What is the english Cast of Date A Live.

• I really eager to know what the cast for Date a live is already. Can't the forum administrator tell me? Why does it have to be kept secret until an official press announcement. Are things not to be told unless the press hears about it first?

• we should be finding out very soon

• Yep. Shouldn't be too much longer before we find out who's been cast.

• I wonder who has been casted to play Origami Tobiichi? When I viewed the episodes with the sound muted, and reading the subtitles, I visualized Brittney Karbowski playing the role? I wonder if I'm right? Although I think Jad saxton, Luci Christian or Cherami Leigh could also be casted. Or maybe it could be a newcomer.

Isn't usually announced at the same time the trailer is released?

• @Spaceshotx7:

Are things not to be told unless the press hears about it first?

Watch This Space

We don't know until they tell us.

• I'm more interested in who will be casted as Kurumi. I know many were looking forward to Attack on Titan dub cast, me, I'm more interested in Date A Live dub cast. Will be waiting at the edge of me sit until then. Hopefully more details will be announced in the up coming week.

Also waiting on the announcement and date of Date A Live II simulcast. Can't wait.

• Funimation usually announces a dub cast 3 months before the anime's release. Since Red Gata Girl's cast was already announced either Code: Breaker or Date A Live will be next (and probably soon)

• Now that the Date A Live forum is up, I'm moving this over there.

• FUNI released an English dubbed clip of Date A Live

http://youtu.be/A4VUBMtLmis

My personal opinion: Eh, on the side of iffy about the dub.

• Every Anime would be better if Morgan Freeman voiced every character! XD

• CHARACTER – ACTOR
    TOHKA Michelle Rojas
    SHIDO Josh Grelle
    TONOMACHI Nick Haley
    KURUMI Alexis Tipton
    REINE Barrett Nash
    KOTORI Bryn Apprill
    YOSHINO Tia Ballard
    TAMAE Anastasia Munoz
    MANA Felecia Angelle
    ORIGAMI Michelle Lee
    KANNAZUKI J. Michael Tatum
    RYOKO Caitlin Glass
    NARRATOR Alex Moore

CREW

ADR Director – Joel McDonald
    ADR Engineer – Cris George

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/04/02/kiss-the-girl-save-the-world-date-a-live-cast-announcement/

• @TIL:

CHARACTER – ACTOR
    TOHKA Michelle Rojas
    SHIDO Josh Grelle
    TONOMACHI Nick Haley
    KURUMI Alexis Tipton
    REINE Barrett Nash
    KOTORI Bryn Apprill
    YOSHINO Tia Ballard
    TAMAE Anastasia Munoz
    MANA Felecia Angelle
    ORIGAMI Michelle Lee
    KANNAZUKI J. Michael Tatum
    RYOKO Caitlin Glass
    NARRATOR Alex Moore

Finally about time, and I saw the dub trailer. Can't wait to see the episodes.

• Also, I know there is an OVA. When the show is released on DVD, I would like the OVA to be dubbed, as it counts as an episode, and to be consistant.

• I don't see any reason why they wouldn't dub a full length episode

• The OVA is on the home release, yes

• I know there was barely any dialogue in the trailer and it's unfair to judge the dub as a whole from only this but I'm not getting a good vibe from the dub; hopefully it ends up being a lot better.

Joel McDonald seems to work on a lot of harem/fanservicey shows and did excellent work on Freezing. Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar and Maken-Ki! Battling Venus were both very good too.

I notice the cast for those dubs had a lot of veteran voice actresses; maybe that's a big reason they were successful.

Date A Live has a lot newcomers and while I hope they do well, TBH there's nobody who grabs my attention. I guess Joel either wanted to change things up or someone in management twisted his arm to make this a "training camp" dub (why couldn't it be a show nobody actually cares about instead of something a lot of people will watch? Fanservice is the most watched genre after shonen)

Few more things:

*Isn't Michelle Lee the social media manager? If she wants to be a voice actress why is she doing that job? I have nothing against her but it comes across the same as aspiring VAs who become production assistants at Bang Zoom and hope to eventually get their chance in the booth. Seems a bit sly/sneaky and not so professional…

*I doubt it'll happen since Funimation rarely gives special treatment to fanservice dubs it would be interesting if Sarah Emi Bridcutt (who voices Yuzuru Yamai in Date A Live II) could reprise her role for the English dub when production starts a year or so from now. She's half Australian and probably speaks fluent English. I think there's only been a couple cases in the past where a Japanese VA also voiced their role again for the English dub. Lately dubs have gotten repetitive and aren't as exciting as they used to be. Would be a good opportunity to freshen things up

*Very disappointed that the #1 fanservice actress in the dub industry isn't part of the dub cast... A fanservice dub without Jamie Marchi more often than not ends up being a poor effort. IMO she's the English equivalent of Shizuka Ito who has also voiced numerous characters in big fanservice franchises. Interestly she voices Ellen Mira Mathers in Date A Live II. hint nudge wink (make it happen baka!) :)

• you complain about repetitive casting, then immediately complain that Jamie Marchi is not in the cast. Make up your mind

• @OppaiAnime4Ever:

I know there was barely any dialogue in the trailer and it's unfair to judge the dub as a whole from only this but I'm not getting a good vibe from the dub; hopefully it ends up being a lot better.

Joel McDonald seems to work on a lot of harem/fanservicey shows and did excellent work on Freezing. Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar and Maken-Ki! Battling Venus were both very good too.

I notice the cast for those dubs had a lot of veteran voice actresses; maybe that's a big reason they were successful.

Date A Live has a lot newcomers and while I hope they do well, TBH there's nobody who grabs my attention. I guess Joel either wanted to change things up or someone in management twisted his arm to make this a "training camp" dub (why couldn't it be a show nobody actually cares about instead of something a lot of people will watch? Fanservice is the most watched genre after shonen)

A lot of the time, people aren't interested in auditioning for a show with a lot of fanservice. It could be that the talent pool was much smaller than it usually is for this particular show

Fanservice isn't a genre, and even if it was, it would still be slotted behind comedy in terms of most-watched genres

None of the fanservice shows you mentioned have anything more than a cult following. The only semi-recent fanservice show that has had any kind of intense popularity was High School DxD, or perhaps Haganai if you want to count that for some reason

@OppaiAnime4Ever:

*Isn't Michelle Lee the social media manager? If she wants to be a voice actress why is she doing that job? I have nothing against her but it comes across the same as aspiring VAs who become production assistants at Bang Zoom and hope to eventually get their chance in the booth. Seems a bit sly/sneaky and not so professional…

Being a voice actress isn't a full-time job. Everybody who's a VA for Funimation has some other job they work, be it on the stage, directing, script-writing, or even an unrelated marketing job. One of the main characters in Robotics;Notes was voiced by a guy whose job at Funimation is to test each video on the site to make sure they're playing properly