Eureka Seven Movie- Good or Bad?

• I've seen Eureka Seven- good night sleep tight, young lovers (that was a mouthful to say) a couple of months and I came to think "Something's wrong with his movie. I still enjoyed it but wasn't as good as the tv series. Did anyone enjoy the E7 movie or was it dissapointing? Don't post spoilers. How was Eureka different? How was Renton different? How was anything different?

• And yet nobody answers.

• Patiance. :p

But yea it's pretty meh. Not worth wasting money on IMO. Best to stick with the series.

• @Soundmonkey44:

Patiance. :p

But yea it's pretty meh. Not worth wasting money on IMO. Best to stick with the series.

In fact, I'm getting the series when it comes it DVD. I'll probably only get it on DVD for both parts. Already got the movie.

• Lets make the people I have grown to care about in 50 episodes the Gekko State, let's make them bratty villains, great idea. Sense the sarcasm.

It is not terrible, but still that bothered me a bit.

• I saw it at the Alamo Drafthouse showing. I am a big fan of the first series, thought the movie didn't really fit either of the series. It wasn't bad it was just totally different. Was a lot of fun on the big screen. Still the love story is one I really enjoyed. Just want Renton and Eureka to have A LONG HAPPY LIFE.

• I got the original series on DVD years ago. I made up the conclusion that The TV series is better than the movie.

• @Zethus I never watch it but I have watch Eureka Seven and Eureka Seven AO which I LOVE both. Is the movie even canon? What it about?

• @gohan6425 said in Eureka Seven Movie- Good or Bad?:

@Zethus I never watch it but I have watch Eureka Seven and Eureka Seven AO which I LOVE both. Is the movie even canon? What it about?

Its canon in the same way that E7 and E7 Ao are related. Different dimensional BS. The E7 movie was okay, it just felt like watching a faster version of the TV series.

• @darthrutsula163 what you mean? is it the same storyline?

• @gohan6425 it's like Macross The Movie: Do You Remember Love? Although I have not seen it.

• @gohan6425 said in Eureka Seven Movie- Good or Bad?:

@darthrutsula163 what you mean? is it the same storyline?

Yes and no. Yes it takes place after the E7 TV series, no because it takes place in a different dimension. Just like AO. The only canon part about AO is that Eureka and Renton had two kids and that Ao is one of them. And anything that happens to Renton and Eureka (and I guess Ao) would be canon. Other than that what happens in AO doesn't affect what happens in E7.

Except everything in the movie has ZERO bearing on either TV series. The only way we actually know about it being "canon" is when they show that scene where they are looking at the Aurora at the end of the TV series (I don't remember the circumstances on the why but I remember it happening). So if you had just gone into the movie without watching the TV series you'll be confused on what that scene was supposed to be (you'd probably suspect it as a glitch in the video or something). But if you have watched the TV series (like I have) I felt that it was a nice redo between Renton and Eureka.

For example: Renton is the same age in the movie as he is in the TV series but he doesn't join the Gekko because he idolized them in the magazine, he joins because of... (I forget). I do remember that he WAS a part of the... army I think.

Like I said, its an okay movie but its not like you're missing something important about E7 by not watching it. Get me?

• @darthrutsula163 I happen to have the Bandai DVD while the TV show is FUNimation re-release.

• @Zethus said in Eureka Seven Movie- Good or Bad?:

@darthrutsula163 I happen to have the Bandai DVD while the TV show is FUNimation re-release.

I feel like i'm missing something in this statement.

• @darthrutsula163 what did you forget?

• @darthrutsula163 I was Both E7 and E7AO. Both are canon. Everything that happen in E7AO is canon dude. The events of E7AO take place a 10000000 years before E7. But that b/c that when back in time. But I never watch the movie, So I don't get what your getting at...