Noragami Threeeead

• All Praise the Waffle Kami ( ・ ε ・)

So as everyone may know who has been watching Noragami season 1 has come to an end (I'm probably wrong if so strike me down) and that last battle between Yato and Rabo was awesome and the ending was reaally cuute >~< but what was everyone else's take on it?

• It was okay, it kind of rambled, wasn't really sure what kind of story it wanted to tell, and many characters felt kind of totally irrelevant (Bishamon is the biggest offender of this, for me)

! Apparently Rabo is an anime-only character that doesn't even appear in the manga, so why they dedicated about a quarter of the show to filler is so far beyond me I can't even comprehend it. I guess they wanted to give at least one reason as to why Hiyori was a relevant character

I wrote a little more in-depth about my rambling thoughts here

• the next canon arc is Bishamon's, and apparently 10 episodes are needed to properly adapt it, so they went with a filler arc due to only being given 12 episodes to work with. so says leatherhead in the Noragami discussion thread on ANN

• So wait what was the filler? Rabo?

• I haven't read the manga or what but I personally enjoyed the show. The ending was done rather nicely I thought. Robo just wanted to dissapear at the hands of someone similar to himself. And Hiyori's little confession was pretty funny. Then ending itself was wrapped up nicely enough that it could get another season but wouldn't complete leave the begging feeling of wanting/needing more. Overall I was pleased.

• I rather enjoyed Noragami. It was quite refreshing to see some YA Urban Fantasy with honest-to-Madoka character-writing. There were definitely some structural problems with the narrative due to being an adaptation of ongoing material, but it was probably one of the stronger series this season. I hope they make another season someday.

Also, dat OP was sweet as hell yo.

• I really liked this show. Even the "filler" ending was pretty good. But it's only barely scratched the surface of things, including another arc would've done wonders because this just felt like the introduction. I wish this had been a 2-cour series so they would have had time to adapt the Bishamon arc. Oh well, I really hope that this gets another season at some point, but for now I'll have to start in on the manga which, thanks to Kodansha, will soon be published in English.

@Renzokuken:

Also, dat OP was sweet as hell yo.

THIS! I think it's available on iTunes too so that means I'll have to buy it.

• Hiyori and Yato are sooo cute ^^

• The OP was great until I listened to the full thing, and now it suuuuuuuuuucks. ED was superb though as is the case with any song that's affiliated with Supercell

The opposite goes for Golden Time's 2nd OP. Terrible in the context of the show, spectacular as a full-length song

Nobunagun had OPOTS for being the opposite of everything that was wrong about WataMote!'s OP

• @Riles:

The OP was great until I listened to the full thing, and now it suuuuuuuuuucks.

I dunno, I like the full single. I wish it were longer than 2:50 though. Another bridge or an instrumental solo would have been cool.

• This show was surprisingly better than "the sum of its parts". The premise was pretty weak and the massively moe moments of the female lead and the allegorical tale of "Angst Boy" almost had me drop it but I persevered and kind of enjoyed it. It had a sub that I could actually get behind, which is pretty rare.

More importantly, I don't recall seeing a single honorific in the Funimation subtitles. I hope that their dub of this will also omit the honorifics.

The theme song was alright. I didn't quite get the hype behind it.

• @Renzokuken:

I dunno, I like the full single. I wish it were longer than 2:50 though. Another bridge or an instrumental solo would have been cool.

Agreed. The song is rather short. Its such a good one too that it being so short is about the only thing that ruins it for me. But I still enjoy listening to it.

• @sidereal_presence:

More importantly, I don't recall seeing a single honorific in the Funimation subtitles. I hope that their dub of this will also omit the honorifics.

Funimation only does honorifics if it's kind of necessary to the plot or jokes. I think the only show that had honorifics intact this season was D-Frag!, because some of the straight man retorts were commenting on the fact that someone was called 'sama' and stuff like that

• @Riles:

Funimation only does honorifics if it's kind of necessary to the plot or jokes. I think the only show that had honorifics intact this season was D-Frag!, because some of the straight man retorts were commenting on the fact that someone was called 'sama' and stuff like that

Interesting. I can't say that I saw D-Frag but what you describe does sound somewhat similar from my perspective to the scene in Noragami where Yato complains about being addressed formally, a situation where the subs said "mister" but the Japanese used honorifics (Episode 11, "Abandoned God", @ ~04:49).

• I just have one question…. What in the love of applesauce is a threeeead!? :p

• @sidereal_presence:

Interesting. I can't say that I saw D-Frag but what you describe does sound somewhat similar from my perspective to the scene in Noragami where Yato complains about being addressed formally, a situation where the subs said "mister" but the Japanese used honorifics (Episode 11, "Abandoned God", @ ~04:49).

Yeah. In general, -sans are translated to Mr. or Ms., -chan and -kun are (usually) dropped, and -sama (in the case of Inari Konkon) were translated, I think, to some combination of 'lady,' 'mistress,' and 'sir'

I think for Noragami they translated Yato-chan to Yatty since the honorific was used as a nickname rather than an honorific. Can't think of any other oddities at the moment

• Now that we've got an official forum for Noragami, I'm gonna move this on over there if ya'll don't mind. :)