it's pretty safe to assume that Sgt. Frog's spaceship has sailed. As much as it pains me to say it, it's very unlikely we'll be seeing any more dubbed Frog from FUNimation.
    2. This really belongs in the Sgt. Frog thread, you know…..

• Unfortunately, everyone here is right. If the show was receiving low sales, then it only makes since that they stop producing it. The show has to make money in order to license more shows, to pay the voice-actors, and to actually make the DVDs. FUNimation didn't say never when they announced Sgt. Frog to be on hiatus, but at this point in time, it's a pleasant way of saying that they're done with it.

That said, I would really like to see a 4th season if they have the opportunity to make it and would support it fully. Unfortunately, like SpacemanHardy said, I brings me great disappointment to know that a Season 4 is so unlikely.

• D:, Okay
    Umm Okay .-. D: