Lupin the 3rd: Daisuke Jigen's Tombstone Film Announced!

• http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-03-20/redline-koike-to-direct-lupin-the-iiird/daisuke-jigen-gravestone-film

A spin-off film of sorts set in the same universe as the previous 'The Woman Called Fujiko Mine' series has been announced, only this time it's going to star Lupin's long-time partner, Daisuke Jigen. The film will be directed by Takeshi Koike of Redline fame, who also previously served as animation director and character designer for said Fujiko series.

I think it goes without saying that I am PUMPED for this. I may not be as big on the Fujiko spinoff's style as I am the mainstream Lupin stuff, but there's no denying that it's quality - and I'm definitely looking forward to what this film will bring to the franchise. The only part that has me worried is the speculation that this may well be a 'sendoff' for Kobayashi's work as Jigen. That saddens me if it's true, since he's been a part of the franchise since day one. To lose him is going to be quite the blow if it's true. :(

But let's focus on the good stuff for now - not only is a live-action Lupin film coming out (that may or may not be a good thing), we're getting a brand new animated one too, so soon after the Conan crossover film. How awesome is that?